Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The AFC East

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    And if the Ravens take care of them at home, they may have the same record as some of the worst teams in the league. Just saying....
    If I'm not mistaken, the NFL plays a 16-game regular season, not a 3-game regular season.

Just saying.....

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, the NFL plays a 16-game regular season, not a 3-game regular season.

Just saying.....
    They do. But for a guy who has talked a neverending amount of trash on this board about the Jets backed by his belief that his team will never fail him, I'm sure a 1-2 start is not what you had envisioned. Good luck Sunday night.

Veteran

The Pats are still hemlines and heels above any team in the AFCE.
    fixed

All League
    Not having Revis on the field completely changed our gameplan on defense and just kind of screwed us over. He'll be back for the game this Sunday and I think we are going to really shut Tannehill down. The run defense is a different story though. If we can't stop Bush, it's going to be tough. Still think we pull this one out though and force Tannehill into some mistakes.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BLEEDgreenN'white View Post
    The run defense is a different story though. If we can't stop Bush, it's going to be tough.
    I know the Steelers have no Spiller/Bush type - but the fact that the Jets were able to blow up some of their screen plays makes me hopeful that the Jets have a better idea of how to contain runners outside the tackles. We're still way too slow - but some of the D-line and McIntyre made some plays.

Exactly how have the Pats "come back to the pack"?

The defense is is a substantial improvement over last year and the offense is still top 5 in the NFL.

The Pats are still head and heels above any team in the AFCE.
    Didn't mean the AFC east, just the AFC overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob0729 View Post
    Dude! I agree that Kevin Kolb is far worse than Kevin Kolb who started for them last year.

Seriously Dude, you do realize that Kevin Kolb who played for yesterday is the same Kevin Kolb who started for them for half the season last year and Fitzgerald was never held to less than three catches and 60 something yards.

It is bad enough to be talking to people who obviously can't grasp that fact, but is another for them to insult you for the fact they can't understand the argument.

Oh, and the Jets sucked far, far worse. The Pats at least made it a game and could have or possibly should have won in the end. The Jets were taken to the woodshed against a team with no offensive line and their two best defensive players inactive. The Jets game was pretty much over by the fourth quarter. But then again, a loss is a loss. Let's see how the Jets do vs. the Cards before you talk.
    The Pats lost to Kevin (not picked as the starter) Kolb in their home opener.
    Nothing else matters.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    The Pats lost to Kevin (not picked as the starter) Kolb in their home opener.
    Nothing else matters.
    And he was totally irrelevant in the game.

And even then, Sanchez made Kolb look like Brady in his prime yesterday against an aged, depleted Steelers defense. And that is all that maters.