Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 88

Thread: The AFC East

  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    The Pats' defense did hold Larry Fitzgerald to one catch and four yards. That is something no team has ever done. Just saying.
    Kolb is HORRIBLE!
    Watched the game with an unbiased non fan son & a huge Pats fan (son in law)
    Consensus among all of us...............THE GUY WAS HORRIBLE!
    He couldn't even get the ball to WIDE OPEN running backs & recievers, he constantly moved to his right under pressure when he had a clean pocket formed by just stepping up & everyone in football knows that the Cardinals Oline is always rated as one of the worst in the NFL, always rated in the bottom 5.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Kolb is HORRIBLE!
    Watched the game with an unbiased non fan son & a huge Pats fan (son in law)
    Consensus among all of us...............THE GUY WAS HORRIBLE!
    He couldn't even get the ball to WIDE OPEN running backs & recievers, he constantly moved to his right under pressure when he had a clean pocket formed by just stepping up & everyone in football knows that the Cardinals Oline is always rated as one of the worst in the NFL, always rated in the bottom 5.
    Kolb is horrible, but he was just as horrible when he started last year and Fitzgerald never had a game like this. And is any worse than Matt Leinhart, Max hall, or Derek Anderson? They all threw to Fitzgerald and he never had a game like this.

    I could see your argument if he had a three catch day for 50-60 yards. That is a horrible day for Fitzgerald. He had one catch for four yards.

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Kolb is horrible, but he was just as horrible when he started last year and Fitzgerald never had a game like this. And is any worse than Matt Leinhart, Max hall, or Derek Anderson? They all threw to Fitzgerald and he never had a game like this.

    I could see your argument if he had a three catch day for 50-60 yards. That is a horrible day for Fitzgerald. He had one catch for four yards.
    So - congrats - the Pats won the Fitzgerald Bowl. And look - all they got for it was a '1' on the wrong side of the ledger and a spot in the basement of the AFC East.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    So - congrats - the Pats won the Fitzgerald Bowl. And look - all they got for it was a '1' on the wrong side of the ledger and a spot in the basement of the AFC East.
    First of all, I never said that it was a win. I was just countering that the Pats has no shot at stopping all the Ravens' weapons.

    And LOL! at your in "the basement of the AFC East". Anyone know if the Patriots are mathematically out the AFC East race for being in last place after week two and being ZERO games behind the AFC East leader? I don't know if any team could dig themselves out of that hole when the Pats are a lowly 1-1 and the Jets are an impressive 1-1 with only 14 games to make up the difference.

  5. #65
    All League
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Fishers, Indiana
    Posts
    4,180
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    You can spin it both ways.

    You can easily argue it this way as the way you argued:

    The Pats lost to a hot team that has won 9 of its last 11 games and the Jets lost to a team with a messed up o-line, their two best defensive players inactive, and no RB. The Pats lost on a shanked field goal miss and a TD called back on a questionable holding call on what would have been the winning TD. The Jets got blown out and their offense fell apart down the stretch.

    The Cards are better than people on this board and I gave them credit for. Their defense is legit. I think the Steelers are due for a mediocre year this year and will struggle for a Wild Card spot.
    I could have also argued that you're a loser troll a$$hat....but I didn't.....

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by IndianaJet View Post
    I could have also argued that you're a loser troll a$$hat....but I didn't.....
    Funny, this loser troll is being respectful to other posters and actually debating on facts. And you as an "intelligent" poster is lowering the level of conversation to ignorant insults.

    Good for you!

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    You can spin it both ways.

    You can easily argue it this way as the way you argued:

    The Pats lost to a hot team that has won 9 of its last 11 games and the Jets lost to a team with a messed up o-line, their two best defensive players inactive, and no RB. The Pats lost on a shanked field goal miss and a TD called back on a questionable holding call on what would have been the winning TD. The Jets got blown out and their offense fell apart down the stretch.

    The Cards are better than people on this board and I gave them credit for. Their defense is legit. I think the Steelers are due for a mediocre year this year and will struggle for a Wild Card spot.
    You mean the win yesterday wasn't a franchise marquis victory for them?

  8. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    First of all, I never said that it was a win. I was just countering that the Pats has no shot at stopping all the Ravens' weapons.

    And LOL! at your in "the basement of the AFC East". Anyone know if the Patriots are mathematically out the AFC East race for being in last place after week two and being ZERO games behind the AFC East leader? I don't know if any team could dig themselves out of that hole when the Pats are a lowly 1-1 and the Jets are an impressive 1-1 with only 14 games to make up the difference.
    Ravens offense vs Cards offense
    Good luck with that
    Shut out Fitz (great job) you would think you would win that game. If someone said Pats held Fitz to 1 catch for 4 yards, I'm like "wow, Pats must have killed them".
    Playing the Ravens with Rice, Bolden, Tory, TEs & Flacco, who obviously is finding his groove will be the REAL test for your revamped defense.
    Talk to me after next week.
    * Before the season I made a post about how the Pats will face some good defenses this year & I didn't even include the Cards as a tough D & a loss.
    Ravens, Broncos, Texans, 49ers, Jets twice (yet to be determined, how good we are)
    That's a lot of games to get through with a shaky Oline, no Hernandez, & a 35 year old QB.
    Of course the Bills won't be a picnic as they won a game last year from you because they actually don't match up well with the Jets.
    Pats are still better than the Jets but they have come back to the pack.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    You can spin it both ways.

    You can easily argue it this way as the way you argued:

    The Pats lost to a hot team that has won 9 of its last 11 games and the Jets lost to a team with a messed up o-line, their two best defensive players inactive, and no RB. The Pats lost on a shanked field goal miss and a TD called back on a questionable holding call on what would have been the winning TD. The Jets got blown out and their offense fell apart down the stretch.

    The Cards are better than people on this board and I gave them credit for. Their defense is legit. I think the Steelers are due for a mediocre year this year and will struggle for a Wild Card spot.
    Cards will not win more than 6-7 games this season. The way they won their first 2 games is unsustainable (needing breaks on the final play, dropped pass, missed FG) and their inconsistent QB play and lack of running game will frequently doom them regardless of opponent. To compare them to an organization like the Steelers that is a perennial double digit winner and SB contender is nothing short of laughable. Roethlisberger may end up in the HoF the Cards don't even have an adequate starter. And the Steeler D is good year in and year out. Nobody is handing them a playoff spot than this year, but they are a different level of opponent than Arizona.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Ravens offense vs Cards offense
    Good luck with that
    Shut out Fitz (great job) you would think you would win that game. If someone said Pats held Fitz to 1 catch for 4 yards, I'm like "wow, Pats must have killed them".
    Playing the Ravens with Rice, Bolden, Tory, TEs & Flacco, who obviously is finding his groove will be the REAL test for your revamped defense.
    Talk to me after next week.
    * Before the season I made a post about how the Pats will face some good defenses this year & I didn't even include the Cards as a tough D & a loss.
    Ravens, Broncos, Texans, 49ers, Jets twice (yet to be determined, how good we are)
    That's a lot of games to get through with a shaky Oline, no Hernandez, & a 35 year old QB.
    Of course the Bills won't be a picnic as they won a game last year from you because they actually don't match up well with the Jets.
    Pats are still better than the Jets but they have come back to the pack.
    Again, the game wasn't just the Pats' defense vs. the Cards' offense. The Cards scored 10 points off of turnovers deep in Patriots territory (one of those scores came off a three and out).

    The Pats lost Hernandez at the start of the game which threw them into a tailspin on offense for a while which they got out of too late at the end of the game (or if you think the Gronk holding penalty on what would be the game winning TD was BS, right at the right time). We will have to see if their offense will struggle the same way when they go into the game game planning for the offense to be without Hernandez and the offensive line back at full strength (Connolly was out who is worlds better than Donald Thomas who replaced him and Vollmer is still not playing full time returning from injury).

    It is a little hypocritical for you guys to be talking about a real test for the Pats defense, when you guys all last week were talking about Sanchez potentially becoming elite and all the weapons he has after last week's game against the Bills.

    The Pats' defense has been great against mediocre offenses, but a lot of defenses are mediocre or worse against mediocre offenses. The Ravens could score 40 on the Pats next week or the Pats' defense may have actually turned the corner and become a good defense. The fact is that none of us know, but much of you act like it is the same defense as last year.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Cards will not win more than 6-7 games this season. The way they won their first 2 games is unsustainable (needing breaks on the final play, dropped pass, missed FG) and their inconsistent QB play and lack of running game will frequently doom them regardless of opponent. To compare them to an organization like the Steelers that is a perennial double digit winner and SB contender is nothing short of laughable. Roethlisberger may end up in the HoF the Cards don't even have an adequate starter. And the Steeler D is good year in and year out. Nobody is handing them a playoff spot than this year, but they are a different level of opponent than Arizona.

    The Jets went to the AFC Championships the first time that people said wouldn't win more than 6-7 games because the way they won games was unsustainable with a bunch of last second, come from behind wins while playing like crap for 3 1/2 quarters. The Cards' defense is legit. In the NFC West alone, that may be enough to win 9 games.

    As for the Steelers, they follow a pattern of 2 years Super Bowl contenders followed by a season fo single digit wins. In 2009 they were 9-7, in 2006 they were 8-8, and in 2003 they were 6-10. The other years they were Super Bowl contenders with double digit wins.

    Also, it is funny that the spin on Friday was that the Steelers were very beatable even without Revis because Harrison and Polumalu are also out and the Steelers have no o-line and no RBs. Now they are a perennial double digit winner because they won by 17 points and the Jets' offense fell apart?

    Their defense is aged and their two best players on defense didn't play. They are probably a 8 to 9 win team this year unless they can get healthy quickly.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 09-17-2012 at 02:32 PM.

  12. #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    The Jets went to the AFC Championships the first time that people said wouldn't win more than 6-7 games because the way they won games was unsustainable with a bunch of last second, come from behind wins while playing like crap for 3 1/2 quarters. The Cards' defense is legit. In the NFC West alone, that may be enough to win 9 games.

    As for the Steelers, they follow a pattern of 2 years Super Bowl contenders followed by a season fo single digit wins. In 2009 they were 9-7, in 2006 they were 8-8, and in 2003 they were 6-10. The other years they were Super Bowl contenders with double digit wins.

    Also, it is funny that the spin on Friday was that the Steelers were very beatable even without Revis because Harrison and Polumalu are also out and the Steelers have no o-line and no RBs. Now they are a perennial double digit winner because they won by 17 points and the Jets' offense fell apart?

    Their defense is aged and their two best players on defense didn't play. They are probably a 8 to 9 win team this year unless they can get healthy quickly.
    In the NFC West alone? Right now they have the worst starting QB situation in the division and their D is only better than the Rams. They could still finish 4th in that division, I don't see any better than 3rd for them. Cards did beat the Seahawks head to head, but it was at home and Wilson's first career start. Edwards should have made the catch and everyone today would see a 1-1 Cards team that pulled off a big fluke victory over an overconfident and unprepared Pats team. Stop talking them up just because your team laid an egg. Sometimes teams have a fluky 2-0 or 3-0 start. Bills last year come to mind.

    Steelers went 12-4 last year and were in the SB the year prior to that. Am I missing something? Once healthy, how are they an 8 win team? They were in position to steal the game from Denver before an ill-advised throw by Ben stopped them late. Denver might also be a 12 win team this season and they were at home. Good luck to you guys when you play the Steelers, hopefully you can come up with something better than what you did when you played them last season. Right now, I'd be more worried about a Ravens team that is near impossible to beat in their stadium. And trust me, they are far better than the Cards team you just faced.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    In the NFC West alone? Right now they have the worst starting QB situation in the division and their D is only better than the Rams. They could still finish 4th in that division, I don't see any better than 3rd for them. Cards did beat the Seahawks head to head, but it was at home and Wilson's first career start. Edwards should have made the catch and everyone today would see a 1-1 Cards team that pulled off a big fluke victory over an overconfident and unprepared Pats team. Stop talking them up just because your team laid an egg. Sometimes teams have a fluky 2-0 or 3-0 start. Bills last year come to mind.

    Steelers went 12-4 last year and were in the SB the year prior to that. Am I missing something? Once healthy, how are they an 8 win team? They were in position to steal the game from Denver before an ill-advised throw by Ben stopped them late. Denver might also be a 12 win team this season and they were at home. Good luck to you guys when you play the Steelers, hopefully you can come up with something better than what you did when you played them last season. Right now, I'd be more worried about a Ravens team that is near impossible to beat in their stadium. And trust me, they are far better than the Cards team you just faced.
    Have you looked at the age of their defense? Most of their starters are well into their 30s.

    And the key to your point is "once healthy". The Jets faced a depleted Steelers, not the once healthy Steelers. You look at history and the Steelers' defense is significantly worse when Polumalu is out of the line up than when he is in.

    Also, I think you are underrating the Cards' defense. Their defense was near the top in every category the second half of last season after sucking the first half.

    The only chance the Pats have to play the Steelers this year is if both face each other in the playoffs.

    I agree the Ravens are better than the Cards team the Pats faced. I think it is a game that the Pats could easily lose. I never said it wasn't.

    But the Jets have at least five or six teams on their schedule who are better than the depleted Steelers team that blew them out including maybe the Cards. Shouldn't be worried about those teams instead of the Pats?
    Last edited by Rob0729; 09-17-2012 at 03:04 PM.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    You can spin it both ways.

    You can easily argue it this way as the way you argued:

    The Pats lost to a hot team that has won 9 of its last 11 games and the Jets lost to a team with a messed up o-line, their two best defensive players inactive, and no RB. The Pats lost on a shanked field goal miss and a TD called back on a questionable holding call on what would have been the winning TD. The Jets got blown out and their offense fell apart down the stretch.

    The Cards are better than people on this board and I gave them credit for. Their defense is legit. I think the Steelers are due for a mediocre year this year and will struggle for a Wild Card spot.
    Dude - the cards don't have a QB, this is their much maligned BACKUP, and their starter isn't much better - the only reason you even had a chance to shank that field goal was the totally ridiculous fumble that happened a few plays earlier - Jets vs Pit was in no way a blow out if you watched the game.

    Its bad enough we have to listen to you spew your trolling garbage, but don't just start saying things for the sake of saying them. The Jets sucked yesterday but not as bad as the pats did.

  15. #75
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    South Bound Brook
    Posts
    2,497
    Its the patriots MO to loose to inferior oppenents once or twice a year. Especially early in the season they don't generally play well but usually win the games they play bad in.

    Last year they lost to the steelers and then Giants in back to back weeks. THen they played the Jets and never looked back. I except the same thing this year.

  16. #76
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Big Apple, USA
    Posts
    22,855
    like we care what you "except"

  17. #77
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    262
    Has anyone noticed how the seemingly "easy" back-end of the schedule is now looking a bit tougher... maybe just an over reaction to two games but can you say any of these will be easy wins...

    @ Seattle (west coast trip, 12th man, Lynch)
    @ St Louis (they figured out a way to beat RGIII)
    Arizona (been discussed here already)
    San Diego (we usually own them but would prefer this was a 1pm)

    While I think we still can/should win 3 of 4 I was feeling much better about these opponents 2 weeks ago...

    It's a long season and I'm sure things will change again long before we get to these games

  18. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post

    Pats are still better than the Jets but they have come back to the pack.
    Exactly how have the Pats "come back to the pack"?

    The defense is is a substantial improvement over last year and the offense is still top 5 in the NFL.

    The Pats are still head and heels above any team in the AFCE.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Pats are still head and heels above any team in the AFCE.
    And if the Ravens take care of them at home, they may have the same record as some of the worst teams in the league. Just saying....

  20. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan_toronto_canada View Post
    Dude - the cards don't have a QB, this is their much maligned BACKUP, and their starter isn't much better - the only reason you even had a chance to shank that field goal was the totally ridiculous fumble that happened a few plays earlier - Jets vs Pit was in no way a blow out if you watched the game.

    Its bad enough we have to listen to you spew your trolling garbage, but don't just start saying things for the sake of saying them. The Jets sucked yesterday but not as bad as the pats did.
    Dude! I agree that Kevin Kolb is far worse than Kevin Kolb who started for them last year.

    Seriously Dude, you do realize that Kevin Kolb who played for yesterday is the same Kevin Kolb who started for them for half the season last year and Fitzgerald was never held to less than three catches and 60 something yards.

    It is bad enough to be talking to people who obviously can't grasp that fact, but is another for them to insult you for the fact they can't understand the argument.

    Oh, and the Jets sucked far, far worse. The Pats at least made it a game and could have or possibly should have won in the end. The Jets were taken to the woodshed against a team with no offensive line and their two best defensive players inactive. The Jets game was pretty much over by the fourth quarter. But then again, a loss is a loss. Let's see how the Jets do vs. the Cards before you talk.
    Last edited by Rob0729; 09-17-2012 at 04:46 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us