Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 88

Thread: The AFC East

  1. #21
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,698
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    Well, except maybe for Greene, even if he did come back and oh yeah, high probability that Mark is somewhat concused though he will try and hide it.

    Pats lost Connolly(sp?) for a good while last week and Hernandez for half the season today...

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Did you know we're 1st in the division? And oddly enough, NE is last. Kinda funny.
    Too bad the NFL doesn't play a 2-game regular season format.

  3. #23
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    18,659
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully we win next week and regain some confidence. This team seems to have a bully mentality. Would like to see some more consistency.

    Things are never as good as they seem or as bad as they seem.

    However, the Houston and SF games will be an indicator of where we are. Are we going to beat up on the bottom dwellers and come up small against the contenders or are we going to rise to the occasion and "nut up"? Would be nice to play a real solid 4 quarters against a legit team.

  4. #24
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Too bad the NFL doesn't play a 2-game regular season format.
    Aww, you're so butthurt. QQ more, k?

  5. #25
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    New England may very well start off 3-3, but they'll still wind up winning 11 games, including both against us.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    New England may very well start off 3-3, but they'll still wind up winning 11 games, including both against us.
    I agree. I was just pointing out how ludicrous it was to see us at the top of the division and NE last. Apparently, Tex isn't smart enough to comprehend that, so he got butthurt.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    New England may very well start off 3-3, but they'll still wind up winning 11 games, including both against us.
    Offense is totally out of sync.

    Brady still holding the ball too long and missing open WR's.

    Loss of Hernandez will set the offense even further back.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    AFCE is a two team race between Jets and Pats. One thing to lose to Steelers in Pittsburgh another thing to lose at home to Kevin Kolb. Pats got exposed today.
    The Pats didn't lose to Kevin Kolb. The Pats totally shut down Kolb. He completed 15 of 27 passes for 140 yards and a TD. The TD came off a drive that started on the Patriots 2 yard line because the Cards' special teams blocked a punt. In fact, half the Cards' points came off of turnovers. They scored a field goal off of Brady's tipped ball INT which gave the Cards the ball on the Pats' 25 and then went three and out.

    Kolb was a non-factor in the Cards win. In fact, they won despite of him. As AFCEast pointed out, the Pats lost because of the Cards' great defense and special teams.

    BTW, the Cards are 9-2 over their last 11 games. They may not be as bad as you think. Hard to tell because they play in the NFC West.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,628
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We already ARE in first, lol.
    Actually they're in a 4 way tie for first - but would win the playoff tiebreaker. Which is not on he table.

    They're not officially in sole possession of 1st place. That wood be nice.

  10. #30
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    8,239
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Offense is totally out of sync.

    Brady still holding the ball too long and missing open WR's.

    Loss of Hernandez will set the offense even further back.
    So does this mean you think the Jets will win the East?

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,324
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Actually they're in a 4 way tie for first - but would win the playoff tiebreaker. Which is not on he table.

    They're not officially in sole possession of 1st place. That wood be nice.
    Technically, yea. That win in the division helps, lol.

  12. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    So does this mean you think the Jets will win the East?
    8 wins only claims the division in the AFCW.

  13. #33
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Offense is totally out of sync.

    Brady still holding the ball too long and missing open WR's.

    Loss of Hernandez will set the offense even further back.
    Tex...is this what the problem is? I didnt watch much of the game, but box score seemed like pats should have crushed them.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Tex...is this what the problem is? I didnt watch much of the game, but box score seemed like pats should have crushed them.
    Cards had a great defensive game plan.

    They went with a 2-5 set (yes, only two down-linemen) the entire game.

    Brady couldn't figure out which of the 5 LB's would be coming after him.

    Gotta give the Cards credit, they deserved the win yesterday.

  15. #35
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,864
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Cards had a great defensive game plan.

    They went with a 2-5 set (yes, only two down-linemen) the entire game.

    Brady couldn't figure out which of the 5 LB's would be coming after him.

    Gotta give the Cards credit, they deserved the win yesterday.
    Were the 5 Lbs or was it 3 or 4 Lbs and the rest DBs?

    Ive been saying it for a while, but its still fustrating to see us playing molasses slow bart and harris together, especially vs the "spread" offenses when we could easily play 4-2-5, still stop the run and be able to have better coverage out there.

  16. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Were the 5 Lbs or was it 3 or 4 Lbs and the rest DBs?

    Ive been saying it for a while, but its still fustrating to see us playing molasses slow bart and harris together, especially vs the "spread" offenses when we could easily play 4-2-5, still stop the run and be able to have better coverage out there.
    Yep, it was 4 LB's and a DB up in the box the entire game.

    Brady was totally confused.

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    1,762
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AFCEastFan View Post
    Patriots are having issues on offense, particularly their pass blocking and the status of their three best receivers (Welker, Gronk and Hernandez). Welker appears to be hurt and/or is being phased out of the offense. He had a grotesque and untimely drop for the third consecutive week (dating back to the SB).

    Gronk looks like he has lost half a step and I suspect he is not fully recovered from his offseason surgery. Hernandez is obviously out indefinitely.

    Kevin Kolb had almost nothing to do with the Cardinals win, so it's not really fair to say that the Patriots "lost" to Kolb. The win was all about the Cardinals D and ST, both of which looked awesome. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were 7-0 going into MNF against the 49ers.
    The Pats look like the unstoppable force they always do. Every year they have a few questionable games and they look mortal for a game or two. Remember last year when they lost to the steelers and Giants in back to back weeks. Then didn't loose another game all season.

    This is business as usual for the Pats. They have a long established trend of doing this. Just like the Jets have a long established trend of coming up short in big spots, and even shorter after a big performance.

  18. #38
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Too bad the NFL doesn't play a 2-game regular season format.
    Pats are 2nd in total defense as well. Who would have seen that coming?

    They are doing a good job in getting turnovers and limiting a teams strength. Held Chris Johnson to 4 yds on 11 carries week 1, held Larry Fitzgerald to 4 yards yesterday. Too bad the season didn't end yesterday statswise.

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kjmass1 View Post
    Pats are 2nd in total defense as well. Who would have seen that coming?

    They are doing a good job in getting turnovers and limiting a teams strength. Held Chris Johnson to 4 yds on 11 carries week 1, held Larry Fitzgerald to 4 yards yesterday. Too bad the season didn't end yesterday statswise.
    Who would have thought the Pats defense would out-perform the offense to start the season?

    It's only 2 games, but I'm encouraged by what the defense is doing.

  20. #40
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,893
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    And the Pats travel to Baltimore for a night game. Jets could definitely be in 1st next week.

    The Arizona loss, and the Hernandez loss suddenly make the AFC East a lot more interesting.
    yeah so do the Buf and Mia wins - Be objective...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us