Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else watch the 49'er game tonight and think to themselves....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Lmao.

Or complete a pass after the opening drive.

Also, sure, Redman should have been ruled down at the 31, 32 as opposed to the what? 24? And what about the BS call we get on Holmes when Clark made a clearly clean hit to jar the ball loose and Ike Taylor never even touched him? Each team got horrible calls to go in their favor. The refs were not handing Pittsburgh the game, we just couldn't adjust to their adjustments after our opening drive.
    13-10 at half. the steelers figured out that the jets wrs could be manhandled. the jets couldn't get to ben, tackle or get off the field.

2 years ago, the jets may have lost this game but the defense would have stopped them more often. to be fair, playing at pitt isn't easy. out of 15 games so far this week only 2 road teams have won and one of those teams was the texans at jax.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Texans look beastly ... Don't we host them in a couple weeks ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 124 View Post
    Lmao.

Or complete a pass after the opening drive.

Also, sure, Redman should have been ruled down at the 31, 32 as opposed to the what? 24? And what about the BS call we get on Holmes when Clark made a clearly clean hit to jar the ball loose and Ike Taylor never even touched him? Each team got horrible calls to go in their favor. The refs were not handing Pittsburgh the game, we just couldn't adjust to their adjustments after our opening drive.
    DB's mauled our WR's all game, they knew refs weren't calling it, they took advantage. NBC did the coverage on it last night, same thing happened in the Raven game against the Eagles, it completely messed up the timing of the offense.

Dropped passes were a part of it, but db's took our WR's out of the game with illegal aggression all game long.

Watch Hill's post game, you could tell he was pissed, and was programmed how to respond to questions, he's a rook though, he too has to learn.

There were bad calls both ways, but the refs took the game in their own hands with the pathetic final Pitt TD, drive should have been over much earlier and a punt.

Sanchez also missed some throws, he shouldn't go unscathed, but I just don't see this game being on him.

Really, the other thread had it right, two huge plays changed momentum of game, Kerley muffe punt, and Cro's whiff on the Wallace TD, hold Pitt there, it's probably a different outcome.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-17-2012 at 08:42 AM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    DB's mauled our WR's all game, they knew refs weren't calling it, they took advantage. NBC did the coverage on it last night, same thing happened in the Raven game against the Eagles, it complete messed up the timing of the offense.

Dropped passes were a part of it, but db's took our WR's out of the game with illegal aggression all game long.

Watch Hill's post game, you could tell he was pissed, and was programmed how to respond to questions, he's a rook though, he too has to learn.

There were bad calls both ways, but the refs took the game in their own hands with the pathetic final Pitt TD, drive should have been over much earlier and a punt.
    Ray ... See M Williams comments from last week. Bad calls are never an excuse. Ever.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Speed of SF linebackers is huge difference. Our geriatric LBs are just slow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Ray ... See M Williams comments from last week. Bad calls are never an excuse. Ever.
    Coming from a player yes, but not a fan.

And I'm not referring to bad calls, I'm talking about no calls, the type of activity that the refs allowed in the game that shouldn't have been allowed, this impacted the Ravens in their game with the Eagles in the same way.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Speed of SF linebackers is huge difference. Our geriatric LBs are just slow.
    This is an overstatement

Thomas who didn't play, and Scott are our two slower LB's. Harris is ok.

Davis was on the field more yesterday, I expect to see more of him as we progress into the season, same with Mauga.

I also expect to see Sapp on the field soon as well, coaches will pick up on the liabilities, we have the players, some of it is being out of position.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Coming from a player yes, but not a fan.

And I'm not referring to bad calls, I'm talking about no calls, the type of activity that the refs allowed in the game that shouldn't have been allowed, this impacted the Ravens in their game with the Eagles in the same way.
    Ray, you hold the fans to the same standards as the GM and coaches with some of your critiques of poster's comments. With regards to yesterday, as fans, we should not complain. If anything, I thought we got the better whistle yesterday.

The officials allowing some more physical play in the secondary dates back to last post season. The shift was starting then with the "real refs". Of course, the replacements are not going to see all the things that the more experienced ones did. Some bad calls or no calls in yesterday's games, I agree. But that is par for the course. All in all I think they have held up well.

Not to mention, I think everyone agrees that allowing a little more contact in the secondary is a good thing. Things were starting to get out of control. The key is consistency. Players want to know "what is" and "what isn't" a penalty. They will test the waters as the Steelers did. And to the credit of the officials they called some penalties on the Steelers.

IMO refs played little to no part in the game. Our entire team was out of sync. When the offense was good, the defense was bad and vice versa. WRs dropped some balls, Sanchez made some poor throws. We didn't tackle. STs turnover killed us. Big Ben was vintage Big Ben.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, you hold the fans to the same standards as the GM and coaches with some of your critiques of poster's comments. With regards to yesterday, as fans, we should not complain. If anything, I thought we got the better whistle yesterday.

The officials allowing some more physical play in the secondary dates back to last post season. The shift was starting then with the "real refs". Of course, the replacements are not going to see all the things that the more experienced ones did. Some bad calls or no calls in yesterday's games, I agree. But that is par for the course. All in all I think they have held up well.

Not to mention, I think everyone agrees that allowing a little more contact in the secondary is a good thing. Things were starting to get out of control. The key is consistency. Players want to know "what is" and "what isn't" a penalty. They will test the waters as the Steelers did. And to the credit of the officials they called some penalties on the Steelers.

IMO refs played little to no part in the game. Our entire team was out of sync. When the offense was good, the defense was bad and vice versa. WRs dropped some balls, Sanchez made some poor throws. We didn't tackle. STs turnover killed us. Big Ben was vintage Big Ben.
    overall, road teams won only 2 of 15 games this week. buffalo looked awful last week and stellar this week.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Refs or no refs, bottom line the defense gave up way too many 3rd down conversions yesterday. If this defense is going to be "elite" like the whole Jet organization has been saying, then they need to get off the field better than they did.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Refs or no refs, bottom line the defense gave up way too many 3rd down conversions yesterday. If this defense is going to be "elite" like the whole Jet organization has been saying, then they need to get off the field better than they did.
    you can't blame the offense for that. yet somehow every jet loss will get blamed on the offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    "how nice it would be if guys on our defense could learn to tackle like that?"

Seriously. I can't count how many solo tackles the Niners made. Dline, LBs, CBs, Safeties, it didn't matter. With a few exceptions, they hit the guys, wrapped them up and brought them down.

Seriously, watching us play the Steelers, I've seen better tackling in high school flag football games.
    This would mean Rex and company would have to actually coach. Yeah right!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The things that frustrate me the most are:

How consistently the Defense gets burned in 3rd and long, often on a blitz.

How often we run the ball up the gut on 2nd and long. You would think with some of the talented men up front on offense, we would spread them wide and run. Does Rex throttle back the offensive game plan.

Both have become so predictable, and we get burned.

The Conditioning of this club is very suspect. We are a step slow on far too many plays.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No.

I'd really rather Holmes play like Michael Crabtree, Keller play like Vernon Davis and Greene play like Frank Gore.

THAT'S what made me envious last night.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Niners are the team the Jets wish they could be. Great running game, efficient passing game, stout front 7, and solid enough secondary. Only our D is set up backwards, our strength is the secondary and our front 7 leaves a bit to be desired. And we can't run the ball. Gore and Hunter are better than any RB we have, not to mention the SF o-line does a better job run blocking and creating holes. Also, dating back to last season, Smith has less than 10 total turnovers. Sanchez has been careful with the ball so far this season, but he's way more turnover prone than Smith.

We will probably see this up close in person in a few weeks. Although the team cannot afford to look ahead, even with the seemingly beatable Dolphins on tap

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JStokes View Post
    No.

I'd really rather Holmes play like Michael Crabtree, Keller play like Vernon Davis and Greene play like Frank Gore.

THAT'S what made me envious last night.

_
    Keller and Greene don't have the physical talent to play as well as Davis and Gore unfortunately. Holmes in theory could be better than Crabtree, but his hands are way worse as we've come to find out

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Niners are what the Jets wish they were. I didn't wonder about the tackling. I looked at their running game.

Great play design, great play calling, great run blocking and excellent running backs. All things that the Jets are medium to weak in though they think of themselves as a running team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    . Holmes in theory could be better than Crabtree, but his hands are way worse as we've come to find out
    Holmes doesn't catch the ball with his hands.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Niners really built themselves in the trenches. Screw drafting and signing the skill positions. Rule the trenches...win the games. It even lets a guy like Smith have time to grow. Yes, I am well aware they took Smith and Davis (who I wanted) high. But look at they got them help.

We have signed hype after hype with questionable character to sell PSL's.

Winning sells tickets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    The Niners are what the Jets wish they were. I didn't wonder about the tackling. I looked at their running game.

Great play design, great play calling, great run blocking and excellent running backs. All things that the Jets are medium to weak in though they think of themselves as a running team.
    You really have to wonder if the Jets will still think of themselves as a running team after the next 3 games. Miami is actually pretty stout against the run and we know what the Texans and Niners front 7s are capable of. 3 potential straight weeks of futility and you wonder what Rex will say about ground and pound afterwards if that is the case. I bet we see a lot more Tebow runs in the upcoming weeks than we did yesterday. Greene is not getting it done. Look at the league leaders in rushing yards, Greene is in the top 20, but his pitiful 3.1 YPC is by far the worst.