Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Explain TEBOW's usage today

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This is the most confusing post ever ... Tebow has extreme success on the one run he has and you don't want to see more of that ??
    Something about a blind squirrel finding a nut....

Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    This is the most confusing post ever ... Tebow has extreme success on the one run he has and you don't want to see more of that ??
    Agreed. The key is knowing when and when not to use him. First 2 plays? Great. The 3rd? Bad.

You just gotta know when to fold, and we didn't do that.

Veteran
    tim tebow is a backup quarterback. mark sanchez is the starting quarterback. on what team in the nfl take their starting quarterback out, for a running, gimmicky backup quarterback who can't throw?

lets face it. the wildcat doesn't belong in an NFL offense. teams don't use it anymore. quarterbacks like Newton, RG3, and Vick succeed because they can throw the ball. tebow can't. which is why he isn't on the field.

and just because a quarterback isn't being successful throwing the ball (which today sanchez was plagued by receivers that had the dropsies) doesn't mean you take him out. it's not like he was turning the ball over. look at Eli today, he started with 3 INTs, then brought the team back. enough with this crying over tebow not being on the field. as a QB, he shouldnt be on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Either he's part of the gameplan or he's not. WTF is this rollin him out for 3 plays in a row then never again?!? ESPECIALLY when his first run was longer than Greene's whole game.

Unbelievable. a 4th round pick for a cosmetic threat.

F*UCK
    Hard to explain. He couldn't have been part of the gameplan coming into this game. I think his 3 plays were thrown in spur of the moment out of desperation. After his good run, I'm surprised Sparano didn't go back to him again. But that just shows that Tebow was not part of the gameplan.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by heymangold View Post
    tim tebow is a backup quarterback. mark sanchez is the starting quarterback. on what team in the nfl take their starting quarterback out, for a running, gimmicky backup quarterback who can't throw?

lets face it. the wildcat doesn't belong in an NFL offense. teams don't use it anymore. quarterbacks like Newton, RG3, and Vick succeed because they can throw the ball. tebow can't. which is why he isn't on the field.

and just because a quarterback isn't being successful throwing the ball (which today sanchez was plagued by receivers that had the dropsies) doesn't mean you take him out. it's not like he was turning the ball over. look at Eli today, he started with 3 INTs, then brought the team back. enough with this crying over tebow not being on the field. as a QB, he shouldnt be on it.

This isn't a smart answer

Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    You did see the drops in those 2 hours right? Holmes had at least 2, Hill had a 40-50 yard drop. You know the kind of plays that keep the offense on the field and score points....

I want to know why they keep sending punch-drunk Greene out when we have Powell and McKnight gaining 5-10 yards every time they touched it?

Why the F is McKnight not being used on offense??????????????
    Hills pass wasn't a drop, it was knocked down by the defender. I saw Holmes drop a pass, but the called a horrible Pass Interference, the other drop looked like Mark threw it too early. I do t really remember many other drops. The Cumberland not looking back was a killer. Sanchez missing Holmes wide open for back to back TD drives to start the game was a killer.

I don't get how we were running and throwing on them at will, and then couldn't do anything for the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Hills pass wasn't a drop, it was knocked down by the defender. I saw Holmes drop a pass, but the called a horrible Pass Interference, the other drop looked like Mark threw it too early. I do t really remember many other drops. The Cumberland not looking back was a killer. Sanchez missing Holmes wide open for back to back TD drives to start the game was a killer.

I don't get how we were running and throwing on them at will, and then couldn't do anything for the rest of the game.
    You're right Hill's actually wasn't a drop it should have been pass interference the DB knocked his arm away before the ball got there.

I didn't say Sanchez played a perfect game... it was the very definition of a TEAM loss. No one played a great game defense couldn't cover, tackle, or get pressure, receivers couldn't catch/ran the wrong routes/ didn't look for the ball on hot routes, Greene was slow as hell as usual, muffed punts. The only unit that played pretty well was the Oline...

Jets Insider VIP
    Yeah we wudda won if tebow played more. OMG stop with the Tebow crap. He sucks.

All Pro
    All I know is that Mark always has (and always will) have these kinds of games. He's not Brady, he's not Ben. ....AND so we brought in Tebow to help WITH THESE EXACT KIND OF GAMES!!!

We don't need Tebow to beat fcking buffalo. Jesus Christ. Tim's supposed to be the equalizer in these games and he was nonexistent today. It's one thing if he sucked.

But he didn't

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyJet View Post
    Yeah?

All I know is that Mark always has (and always will) have these kinds of games. He's not Brady, he's not Ben. ....AND so we brought in Tebow to help WITH THESE EXACT KIND OF GAMES!!!

We don't need Tebow to beat fcking buffalo. Jesus Christ. Tim's supposed to be the equalizer in these games and he was nonexistent today. It's one thing if he sucked.

But he didn't
    funny you said Heymangold's answer wasn't smart... because it was the smartest answer in this thread.

tim tebow isn't an "equalizer". he doesn't have mystical powers that will suddenly make a team rise above and overcome.

he's a white, religious, brad smith. how come brad smith never came in mid game permanently?

but wait, tell me that this situation is different. go ahead.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    funny you said Heymangold's answer wasn't smart... because it was the smartest answer in this thread.

tim tebow isn't an "equalizer". he doesn't have mystical powers that will suddenly make a team rise above and overcome.

he's a white, religious, brad smith. how come brad smith never came in mid game permanently?

but wait, tell me that this situation is different. go ahead.
    The difference in our answers is mine is based in some kind of focused truth. He's was a self indulgent diatribe with double standards

Veteran
    The difference in our answers is mine is based in some kind of focused truth. He's was a self indulgent diatribe with double standards
    self indulgent? from what i see you think tim tebow could have thrown the ball in the air and caught it himself. the reason the broncos went out and got Peyton is because tim tebow isn't an NFL caliber starting quarterback. he can't throw the ball. all he can do is run the read option, which is best left for ncaa playbooks. sanchez is the qb of this team. i've had enough of you tebowmaniacs talking that if tebow started every problem on this team would be solved. if cromartie could cover someone for once, maybe we would be talking about something different. if holmes could catch a god damn ball thrown to him, we would be talking about something different. bottom line is that sanchez hit his receivers multiple times, and they failed him.

+1

One flukey run and Tim Tebow all of a sudden was the secret weapons that would have won us the game.

Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    +1

One flukey run and Tim Tebow all of a sudden was the secret weapons that would have won us the game.
    Not sure if he would have saved the game, but I thought he deserved a shot to try and make something happen after that run as bad as the offense was struggling.

For all the criticism he gets for his passing, Sanchez completed 43% of his passes yesterday so at least on this particular day it made no sense to put Mark back in, in that situation. It's like they freaked out because they were in 2 and 16, but I'm pretty sure Tebow was one of the better deep ball throwers last year and it's not like Sanchez does particularly better in those situations. I just didn't understand at all the reason to swap them there.

There's no way you can get into a rhythm in that situation and they should do the substituting in between possessions or set of downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Not sure if he would have saved the game, but I thought he deserved a shot to try and make something happen after that run as bad as the offense was struggling.

For all the criticism he gets for his passing, Sanchez completed 43% of his passes yesterday so at least on this particular day it made no sense to put Mark back in, in that situation. It's like they freaked out because they were in 2 and 16, but I'm pretty sure Tebow was one of the better deep ball throwers last year and it's not like Sanchez does particularly better in those situations. I just didn't understand at all the reason to swap them there.

There's no way you can get into a rhythm in that situation and they should do the substituting in between possessions or set of downs.
    Tebow wouldn't have done crap. He had one good run and then the next couple plays the offense looked like a cluster. Hard to complete passes when none of your receivers are getting open.

Our offense looked great last week when we faced the horrible Bills' secondary. This crap is going to be every week we lose a game "it's cuz Tebow didn't play enuff... then it will be cuz Tebow didn't start" ugh

All Pro
    self indulgent? from what i see you think tim tebow could have thrown the ball in the air and caught it himself. .
    Get over yourselves, and your hate campaigns. NOTHING about what I've posted in this thread suggests that I believed Tebow would have saved this game.

I asked a question. Explain his usage. Was he part of the gameplan? If so, why did they not pull the trigger. If not, why put him in it at all.

Why trade for the guy period, talk about a wildcat formation that we never use. If this game didn't inspire them to try, then what kind of game would?

Don't put words in my mouth there cheesecakes.

Get over yourselves, and your hate campaigns. NOTHING about what I've posted in this thread suggests that I believed Tebow would have saved this game.

I asked a question. Explain his usage. Was he part of the gameplan? If so, why did they not pull the trigger. If not, why put him in it at all.

Why trade for the guy period, talk about a wildcat formation that we never use. If this game didn't inspire them to try, then what kind of game would?

Don't put words in my mouth there cheesecakes.
    The Tebow trade was a stupid move. Our CS knows that. I would hope our FO is smart and knows that too and it was just the idiot Owner Wood-Yi collecting his hero Teabag.

He looked ok I suppose in the Buffalo as did everyone on our roster b/c the Bills have no defense and are clueless. Today he had one flukey run followed by 2 busted plays in the wildcat. What else did you want?

But he didn't
    Totally agree. This is the type of game that I thought we would see more of Tebow, to change things up and move the ball a little. The game was never out of reach until the very end.

Please, enough with the "Tebow can't throw the ball" crap. He threw the ball successfully against this same team in the playoffs last year. Can he throw the ball in Mark's scheme? No, but he can throw the ball in a system that is designed for his skill set.

self indulgent? from what i see you think tim tebow could have thrown the ball in the air and caught it himself. the reason the broncos went out and got Peyton is because tim tebow isn't an NFL caliber starting quarterback. he can't throw the ball. all he can do is run the read option, which is best left for ncaa playbooks. sanchez is the qb of this team. i've had enough of you tebowmaniacs talking that if tebow started every problem on this team would be solved. if cromartie could cover someone for once, maybe we would be talking about something different. if holmes could catch a god damn ball thrown to him, we would be talking about something different. bottom line is that sanchez hit his receivers multiple times, and they failed him.
    Newsflash for you, but Tebow has a number of roles on the team, and you really need to think about it that way. I mean, when he's in there on the punting team, that's not as the "back up QB", it's as the "personal protector".

Similarly, Tebow is the "WC QB" for the Jets. He comes in and runs WC plays. Strange as it may seem, that's not the same as the #2 QB replacing the #1.

As to the Read Option, funny thing is that more teams are using it this year than last. Hell, Trent Freaking Dilfer had a bit on ESPN about it, "Running QBs" where he talked about these "college rushing attacks" becoming more prevalent in the NFL, how it will continue, and how contrary to some opinions, NFL teams HAVEN'T learned how to stop it.

Would putting Tebow in have changed things ? Quite possibly. If he busted out another 20+ yard run, you can bet your ass that Pitt would have changed their defensive scheme. Who knows what could have happened then.