Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Key to beating the Dolphins

Key to beating the Dolphins

Just watching the the Phins vs. Raiders and the Jets shouldn't take them lightly, even consider Rex sucks vs. the Phins.

If Revis is back I say we win. ...

if not, and the Jets don't pressure, they don't

Imagine the media if we lose to the $hitfish?

Jake long is no joke.

Stopping Reggie Bush. End of story. He is the only guy on their offense that can kill us.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

epitome of a "trap game"

Hall Of Fame
    Ryan Tannehill playing like Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    epitome of a "trap game"
    If we beat Pitt, perhaps, but now we become a little desperate

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    If we beat Pitt, perhaps, but now we become a little desperate

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
    true

Tannehill is lol, they have no receivers, no one on their D is scary. All they have is Bush. They're like the Jaguars, only their RB isn't as good.

We had a bad game against an elite D and a good offense, and still the score was 10-20 until late in the 4th quarter.

Miami isn't a problem. They'll be a good pick-up game.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Tannehill is lol, they have no receivers, no one on their D is scary. All they have is Bush. They're like the Jaguars, only their RB isn't as good.

We had a bad game against an elite D and a good offense, and still the score was 10-20 until late in the 4th quarter.

Their passing offense should be snuffed out by us. But Bush is more like Spiller than anyone else we'll play this year. And we already saw what Spiller did to our D. Rex has eaten humble pie in south Florida before, the team needs to be ready and firing on all cylinders if they want to come out with a win.

Pick-up game? That attitude will get the Jets beat next week. It's gotten us beat in Miami before under Rex.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I hope Rex and Sparano take this game more seriously than you. That team is dying to beat their old head coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    epitome of a "trap game"
    no such thing as a trap game after a terrible loss.

Anyway, stop Bush (specifically, WRAP UP AND TACKLE) on defense, and we should be able to get to Tannehill.

On offense, just put up points.

If the Jets play their best and up to their potential, they should win this one easy. "Should" being the operative word.

I hope Rex and Sparano take this game more seriously than you. That team is dying to beat their old head coach.
    I'm sure he is. Doesn't mean I'm wrong, though.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

I'm sure he is. Doesn't mean I'm wrong, though.
    Like the post above your's said "Should is the operative word"

We're always "supposed" to destroy Miami in Miami. But in 2 of the 3 games under Rex, they've won down there. Rex thinking our team can't lose to them (because of their supposed anemic offense) is what gets us beat.

I don't think Miami can beat us with Bush really. Spot Landry on Bush and let the DL do the rest. Tannehille is the bigger issue IMO. You never know what a rook is bringing week in and week out. Hartline and Fasano can go quick outs on us all day. I still do not think our LBs can handle a good quick out O. If Hartline can do that vs Oakland then we need to plan for that. I'd have no issue with leaving Cro and Revis alone to help the LBs out up front. I think that is why we are using that 3 S set really. Send an extra blitz and zone cover up front.

Call me a risk taker.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Call me a risk taker.
    McGinley is a risk taker. Go put $500 on the Jets, doesn't matter what the spread is.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I don't think Miami can beat us with Bush really. Spot Landry on Bush and let the DL do the rest. Tannehille is the bigger issue IMO. You never know what a rook is bringing week in and week out. Hartline and Fasano can go quick outs on us all day. I still do not think our LBs can handle a good quick out O. If Hartline can do that vs Oakland then we need to plan for that. I'd have no issue with leaving Cro and Revis alone to help the LBs out up front. I think that is why we are using that 3 S set really. Send an extra blitz and zone cover up front.
    Bush had over 100 yards against us in the 1st half last year in that first game before he got hurt. He didn't play the 2nd game. He is very capable of hurting us.

In theory, we should force many mistakes from Tannehill. He's a rookie with limited options outside. Miami will look to run everything off play-action to try to fool us

I think some of you guys might be underrating our defense a bit. This should be a defensive battle. Our run D should have no problem shutting down your running game. We've been a top 5 rush D for a few years now. On offense, I'll admit, we don't have much besides bush. But he's playing really well. We'll see. I never thought we were as bad as everybody else, but I can acknowledge our weaknesses. Gotta play tough defense, and hopefully wear you guys out in the heat. Can't have turnovers. The biggest issue will be Tannehill vs. your DB's. He needs to step up. But same goes for sanchez, because I really don't see you guys running on us. I personally think it will be a close game. You guys will probably win, but not by much.