Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where are the leaders on this team?

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    SAR,

It is an odd year with a somewhat weak schedule after a very tough start. Although I do not think we will get to 12 wins it is possible if the defense is really all that and the offense plays like it did against the Bills. I really do not know what to think about this team. I think Sanchez is better than most people think if only we can keep him relatively well protected. However we could also quite easily be a six win team if the defense continues to let other teams have their way with us. My sense is that we will be closer to six than twelve but we need to wait and see.

None of that changes my firm opinion that Mike Tanenbaum is completely over matched and needs to go. I think that Woody will not fire the GM on his own and nor will he give Tanny a free crack at picking a 3rd HC. No owner is that stupid. Therefore I think that all three of them, Tanny, Rex and Mark are welded together and will likely go as a single house cleaning day after the end of NEXT season.

Some dopes of course will not be able to identify even a single blemish on this franchise until that housecleaning day and after that day those same fans will feel free to blame the former administration for creating such a mess.

Stepford fans.
    I said earlier in this thread, Tannenbaum, like any other GM in the league, have plenty of blemishes...

You must have missed that one with your head so stuck up so far up your own ass.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Damn, I thought I owned RamRod and his ridiculous viewpoints.

31 just took ownership to another level.
    This is not exactly helpful TX.

I have nothing against optimists. I have even been known to be a glass is half full guy myself from time to time. I really have no problem with Ray or sg3 having the views that they have. It is a little odd for grown men to always be so sanguine about our prospects but to each their own. My problem comes when they try to TELL everyone else what to think and how to behave.

Arrogant I will cop to. Clueless not so much.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    I said earlier in this thread, Tannenbaum, like any other GM in the league, have plenty of blemishes...

You must have missed that one with your head so stuck up so far up your own ass.
    Go ahead an enumerate a few of them. Let it out.

Banned
    This is not exactly helpful TX.

I have nothing against optimists. I have even been known to be a glass is half full guy myself from time to time. I really have no problem with Ray or sg3 having the views that they have. It is a little odd for grown men to always be so sanguine about our prospects but to each their own. My problem comes when they try to TELL everyone else what to think and how to behave.

Arrogant I will cop to. Clueless not so much.
    My apoligies 31, clueless is not one of your weak points.

I hope you take that as a compliment.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    My apoligies 31, clueless is not one of your weak points.

I hope you take that as a compliment.
    Er.... well yes but you understand that the burden of your "support" in this thread is somewhat like carrying a 12-pack of beer on a hike to the top of a mountain.

Banned
    Er.... well yes but you understand that the burden of your "support" in this thread is somewhat like carrying a 12-pack of beer on a hike to the top of a mountain.
    Yea, but the higher you go on the mountain, the colder the beer gets.

Point taken.

Go ahead an enumerate a few of them. Let it out.
    It doesn't work like that short bus, you want them, go get them, they are out there. There have been plenty of times the criticisms have been laid out on the board and I have agreed to them. But I don't answer to you, you aren't some kind of messiah, you don't get to snap your fingers and expect me to scurry and answer to your demands.

Just as you don't have a problem with optimists, I don't at all have a problem with fans that are upset and do want to criticize the team, a player, a coach, etc.

My responses are to those criticisms that make no sense, have no basis, and the general nature of the post is just an emotional backlash without any regard to relevance and logic.

Calling for the coach or the GM's job after the first loss of a season, after week 2 is damn ridiculous on enough levels we could have a separate forum to discuss them.

I have no regard to the emotional backlash of Monday morning armchair GM fans who have a sense of entitlement and rip the team evasive of logic and thought, and there are plenty on this board that partake.

It's funny how you see no problem lumping me in with a group of fans, then get upset when I respond in kind.

I'm not forcing you to read my posts.
    Last edited by Ray Ray19; 09-17-2012 at 08:56 PM.

The bottom line is that the gold standard for "leadership" on this team has been established as talking big and then not backing it up. Bart Scott and Rex Ryan are the leaders of this team. Ray and sg3 see no problem with this.

Greatest Jets defense of all time.

Oh and you can add to that lack of leadership the spineless coaching staff who decided to play it safe and run the clock out with 52 seconds and two timeouts before the half when getting the ball on the 31 yard line. If anything screamed out to this team that we are scared of the Steelers and we have no faith in this offense to move the ball 35 yards and kick a FG without turning it over then this gutless decision certainly announced that.
    Truth!

Not enough guts and wilting in the face of adversity. These guys get paid so much dough for that lousy show? McIntyre at least showed resolve and a non-stop motor. Holmes the pu$$y et al was neutered out there.

Hall Of Fame
    It doesn't work like that short bus, you want them, go get them, they are out there. There have been plenty of times the criticisms have been laid out on the board and I have agreed to them. But I don't answer to you, you aren't some kind of messiah, you don't get to snap your fingers and expect me to scurry and answer to your demands.

Just as you don't have a problem with optimists, I don't at all have a problem with fans that are upset and do want to criticize the team, a player, a coach, etc.

My responses are to those criticisms that make no sense, have no basis, and the general nature of the post is just an emotional backlash without any regard to relevance and logic.

Calling for the coach or the GM's job after the first loss of a season, after week 2 is damn ridiculous on enough levels we could have a separate forum to discuss them.

I have no regard to the emotional backlash of Monday morning armchair GM fans who have a sense of entitlement and rip the team evasive of logic and thought, and there plenty on this board that partake.

It's funny how you see no problem lumping me in with a group of fans, then get upset when I respond in kind.

I'm not forcing you to read my posts.
    I would take it as a personal favor if you would refrain from the use that term. It is actually pretty offensive on a number of levels.

You pretend this is simply a reaction to a week 2 loss as if these discussions about the composition and structure of the team had just popped up now and have not been going on almost year round for years. It is disingenuous on your part to pretend that yours is simply a justified reaction to an overreaction on this particular Monday and then to try and use that artifice as a tool to silence the opinions of others.

Nice try but no dice except that it wasn't really such a nice try.

I would take it as a personal favor if you would refrain from the use that term. It is actually pretty offensive on a number of levels.

You pretend this is simply a reaction to a week 2 loss as if these discussions about the composition and structure of the team had just popped up now and have not been going on almost year round for years. It is disingenuous on your part to pretend that yours is simply a justified reaction to an overreaction on this particular Monday and then to try and use that artifice as a tool to silence the opinions of others.

Nice try but no dice except that it wasn't really such a nice try.
    I'm not pretending ****, you decided to bring up my name in a thread during one of your rants unwarranted and unprovoked. Now you're here stomping your feet telling me to go get this and go get that.

**** YOU!

It's disingenuous for you to complain about something I do on a message board while lecturing me about how I shouldn't tell anybody else what to do on a message board.

GFY

I'm not pretending ****, you decided to bring up my name in a thread during one of your rants unwarranted and unprovoked. Now you're here stomping your feet telling me to go get this and go get that.

**** YOU!

It's disingenuous for you to complain about something I do on a message board while lecturing me about how I shouldn't tell anybody else what to do on a message board.

GFY
    He's got a point EM...

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

**** YOU!

GFY

SAR I

Veteran
    Hi,
    This team sucks. It blows. It has for quite a while. We have overpaid a bunch of losers to lose. All one needs to do is look around the NFL and compare the talent that the Jets have to what they have. Most of the time the Jets do not match up yet we spend a huge part of our salary cap on a bunch of rocks, sans Revis. When Woody tried to "buy" a Superbowl and it didn't work thanks to an inept head Coach, this team got itself in major trouble by overpaying for several of these professional backups that should have been shown the door, namely Holmes. Do you really think an organization like the Steelers is going to make a mistake like that?

Again, just watch the other teams. The truth is there and always has been - the Jets do not have the talent to be top tier. Flame me all you wish, the truth will continue to be exposed every week and this train is heading straight toward a complete dismantling of the front office and coaching staff.

This whole charade is just wasting time until we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    This is usually the moment that you run and hide until next May at which point you tell us that our Head Coach is Lombardi, our draft has solved all our woes, our roster is The Best In The Last 30 Years, we're destined to win the AFC East enroute to the Super Bowl, and anyone who disagrees with you is a troll.

Why don't you get a clue, do us a favor, and disappear now, save yourself the torture through Halloween. I wish I could tell you that the Jets are going to be good and we could all celebrate your prophesy together as one happy JI family, but it's not going to play that way and you don't like it when things get rough and people speak honestly so it's for the best.

SAR I
    After the way you cried and ran off after the bills game, you don't have the right to criticize others about running off. Crybaby hypocrite

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by cant wait View Post
    After the way you cried and ran off after the bills game, you don't have the right to criticize others about running off. Crybaby hypocrite
    The most viewed thread on the Landing Strip had me in the subject line and I went at it all night.

Stay off the sauce.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

SAR I
    We can do this all year, and all year you'll be wrong, and you won't provide the post where I ever made any predictions for the year.

But hey, you crave the attention, your insecure little life craves for it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Great thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    He's got a point EM...
    Perhaps so AGAW. In that case I withdraw my request that Ray not use the term "short bus". Ray is free of course to use whatever terminology that is consistent with his personal comfort levels and if "short bus" works for him then who am I to object after all? Perhaps it suits his style very well.

As to the rest of it I am afraid I have to call bullsh1t. Ray and a small group of posters have elected themselves to be some kind of private police force on these boards and the arbiters of what it is to be a "real" Jets fan and not a "real" Jets fan. To further this agenda they have chosen to consistently attack another group of posters simply because those posters do not share the same universally optimistic outlook. They use attack terminology like "Negative Nancy" or "Chicken Little" or "SOJF" or any one of a half a dozen other terms. Their posts very frequently call people "Clueless" or "Clueless Idiots" or "Retarded" or some other laundry list of variations on the same theme. It is so commonly interleaved within almost every post by Ray and his Ilk that it has almost become a background noise at this point. The use of this pejorative terminology is an attempt to silence all other opinions that do not align with their own and are a tool used to "other" the posters that they happen to be talking down to at the time.

This is what they do every day in almost every thread.

In a single thread I have given Ray a taste of his own medicine by simply echoing and using the terms back at him that he sprays around every thread in this place like a dog trying to p1ss on every tree. Rather predictably Ray is PO'ed. Well cry me a river Mr. big baby attack dog. It is true I really do not think that Ray is the sharpest tool in the shed and I think he likes to keep sg3 around solely for the purpose that he can feel comfortable that there is at least one other person dumber than he is when he walks into a room. At the the end of the day both of them are entitled to their opinions and I for one welcome the diversity of thought, if not the methods of delivery.

But no AGAW, there is a distinction between what they do and what I have done here in this thread. For them the personal attack on whole groups of their fellow posters is constant, every day and with the sole intent to silence dissenting opinions. They are saying "if you do not agree with me then shut up you retarded SOJF idiots and by the way why don't you leave since this is a fan site for real Jets fans". What I am saying is "Shut up and stop telling me what to think and what I am not allowed to say".

Not the same thing at all.

Now back to Ray and his short buses.

Perhaps so AGAW. In that case I withdraw my request that Ray not use the term "short bus". Ray is free of course to use whatever terminology that is consistent with his personal comfort levels and if "short bus" works for him then who am I to object after all? Perhaps it suits his style very well.

As to the rest of it I am afraid I have to call bullsh1t. Ray and a small group of posters have elected themselves to be some kind of private police force on these boards and the arbiters of what it is to be a "real" Jets fan and not a "real" Jets fan. To further this agenda they have chosen to consistently attack another group of posters simply because those posters do not share the same universally optimistic outlook. They use attack terminology like "Negative Nancy" or "Chicken Little" or "SOJF" or any one of a half a dozen other terms. Their posts very frequently call people "Clueless" or "Clueless Idiots" or "Retarded" or some other laundry list of variations on the same theme. It is so commonly interleaved within almost every post by Ray and his Ilk that it has almost become a background noise at this point. The use of this pejorative terminology is an attempt to silence all other opinions that do not align with their own and are a tool used to "other" the posters that they happen to be talking down to at the time.

In a single thread I have given Ray a taste of his own medicine by simply echoing and using the terms back at him that he sprays around every thread in this place like a dog trying to p1ss on every tree. Rather predictably Ray is PO'ed. Well cry me a river Mr. big baby attack dog. It is true I really do not think that Ray is the sharpest tool in the shed and I think he likes to keep sg3 around solely for the purpose that he can feel comfortable that there is at least one other person dumber than he is when he walks into a room. At the the end of the day both of them are entitled to their opinions and I for one welcome the diversity of thought, if not the methods of delivery.

But no AGAW, there is a distinction between what they do and what I have done here in this thread. For them the personal attack on whole groups of their fellow posters is constant, every day and with the sole intent to silence dissenting opinions. They are saying "if you do not agree with me then shut up you retarded SOJF idiots and by the way why don't you leave since this is a fan site for real Jets fans". What I am saying is "Shut up and stop telling me what to think and what I am not allowed to say".

+1.

Been a while, EM, but spot on.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

+1000

It shouldn't take the Jets sucking to shut them up and stop their harassment. It should have stopped in the summer when it was out of hand and they were asked repeatedly to cut it out.

SAR I