Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The AFC East

The AFC East

The AFC East is 1-1. Check your gut. Let's play some freaking football.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackleem View Post
    The AFC East is 1-1. Check your gut. Let's play some freaking football.
    Miami off a win, won't be as desperate next week (which is always dangerous). Plus Tannehill is no Big Ben. Unless we shoot ourselves in the foot, then I'm confident we'll rebound next week.

Did you know we're 1st in the division? And oddly enough, NE is last. Kinda funny.

Veteran
    And the Pats travel to Baltimore for a night game. Jets could definitely be in 1st next week.

The Arizona loss, and the Hernandez loss suddenly make the AFC East a lot more interesting.

sorry guys, season ended today. probably should start looking forward to spring training right about now.

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    And the Pats travel to Baltimore for a night game. Jets could definitely be in 1st next week.

The Arizona loss, and the Hernandez loss suddenly make the AFC East a lot more interesting.
    Yup, very possible scenario after next week.

We already ARE in first, lol.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    We already ARE in first, lol.
    You're right of course. But it feels more like a technicality ATM. I'd like to see a glimpse of daylight between us and the Pats and have two division wins under our belt.

I don't know what the deal is with Pats but great teams don't lose their home opener to Kevin Klod. There is definitley blood in the water.

Pats looked mortal, which is good for everyone. Miami proved it is tough at home in September, which is usually the case. Bills showed some life. Pats may drop to 1-2 after the Ravens next week, but we aren't getting through our next few games unscathed either, so I wouldn't get too concerned about what place we're in (for now). Just beat Miami. A loss there would really change the way we're looking at this season. Can't let that happen.

You're right of course. But it feels more like a technicality ATM. I'd like to see a glimpse of daylight between us and the Pats and have two division wins under our belt.

I don't know what the deal is with Pats but great teams don't lose their home opener to Kevin Klod. There is definitley blood in the water.
    Yea, I know what you mean. I think once we get past the niners and texans, the light at the end of the tunnel will appear.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

No, we suck, lets go into the fetal position and cry Some of this fanbase is just ****ing sad

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Can't let that happen.

100%

The Jets have EVERY possible motivation for this next game. I really don't think the PIT game tells us much about the Jets we don't know. How they handle the next game will speak a lot louder IMO.

100%

The Jets have EVERY possible motivation for this next game. I really don't think the PIT game tells us much about the Jets we don't know. How they handle the next game will speak a lot louder IMO.
    Rex should have plenty of motivation too, he hasn't exactly done a great job when we've visited Miami. On paper, the Phins have the type of O that we should shut down and force turnovers from. But they've handled Rex's D with a mediocre QB in the past (Henne). Jets need to prep for this game like they would prepare to play a really good team. Just can't afford to take this team lightly, especially considering who we play the following 2 weeks.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    No, we suck, lets go into the fetal position and cry Some of this fanbase is just ****ing sad
    Yes this 100%

Patriots are having issues on offense, particularly their pass blocking and the status of their three best receivers (Welker, Gronk and Hernandez). Welker appears to be hurt and/or is being phased out of the offense. He had a grotesque and untimely drop for the third consecutive week (dating back to the SB).

Gronk looks like he has lost half a step and I suspect he is not fully recovered from his offseason surgery. Hernandez is obviously out indefinitely.

Kevin Kolb had almost nothing to do with the Cardinals win, so it's not really fair to say that the Patriots "lost" to Kolb. The win was all about the Cardinals D and ST, both of which looked awesome. It wouldn't surprise me at all if they were 7-0 going into MNF against the 49ers.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Rex should have plenty of motivation too, he hasn't exactly done a great job when we've visited Miami. On paper, the Phins have the type of O that we should shut down and force turnovers from. But they've handled Rex's D with a mediocre QB in the past (Henne). Jets need to prep for this game like they would prepare to play a really good team. Just can't afford to take this team lightly, especially considering who we play the following 2 weeks.
    Road division games are always scary, no matter how bad the team. Only weapon Miami has on offense is Bush. Rookie QB and WRs who are worse than ours...should be a favorable matchup there. The part that could be concerning is that the Jets haven't run the ball well as of yet and Miami has shown a solid run D so far.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    sorry guys, season ended today. probably should start looking forward to spring training right about now.
    Winnar! +1

All League
    Some people need to chill. We're 2 games into the season and it wasn't like we got shut out and lost a ton of people to injury

Quote Originally Posted by FreshBaked 24 7 View Post
    Some people need to chill. We're 2 games into the season and it wasn't like we got shut out and lost a ton of people to injury
    Well, except maybe for Greene, even if he did come back and oh yeah, high probability that Mark is somewhat concused though he will try and hide it.

AFCE is a two team race between Jets and Pats. One thing to lose to Steelers in Pittsburgh another thing to lose at home to Kevin Kolb. Pats got exposed today.