Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Official Jets vs Miami- 9/23/12 Discussion Thread

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    Oh i didnt realize this is the same year
    ...that game was ovet before it started

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Slicks post is pretty good here.....

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    2-4 against the Phins under Rex and neither win was pretty. I'd settle for 9-6 and the W against this team. For Mark's sake, I hope he plays well, because the national media is dying to drum up a QB controversy that doesn't exist.

History......is not with us.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    16, I think it will be a great game this week.

Phins defense is very under rated IMO.

If the Jets can contain the run, force Tanny to throw, they should be in good shape.

Obviously, Sanchez needs to bounce back from the fiasco in Pittsburgh.

Every single division game is brutal, especially on the road.

Jets should win this game on pure talent alone.
    Very good post from TX. This is very accurate.

My fear is Moore coming off the bench due to an injury. He made plays last year against The Jets. Bush was destroying The Jets last year until he got injured in that game. Thomas did not look to shabby against The Jets either.

Have to say The Dolphins backup is better than any running back on the Jets.

The Dolphin corners are banged up. Sanchez should be able to move the chains this week.

Hopefully Keller is back. Which would be a boost to the offense.

Sparano knowing the talent on The Dolphins team helps.

The Jets have a very good chance of going 2-1.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good point...the worst thing for the Jets would be either Ryan Leaf Tannehill getting nicked or Regis Philbin coming tp his senses and replacing him with Moore who is a real QB imo

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Not sure if you watched any of the Phins game yesterday, but they looked pretty decent.

If Jets fans think this game will be some kind of walk-in-the-park, you will be in for a huge awakening.
    Phins are well coached even though they don't have the players the Jets do. I expect a tight game--low scoring--maybe 13-10.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    god bless the ignoretilleon feature

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BrianCoz: Marv Albert and Rich Gannon will call Sunday's Jets-Dolphins game #nyj

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Oh MY GOD!
    Do not let this loss to a Steeler team that has won their last 10 home openers, with Refs that let the Steeler secondary pretty much hold & grab on everyplay (Rodney Harrisons words & pictures, not mine), even Hills arm was hit WAY before the ball arrived on that play in the endzone, a speared Sanchez, 5 Holmes drops, a Kerley fumble, vs maybe the toughest QB in the league, who unfortunately for us played a GREAT GAME repeatedly moving around to throw to what is maybe one of the best 3 wideout groups in the NFL (Wallace, Brown, Sanders).

MIAMI IS NOT THE STEELERS FOLKS! DO NOT PANIC!
    MIAMI HAS ZERO WIDEOUTS!
    MIAMI HAS A ROOKIE QB NOT BIG BEN (TANNEHILL WILL NOT ESCAPE THE JETS PASS RUSH!)
    MIAMI IS NOT GOOD! RAIDERS ARE HORRIBLE!
    NFL is all about matchups. Fins offense has ZERO chance for sustained success next Sunday. ZERO!
    We actually had to WORRY about the Steelers offense! they have play makers! They held the ball for 30 minutes vs Denver in the 1st week.
    Miami has a rookie QB & Bush!
    Jets will concentrate on Bush!
    OK?
    Chill out people
    The fins are number 2 in the NFL in rushing(Bush is a better version of Spiller). The fins run defense is I believe number 4 in NFL in rushing defense against the Jets who are 18th in the league in rushing offense. This means we are relying on Sanchez to win,who even after having a career start to the season ,has a % per. of 53.7%. They are going to South Florida where on Sunday the heat index will be 91,on a team that many of us a questioning the conditioning of the players.
    The phins do not have frontline wideouts,but have great depth at wide out,meaning their 3rd and 4th receivers are as good as their 1 and 2. Making it a match up nightmare for a team that loves to shut out your 1 number and make the rest of the receivers step up.
    I think the fins are weak in the secondary,but have a ton of guys with motors to get at the qb

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @BrianCoz: Marv Albert and Rich Gannon will call Sunday's Jets-Dolphins game #nyj
    In heels and stockings? Sorry, guess the guy deserves another chance but I can't get the picture out of my mind.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    @BenVolinPBP: Tannehill also said: "There’s a lot of buzz around the locker room. Everyone’s pretty pumped up, ‘It’s Jets Week. It’s Jets Week.’"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsNeedNewton View Post
    In heels and stockings? Sorry, guess the guy deserves another chance but I can't get the picture out of my mind.
    Dont forget the bitemarks.....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dolphins are an improving team, but Rex will come up with some blitz packages Tannenhill has never seen. He will take some big hits and throw a few picks that give us a short field. It might be close for awhile, be we will pull ahead in the 3rd quarter and never look back.

Jets 24
    Fins 10

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Dolphins are an improving team, but Rex will come up with some blitz packages Tannenhill has never seen. He will take some big hits and throw a few picks that give us a short field. It might be close for awhile, be we will pull ahead in the 3rd quarter and never look back.

Jets 24
    Fins 10
    i can see it being closer because of Miami' defense 16-10 Jets

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i can see it being closer because of Miami' defense 16-10 Jets
    I agree on miamis d, but I think we will come up with 2 turnovers deep in there territory which is going to lead to some easy points.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree on miamis d, but I think we will come up with 2 turnovers deep in there territory which is going to lead to some easy points.

I hope you are right!!!! Go Jets!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which is the only way, sans a screen pass, teams have scored touchdowns on Miami's defense this season.