Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sanchez before and after getting hit

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjets23 View Post
    After the first drive, he was 6 for 22 for 58 yards
    And some of those were on the last drive of the game a.k.a. "garbage time".

After the first two drives the offense was bad. I thought the OL held up well. I put it on Sanchez and the WRs. Too many drops and Sanchez had some bad throws as well.

Combine that with what the defense did and you get a 27-10 beat down.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's a fragile QB who does not react well to physical adversity. He wasn't helped by a horrendous game by our [airquotes]#1 WR [/airquotes] and our pedestrian running game.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    He's a fragile QB who does not react well to physical adversity. He wasn't helped by a horrendous game by our [airquotes]#1 WR [/airquotes] and our pedestrian running game.
    i hear what you're saying. another way to word this is that nobody picks up the slack anymore if sanchez isn't at his best. the wrs made too many mistakes, they don't have playmakers at rb and the defense lacks playmakers despite all the drafting. the good teams have guys who can keep games close even when their qb isn't playing great. with the jets, it's a bleed to death slowly, capped off by a 10+ minute drive.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    yesterday was not Sanchez' fault.
    -Our WRs aren't that good.
    -Kerley fumbled a punt return
    -Cromartie is being paid too much
    -Defense have to capitalize on sacks and be oppertunistic.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    And some of those were on the last drive of the game a.k.a. "garbage time".

After the first two drives the offense was bad. I thought the OL held up well. I put it on Sanchez and the WRs. Too many drops and Sanchez had some bad throws as well.

Combine that with what the defense did and you get a 27-10 beat down.
    Sancehez missed Holmes for a TD. Bad throw there.

Hill didn't come up with a TD that he could have. That hurt. Cumberland didn't turn around and got hit in the butt, that would have been a first down and yardage. Santonio had multiple balls off his chest, that's no bueno.

What I noticed was in the first quarter receivers getting seperation, and in the second half I didn't see anyone to throw to. The running game didn't help much, where is this great ground and pound?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by endgameeugenics View Post
    yesterday was not Sanchez' fault.
    -Our WRs aren't that good.
    -Kerley fumbled a punt return
    -Cromartie is being paid too much
    -Defense have to capitalize on sacks and be oppertunistic.
    This is the issue, Sanchez can be successful as along as everything else is tickety boo. I guess we just have to accept that he will never be a franchise QB.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the issue, Sanchez can be successful as along as everything else is tickety boo. I guess we just have to accept that he will never be a franchise QB.
    Everything doesn't have to be "tickety boo", but, NFL WRs can't be dropping catchable balls. A no-huddle offense wouldv'e been a nice adjustment at some point in the 3rd quarter maybe???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think the issue is that if sanchez isn't at his absolute best, the jets have nobody else who lifts the team. nobody else can make a play. the entire blame goes on sanchez despite all the other screw ups. sometimes the opposing defense is stout. the problem is that the jets have nobody else who can spark the team. with the giants, by contrast, even when eli stinks they have enough guys who keep them in games.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    MARK SANCHEZ HAD 0 TURNOVERS

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He looked shook after that. Also the receivers dropping everything and not getting open didn't help.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    True, but most of his passes were uncatchable/thrown 5 yards away from both offensive and defensive players.

The throw to Hill could have been better. He had the man beat, the throw needed to be deeper as Hill slowed up and the defender was able to get a hand up.

Also, Ben R. was pressured more than Sanchez, but was able feel the pressure and make some great throws Ė a few that stood out - that back shoulder throw to Brown, a throw to the TE that despite good coverage only he could catch, plus recognizing and getting the ball deep to WRís with only 1 defender covering them.

We donít see enough of those kinds of reads/throws from Sanchez. He basically only hits open WRís. many times if a man is covered, he lacks the necessary accuracy to allow his guy to make a play. He also still doesnít have a good feel for managing a game (his short throw accuracy is poor at best as he almost never hits RBís in full stride).

He really is his own worst enemy when it comes to his completion percentage and moving the chains. The one head scratcher for me was, itís 3rd and 5 and heís throwing a 20-30 yard pass down field??? I donít get it.

With that said, I donít think yesterday loss was Sanchezís faultÖ the defense couldnít get off the field, never made any big plays that the offense could rally off of.

The lack of team defensive speed is alarming. The jets are just getting too old at LBer with Pace, Scott, Thomas (when he plays) and the young guys arenít exactly athletic-speed freaks either.

I also didnít love the lack of 2nd half adjustments to counter what Pittsburgh was doing on either side of the ball.

Rex and staff were clearly outcoached.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eli had 3, 1 that was returned for a TD,but the Giants managed to beat a gamed Bucs team dispite that.
    Last edited by Tinstar; 09-17-2012 at 01:19 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Eli had 3, 1 that was returned for a TD,but the Giants amanged to beat a gamed Bucs team dispited that.
    What is that Esperanto? Ebonics? Hangover?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by long island leprechaun View Post
    What is that Esperanto? Ebonics? Hangover?
    Got me man. I just type and post. Sometimes after i re-read it i just laugh.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by j3ts83 View Post
    Sanchez's numbers before Timmon's hit him in the helmet for roughing the passer 6-8 for 80 yards and a TD then after getting hit in the head, 4-19 for 58 yards and 0 TDs.

I know there were drops and maybe it was nothing, but something to think about?
    Remember that game in Baltimore when Sanchez got mauled by their defense? He hasn't been the same ever since when he gets hit. I think he's having flashbacks.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    Eli had 3, 1 that was returned for a TD,but the Giants managed to beat a gamed Bucs team dispite that.
    Giants were at home
    Giants beat the Bucs

We went to a 0-1 Pitt