Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Why don't the jets throw to the rbs?

  1. #1
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Why don't the jets throw to the rbs?

    powell and mcknight can both catch, you have hill and kerley who are very new. keller was out. greene gets hurt. the steelers are very physical with the wrs. why not throw to the rbs and change it up? sparano used brown, ricky and bush in miami in the passing game. why not here?

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    4,879
    Post Thanks / Like
    For whatever reason sanchez struggles a lot with short passes, but I agree we should be running screens.

    At the end of the day, the problem is that we need to be playing powell more. In the 2 carries he had, he showed so much more burst then greene, its ridiculous. I dont know how the staff didnt see that and keep powell in there. This is a change that absolutely has to be made asap...not saying bench greene, but powell needs to get 10 or so touches so we can see what he can do.

    Side note....i read that slauson was out and vlad played a ton yesterday, i didnt see that, is that correct?

  3. #3
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    82
    Post Thanks / Like
    I grew a 100 percent. Seems like every other team in the league uses their rbs in the pass game and it always seems like these plays go for at least 5-8 yards. Always seem to get positive yardage and it would def help in freeing your wr up.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,806
    Post Thanks / Like
    You mean why didn't we throw screen passes over top of a violently over pursuing aggressive defense like Pittsburgh ? ... Probably because that would have been ... I don't know ... Intelligent !

  5. #5
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    490
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    powell and mcknight can both catch, you have hill and kerley who are very new. keller was out. greene gets hurt. the steelers are very physical with the wrs. why not throw to the rbs and change it up? sparano used brown, ricky and bush in miami in the passing game. why not here?
    Yup. It would've probably also helped keep the defense a bit more honest and from continuously moving up the field to crush Mark, but Greene has stone hands and cement feet.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    well to start greene can't catch

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,517
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    well to start greene can't catch
    i mean powell and mcknight. read the post.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    powell and mcknight can both catch, you have hill and kerley who are very new. keller was out. greene gets hurt. the steelers are very physical with the wrs. why not throw to the rbs and change it up? sparano used brown, ricky and bush in miami in the passing game. why not here?
    He is way to inaccurate. We can't afford to keep giving D lineman pick six's. My money's on Sanchez really sucking the rest of the way. The receivers had a bunch of drops, but he also over thru a bunch too.
    Last edited by srobjets; 09-17-2012 at 09:22 AM.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously, because our RBs either suck or are at the JAG level.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, Long Island
    Posts
    10,302
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think we need to stop including McKnight in any discussion of our running backs. If he cannot get above 3rd place on this running back depth chart then he does not even rise to the level of JAG IMO. Decent kick returner but pretty much an established ZERO outside of that at this point.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    I think we need to stop including McKnight in any discussion of our running backs. If he cannot get above 3rd place on this running back depth chart then he does not even rise to the level of JAG IMO. Decent kick returner but pretty much an established ZERO outside of that at this point.
    Two years from now, we'll still be trying to figure out why a pick was wasted on this guy. JAG-minus.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,514
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    For whatever reason sanchez struggles a lot with short passes, but I agree we should be running screens.

    At the end of the day, the problem is that we need to be playing powell more. In the 2 carries he had, he showed so much more burst then greene, its ridiculous. I dont know how the staff didnt see that and keep powell in there. This is a change that absolutely has to be made asap...not saying bench greene, but powell needs to get 10 or so touches so we can see what he can do.

    Side note....i read that slauson was out and vlad played a ton yesterday, i didnt see that, is that correct?
    DING DING!
    Sanchez is terrible with his short throws, which is very disturbing considering this is his 4th year.
    He missed a couple yesterday that would have easily been 1st downs. You need to convert those, changes the whole game with 3 missed passes on 3rd down.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us