Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Basic Stat Analysis of Sanchez Throws after hit

  1. #1

    Basic Stat Analysis of Sanchez Throws after hit

    I count a total of 6 Drops (4 by Holmes) and 9 bad throws (Under/Overthrows)

    Sanchez played a poor game, but the WR, especially Holmes did not help.
    Passes To:

    Holmes - 11 Passes
    - 4 Drops (2 bailed out on by questionable PI calls)
    - 1x Holmes doubled Covered, hit Holmes in hand, but DB was right there
    - 2 Bad Throws/Miscommunications (unclear what happened as passes weren't clearly meant for different spots)
    - 2 Overthrows (TD Miss and PI Call)
    - 1 Underthrow (Late in Game)
    - 1 WR Screen (Late in Game)

    Cumberland - 4 Passes
    - 1 Bad Throw
    - 2 Completions (1 over the middle, 1 screen)
    - 1 TE didn't read (3rd and 5 2nd drive)

    Kerley - 3 Passes

    - 1 Dropped
    - 1 Overthrown
    - 1 Completion (over the middle)

    Rouland - 3 Passes

    - 2 Completions
    - 1 Overthrown

    Hill - 2 Passes
    - 1 Drop
    - 1 Overthrown

  2. #2
    The overthrow to Holmes on the 2nd drive that would have been a TD was a killer. Jets had a chance to really seize momentum and put a scare into the Steelers. The play design was great with the ball fake and rollout. That's a throw Mark has to make, plain and simple. His accuracy seemed to have made strides in week 1, yesterday the old issues cropped up.

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,829
    Nothing new here. Inconsistencies throughout the offense. When Sanchez is going good, the WRs drop the balls. When the WRs are open, he is missing them. We were out of sync yesterday.

    And teams know that Sanchez is a different QB once he gets hit. Which is why I think some guys are willing to take a shot even if it means getting a penalty. In fairness, very very few QBs handle pressure well, but there wasn't much pressure yesterday. I thought the OL held up well.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    7 Bad passes by Sanchez (including the over thrown TD) and 6 drops on the wideouts

    The offense was awful

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The overthrow to Holmes on the 2nd drive that would have been a TD was a killer. Jets had a chance to really seize momentum and put a scare into the Steelers. The play design was great with the ball fake and rollout. That's a throw Mark has to make, plain and simple. His accuracy seemed to have made strides in week 1, yesterday the old issues cropped up.
    You could argue just as easily that Hill's drop or the fact that Cumberland failed to recognize the blitz were just as bad as Sanchez missing Holmes.

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Nothing new here. Inconsistencies throughout the offense. When Sanchez is going good, the WRs drop the balls. When the WRs are open, he is missing them. We were out of sync yesterday.

    And teams know that Sanchez is a different QB once he gets hit. Which is why I think some guys are willing to take a shot even if it means getting a penalty. In fairness, very very few QBs handle pressure well, but there wasn't much pressure yesterday. I thought the OL held up well.
    Pretty much this

  7. #7
    was buffalos secondary that bad? the wrs yesterday looked awful in every aspect of the game.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The overthrow to Holmes on the 2nd drive that would have been a TD was a killer. Jets had a chance to really seize momentum and put a scare into the Steelers. The play design was great with the ball fake and rollout. That's a throw Mark has to make, plain and simple. His accuracy seemed to have made strides in week 1, yesterday the old issues cropped up.
    That was a huge miss if the Jets score a TD there this might have been a different game.

    You have to make plays when the opportunity arises. This is something the jets have not been able to do over the last 2 seasons on a consistent basis.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

    And teams know that Sanchez is a different QB once he gets hit.
    That also applies to every QB in the NFL.

  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,310

    I must ask this question

    What constitutes open on the NFL Level ?

    I know that on the college level WRs are often so wide open that average QBs look great but in the pros, you're facing the best of the best and thus making the windows so much smaller.


    So again,what constitutes open on the NFL level ?

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Midland Park, NJ
    Posts
    3,703
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That also applies to every QB in the NFL.
    Yes true but how many hits?

    Rattle Brady a couple times and he starts making poor decisions

    Peyton wasn't Peyton in Indie when he even felt pressure but it took awhile

    The concern is Sanchez getting dazed after one good lick. It's never good

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    The overthrow to Holmes on the 2nd drive that would have been a TD was a killer. Jets had a chance to really seize momentum and put a scare into the Steelers. The play design was great with the ball fake and rollout. That's a throw Mark has to make, plain and simple. His accuracy seemed to have made strides in week 1, yesterday the old issues cropped up.
    Heart of the problem. Two words.
    Bell Ringing.

    He can't take it. I don't know that I could. Helmet to neck is not exactly 'legal', in the football sense. Or the legal system sense.
    They should have dragged that dick away in handcuffs. F*cking Pittsburgh. They've been doing it for years. And who stepped up and made Timmons pay? No one. That's what's wrong with this team.
    we're playing in a weak division so we may have a chance at the playoffs, but don't fool yourself, if NE was just a little stronger, we'd be second as usual.

    But the good news...and I can't believe how excited I am...is that our Tim Tebow ploy worked perfectly! Just when we really needed him he came in and ran for ... 6 yards ...!!!!!

    Maybe Rex went after him solely so that when we play Denver again there's no chance he'll embarrass our defense the way he did.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,829
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That also applies to every QB in the NFL.
    Did you read the next couple of sentences.

    I threw that caveat in there. I don't want to ruffle the fanboys.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinstar View Post
    What constitutes open on the NFL Level ?

    I know that on the college level WRs are often so wide open that average QBs look great but in the pros, you're facing the best of the best and thus making the windows so much smaller.


    So again,what constitutes open on the NFL level ?
    I think it's in the eyes of whoever's watching the game.

    I have to watch again, but on the Holmes end zone miss, Holmes was covered outside, but without safety help inside, Holmes had all the room in the world inside, which is where the pass from Sanchez should have gone

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    You could argue just as easily that Hill's drop or the fact that Cumberland failed to recognize the blitz were just as bad as Sanchez missing Holmes.
    Cumberland is for all intents and purposes a scrub though. He is going to make mistakes. We need Keller back in there. Hill is a rookie still finding his way. You don't expect your 4th year franchise QB to miss the easy ones. Let's hope it was just a bad week for Mark.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    You could argue just as easily that Hill's drop or the fact that Cumberland failed to recognize the blitz were just as bad as Sanchez missing Holmes.
    The Hill drop you're talking about is on the deep throw, right? The reason he dropped it was because the DB knocked away his right arm just *before* the ball arrived... Seems like a tough catch given the pass interference...

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Cumberland is for all intents and purposes a scrub though. He is going to make mistakes.
    That should have been a very easy 1st down if Cumberland realized he was the hot receiver.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    You could argue just as easily that Hill's drop or the fact that Cumberland failed to recognize the blitz were just as bad as Sanchez missing Holmes.
    Hill's drop wasn't nearly as bad as it looked at first. watching the replay the defender pulled down his arm before the ball got there. It was actually a pretty bad no call.

    That's a tough catch to make when someone pulls your hand down.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    That was a huge miss if the Jets score a TD there this might have been a different game.

    You have to make plays when the opportunity arises. This is something the jets have not been able to do over the last 2 seasons on a consistent basis.
    I agree, that was the play of the game. Sanchez makes that throw my guess is the Jets' win the game.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Delaware
    Posts
    6,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    I think it's in the eyes of whoever's watching the game.

    I have to watch again, but on the Holmes end zone miss, Holmes was covered outside, but without safety help inside, Holmes had all the room in the world inside, which is where the pass from Sanchez should have gone
    OH i tend to agree, But our QB doesn't throw the ball unless he thinks he's got a pretty above average chance of a completion. You could say that it's because our receiving core is as young as it is. It could be that the confidence level ( trust) between both parties isn't there.It could be that our QB is under explicit orders to not turn the ball over or just plain doesn't have the confidence to make the type of throws that forces his receivers to make plays.


    All i know is something is wrong with this offense and it's not the fault of the coordinator.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us