Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic Stat Analysis of Sanchez Throws after hit

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNNJ View Post
    Heart of the problem. Two words.
    Bell Ringing.

He can't take it. I don't know that I could. Helmet to neck is not exactly 'legal', in the football sense. Or the legal system sense.
    They should have dragged that dick away in handcuffs. F*cking Pittsburgh. They've been doing it for years. And who stepped up and made Timmons pay? No one. That's what's wrong with this team.
    we're playing in a weak division so we may have a chance at the playoffs, but don't fool yourself, if NE was just a little stronger, we'd be second as usual.
    This. Rex talked a big game saying 'we're going to go after you twice as hard', well they sure didn't show a sign of it yesterday. They never hit back.

Rookie
    Our #1 WR who signed a 5 year 45 million dollar deal has 4 drops and hasn't had a 100 yard receiving game in 27 straight games. He is a malcontent sand appears to play with no interest. I hate cliches like that when critiquing players but have to throw it out there in his case. 3 converts on 11 targets.. not good for your best WR.

This guy has had tons of drops, drive killing penalties and lost a game for us in Phila like nothing I have ever seen from a non-QB player. Being on the other end of those game winning catches in 2010 might have been the worst thing to happen to this franchise because it got him that deal. Masked his poor play in a season which included more drops then Braylon who was the receiver with a rep for drops.

Offense as a whole was off, including Sanchez but does anyone realize how good a real #1 WR can make a QB look on off days like that? Our #1 needs everything perfect and even then seems more interested in looking for a call than making plays.

Gotta give credit to Pitt's D, they were very physical in press coverage at the LOS getting our guys off their timing and routes. I read somewhere there were a lot of "no-calls" on contact past the 5 yard line. Again give them credit for using the replacement refs to their advantage. We played a lot of zone with Revis out and his bump and run press coverage is what makes him a star

Where were the screens yesterday? Pitt was playing tight man for much of the game and was coming after Sanchez with some regularity - if that doesn't scream for a screen I don't know what does. Get McKnight or Powell in the open field and see if they can't beat a guy or two for a big gainer.

Also might have helped Sanchez settle down after the hit. He definitely got out of rhythm after that and probably needed some completions (not just a hot read to Cumberland or Reuland) to get back on track.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Where were the screens yesterday? Pitt was playing tight man for much of the game and was coming after Sanchez with some regularity - if that doesn't scream for a screen I don't know what does. Get McKnight or Powell in the open field and see if they can't beat a guy or two for a big gainer.

Also might have helped Sanchez settle down after the hit. He definitely got out of rhythm after that and probably needed some completions (not just a hot read to Cumberland or Reuland) to get back on track.
    Those hot reads were great plays. I have been waiting for those for 4 yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    I agree, it's just too bad those were the only completions for about a 2-quarter stretch. Steelers were taking away the outside guys, would haved loved to see them try some screens or circle routes with the backs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nothing new here. Inconsistencies throughout the offense. When Sanchez is going good, the WRs drop the balls. When the WRs are open, he is missing them. We were out of sync yesterday.

And teams know that Sanchez is a different QB once he gets hit. Which is why I think some guys are willing to take a shot even if it means getting a penalty. In fairness, very very few QBs handle pressure well, but there wasn't much pressure yesterday. I thought the OL held up well.
    I agree with every word you wrote! nice post!

Jets Insider VIP
    Hate to bring up old matters but what is your opinion of Cutler these days? I still think he is overrated and a prima donna!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    This. Rex talked a big game saying 'we're going to go after you twice as hard', well they sure didn't show a sign of it yesterday. They never hit back.
    AGREED! plus he also bragged that he was the best defensive mind going and that this was the best team he has coached yet! ERR! Why did we lose to an inferior team missing their RB, star safety& linebacker and God knows who else! Rex allowed our guys to be out-hit and out-hustled, the lack of confidence in Sanchez at the end of the half was sickening!

Jets Insider VIP
    Im wondering if Sanchez could be ruled out of Sunday's game. I just found this tidbit on cbs:

Ryan awaits update status on Sanchez
    Mark Sanchez, QB, NYJ
    News: The Star-Ledger reports Jets coach Rex Ryan offered no update Monday about the status of quarterback Mark Sanchez. Ryan said Sanchez suffered a hit to the head Week 2 against the Steelers, but he hadn't checked with trainers yet Monday. Ryan did say that Sanchez "was engaged on the sidelines."

Why would an update be necessary? He played 3 quarters after that hit.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    You could argue just as easily that Hill's drop or the fact that Cumberland failed to recognize the blitz were just as bad as Sanchez missing Holmes.
    You could argue it any way that you want. The fact remains that Sanchez gets paid to win! He gets paid to help elevate the play of those around him on his team! He gets paid to make accurate passes. He threw 9 wild passes yesterday!! Blame Cumberland or hill. They too get paid to perform and they didn't but their star QB did not help them much either!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Hate to bring up old matters but what is your opinion of Cutler these days? I still think he is overrated and a prima donna!
    I would trade Sanchez for Cutler in a NY second and twice on Sunday. Cutler has Guts, and takes chances because he's secure with who he is. Sanchez on the other hand is still being "baby sat" after 4 yrs in the NFL.

To tell u the truth, I would love to see a swap of Mark Sanchez and Josh Freeman. Not because Freeman is any better, but because i think both Players need a change of Venue. Atleast before we're forced to go looking for a new QB.

Cutler : Man crush

Sanchez : Divorced

Freeman : Stalker

Someone told me in situations like this, you need to add "No Homo".

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveInNNJ View Post

But the good news...and I can't believe how excited I am...is that our Tim Tebow ploy worked perfectly! Just when we really needed him he came in and ran for ... 6 yards ...!!!!!
    Tebow: 1 carry for 22 yards

Greene: 11 carries for 23 yards

Veteran
    I would trade Sanchez for Cutler in a NY second and twice on Sunday. Cutler has Guts, and takes chances because he's secure with who he is. Sanchez on the other hand is still being "baby sat" after 4 yrs in the NFL.
    LOL

Cutler would've been airlifted to UPMC after the Timmons hit.

And only a punk throws teammates under the bus when he stinks up the field with unforced INTs.

Can't see him surviving in NY, plus he sucks as a QB.