Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Jets vs Miami- 9/23/12 Discussion Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Whoa. Reggie Bush beat up on a bad team. What world-beaters.
    Mc, Bush presents unique problems for our defense in areas where we are already weak.

Nobody is claiming he is going to run for 100 yard up the middle (well maybe TX was, lol). BUT he can get to the edge and is an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

I hope we dont have one of LBs covering him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Heres my suggestion Texas Loser....

The Jets lost on the road to a playoff caliber team

Your stinking cheating douches lost at home (while being booed by 70000 drunk fairweather chowderheads) to an also ran team playing with their BACKUP QB.

Youd be better off remaining in your hidey hole or at patsfags.com for a while

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Going to be a tough battle down there no matter what happens, this is an improved Dolphins team and an improved Dolphins offense. This will not be a walk in the park by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Mc, Bush presents unique problems for our defense in areas where we are already weak.

Nobody is claiming he is going to run for 100 yard up the middle (well maybe TX was, lol). BUT he can get to the edge and is an excellent receiver out of the backfield.

I hope we dont have one of LBs covering him.
    I'm not saying he can't. He's a great player. What I'm saying is that he's all that team has, so I doubt they do anything against us.

Also, I'm just plain sick of that idiot Tex. Why admitted trolls are allowed to stay, I have no clue.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I'm not saying he can't. He's a great player. What I'm saying is that he's all that team has, so I doubt they do anything against us.

Also, I'm just plain sick of that idiot Tex. Why admitted trolls are allowed to stay, I have no clue.
    Dont let TX get under your skin. He is harmless.

I hope you are right about Bush. He is their only threat. No excuse to let him him beat us. We should be able to stifle him and I expect to.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-17-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Oh MY GOD!
    Do not let this loss to a Steeler team that has won their last 10 home openers, with Refs that let the Steeler secondary pretty much hold & grab on everyplay (Rodney Harrisons words & pictures, not mine), even Hills arm was hit WAY before the ball arrived on that play in the endzone, a speared Sanchez, 5 Holmes drops, a Kerley fumble, vs maybe the toughest QB in the league, who unfortunately for us played a GREAT GAME repeatedly moving around to throw to what is maybe one of the best 3 wideout groups in the NFL (Wallace, Brown, Sanders).

MIAMI IS NOT THE STEELERS FOLKS! DO NOT PANIC!
    MIAMI HAS ZERO WIDEOUTS!
    MIAMI HAS A ROOKIE QB NOT BIG BEN (TANNEHILL WILL NOT ESCAPE THE JETS PASS RUSH!)
    MIAMI IS NOT GOOD! RAIDERS ARE HORRIBLE!
    NFL is all about matchups. Fins offense has ZERO chance for sustained success next Sunday. ZERO!
    We actually had to WORRY about the Steelers offense! they have play makers! They held the ball for 30 minutes vs Denver in the 1st week.
    Miami has a rookie QB & Bush!
    Jets will concentrate on Bush!
    OK?
    Chill out people

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Dont let TX get under your skin. He is harmless.

I hope you are right about Bush. He is their only threat. No excuse to let him him beat us. We be able to stifle him and I expect to.
    One thing about bush that's worrisome is his ability to explode past LBs, and considering how slow ours are it doesn't favor us.

That said, I expect a game similar to the Bills game. This Tannehill doesn't scare anyone, and they traded away their best WR (Bmarsh). I bet we see a return to week 1 form with Hill and Mark as well.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

1) The Jets lost on the road to a playoff caliber team

2) Your stinking cheating douches lost at home (while being booed by 70000 drunk fairweather chowderheads) to an also ran team playing with their BACKUP QB.
    1) The Jets haven't beat a quality team in over 2 years.

2) I can count on one hand the number of times the Pats lost to an inferior team over the last 10 years.

All Pro
    Miami has some life. The fanbase has some life. This is a dangerous game. Dolphin Defense is very good. We need to play our best to win this game.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post

2) I can count on one hand the number of times the Pats lost to an inferior team over the last 10 years.
    1) 1/16/11?

2) baloney. or, do you mean you can't count higher than 5?

All League

Talking

Not sure if you watched any of the Phins game yesterday, but they looked pretty decent.

If Jets fans think this game will be some kind of walk-in-the-park, you will be in for a huge awakening.
    "rude awakening."

yesterday, somebody in the game thread said "can't stop a cold."

What? Get your idioms right, guys. it's mind bottling.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    "rude awakening."

I could care less.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Miami has some life. The fanbase has some life. This is a dangerous game. Dolphin Defense is very good. We need to play our best to win this game.
    Don't fear the reaper

Miami does not have enough to win this game
    Jets don't turn over the ball they win....very simple

Banned
    "rude awakening."

Well played.

Banned
    1) 1/16/11?

20 months and 1 day ago?

Reggie Bush, like C.J. Spiller, is the type of RB this defense has problems with, not Issac Redman.

All League
    20 months and 1 day ago?
    I hate hyperbole.

All Pro
    Miami does not have enough to win this game
    Jets don't turn over the ball they win....very simple
    I am sure the Pats fans said the same thing about the cards yesterday.

Road division games are going to be a battle.

Veteran

Shouldn't you be consoling your brethren on the Pat's website?

There is no reason to look past any game on the schedule. People dismissing the Dolphins are nuts. The NFL is all about matchups, and these matchups are not necessarily in the Jets' favor. I'm sure Revis will shut down Brian Hartline, but who's going to tackle Bush in the open field? Who's going to cover Fasano? Who's going to move Soliai and Starks off the line?

This is pretty much the same Jets team that was struggling with MIA in the first game last year until Revis ripped off a 100-yard INT return, and pretty much the same team that lost in Week 17 (without Reggie Bush) on the road.

The only real differences are that the Jets have upgraded the safety position and Miami has a more dangerous QB. Why are the Jets a lock?