Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: How Bad IS Romney?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Your party sucks because its ideas suck. DUH
    Thanks, Zoidberg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUCywwNza3M

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Three thoughts:

Governor Romney is offering very few specifics. In general he is running on President Bush II’s platform of Cutting taxes, increasing the Pentagon budget and balancing the federal budget. To me (and the undecided voters?) this does not add up.

The Republican Party is sticking with supply side economics mantra. Problem with that is the tax cut is not justified. There is currently a huge supply of cash. The fortune 500 has more cash on hand than it has ever had. And cash poor Corporate Americans can borrow money hand over fist since interest rates are super low and have been for many months. Demand is what is needed and I guess no stimulus will come so we must wait for the 92% employed to become confident again and thus spend. Tax cuts for corporate America is the most bogus solution ever. Maybe the undecided voters see it this way?

The biggest reason for the polls being what they are is it appears that many ‘undecided voters’ believe that President Obama is not the source of our current economic mess and will therefore not vote for or against him because of that.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Weird, you don't sound like you were ever a Republican. What exactly is wrong with the tea party platform?

Do you have something against smaller government and fiscal restraint/responsibility?
    They've tied it to social conservative bull****.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    They've tied it to social conservative bull****.
    Ding Ding Ding, we have a winner. It's also a joke to consider yourself fiscally responsible and take tax hikes, at least short term, completely off the table with our current deficit.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    My party had a chance to elect a real conservative with ideas we could embrace.

Instead they rejected Dr Paul and even passed new rules to kick him out permanently and gave us flip flopping tax evading individual mandate inventing no ideas but more wars and invasions Willard

If my write in vote for Ron helps reelect Obama so be it....maybe another big loss in November is whats needed to wake up the GOP

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dr. Paul had no chance to win! That is why he isn't there!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    My party had a chance to elect a real conservative with ideas we could embrace.

Instead they rejected Dr Paul and even passed new rules to kick him out permanently and gave us flip flopping tax evading individual mandate inventing no ideas but more wars and invasions Willard

If my write in vote for Ron helps reelect Obama so be it....maybe another big loss in November is whats needed to wake up the GOP

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    I cant believe I agree with sg3, almost entirely. Perhaps I am on ignore and he wont realize I agree with him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    Pretty much. I hope the Republican party can kick the rednecks and tea party to the curb after they lose so I can go back to voting Republican. I've been adrift without a party for about 10 years now. It sucks.
    So in other words, you're a corrupt party hack who fears losing all the under the table deals you've benefited from? In that case, GFY.