Thread: My view on things after yesterday

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

My view on things after yesterday

OK. I didn’t plan on winning the game yesterday. I didn’t even pick the JETS in the pool.

But……………….after watching Holmes (apparently the only receiver that Sanchez has left) drop passes that hit him in the chest, act like a baby and cry for flags on every play.

As they say on ESPN. C’mon MAN!

Please don’t get me started on Tebow. Why exactly did we pick him up again?! Heaven help us if Mark goes down. Tebow is a joke and not a pro player by any means. He is a novelty and a side show at best. Because of him and Holmes, we have no continuity of receivers that Sanchez is used to, no depth on the O-line, no depth at receiver, etc.

The sad thing is that the fickle fan base, with exception of the minority few, will be calling for Tebow soon as if he will save the season. Give me a break. I am rapidly losing faith in this entire organization.

Most expensive tickets in the league?! For what? If my friend (who has never been to a game) wasn’t coming in October, I wouldn’t even go in the stadium. I think it would be more fun to hang out in the Winney and use the ticket money to bet on the decibel level of the ‘Tebow Cheer’ in each quarter. AT least the food and company will be good.

I have my own cheer from the good old days myself at Shea – ‘GO GO EVERYONE MUST GO’

Geese! See you in October.
    Last edited by JetFan - ATL; 09-17-2012 at 11:19 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are 1-1. Big deal. I had this one as a loss anyway.
    But lots of others are 1-1. Pats lose at home? Look poor. Jets have a chance here to win the AFCE. Absolutely. Not because they are great but the Pats may now be down for real. Jets are still a 10 win+ team. Let's all calm down and look at the schedule. SF is the only definite loss although obviously not the only loss.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    But lots of others are 1-1. Pats lose at home? Look poor. Jets have a chance here to win the AFCE. Absolutely. Not because they are great but the Pats may now be down for real. Jets are still a 10 win+ team. Let's all calm down and look at the schedule. SF is the only definite loss although obviously not the only loss.
    Its HOW we lost. Gutless...

The JETS amp you up and then come out FLAT, absolutely FLAT.

If we are a 5 and 11 team.... I want to know now so I dont invest emotionally.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

This. Its not the loss, its the absolute beating at the hands of a dimished Steelers team.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets SF is not a definite loss. No game is.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

1) Jets have a chance here to win the AFCE.

2) but the Pats may now be down for real.

3) Jets are still a 10 win+ team.
    1) No they don't.

2) Keep telling yourself that.

3) Based on what?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFan - ATL View Post
    OK. I didn’t plan on winning the game yesterday. I didn’t even pick the JETS in the pool.

But……………….after watching Holmes (apparently the only receiver that Sanchez has left) drop passes that hit him in the chest, act like a baby and cry for flags on every play.

As they say on ESPN. C’mon MAN!

Please don’t get me started on Tebow. Why exactly did we pick him up again?! Heaven help us if Mark goes down. Tebow is a joke and not a pro player by any means. He is a novelty and a side show at best. Because of him and Holmes, we have no continuity of receivers that Sanchez is used to, no depth on the O-line, no depth at receiver, etc.

The sad thing is that the fickle fan base, with exception of the minority few, will be calling for Tebow soon as if he will save the season. Give me a break. I am rapidly losing faith in this entire organization.

Most expensive tickets in the league?! For what? If my friend (who has never been to a game) wasn’t coming in October, I wouldn’t even go in the stadium. I think it would be more fun to hang out in the Winney and use the ticket money to bet on the decibel level of the ‘Tebow Cheer’ in each quarter. AT least the food and company will be good.

I have my own cheer from the good old days myself at Shea – ‘GO GO EVERYONE MUST GO’

Geese! See you in October.
    It was all Tebow's fault. Did you see that silly fist pumping excitement he showed after his first down?? Just horrible. Trade Tebow for someone with a little less character who will fit in.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    biggest problem is the Jets have now given up 28 and 27 points in consecutive weeks.

The offense was never going to great and we always thought if they were at least top half of the league (which is possible - pittsburg makes a lot of average O's look bad)

The defense hasn't been good and they need to be dominant for the Jets to win.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I'm an opposing defensive coordinator, I tell my DBs to rough up the Jets WRs. and I have one of my LBs take a 15 yard roughing the passer call first chance he gets. Based on experience, the Jets offense wilt like a week-old daisy after that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    biggest problem is the Jets have now given up 28 and 27 points in consecutive weeks.

The offense was never going to great and we always thought if they were at least top half of the league (which is possible - pittsburg makes a lot of average O's look bad)

The defense hasn't been good and they need to be dominant for the Jets to win.
    Thats the MO of a REX defense.

Give up a ton of unanwered points...

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Every team has a bad outing. Look at NE and Balt yeaterday - among others. Eh.
    The Steelers are not too shabby. Flat happens. It is not an enduring problem unless Rex allows it to be.
    C'mon. 5-11? It's the Jets not Mia.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnysd View Post
    Jets SF is not a definite loss. No game is.

SF is pretty damn good. Lots of picks to go to the SB. I'll stand by my prediction unless injuries run rampant out there.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats the MO of a REX defense.

Give up a ton of unanwered points...
    Right now it looks like they'll be an average offense and average defense - somewhere in the middle of the pack on both.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who are you again?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Outsider View Post
    If I'm an opposing defensive coordinator, I tell my DBs to rough up the Jets WRs. and I have one of my LBs take a 15 yard roughing the passer call first chance he gets. Based on experience, the Jets offense wilt like a week-old daisy after that.
    Yup.

That seems to be the answer to the Jets O pretty much. For a team who wants to be tough, we're quite soft almost all around on O. Our RB looks all-but-dead every time he takes a hit, our QB can't recover when he's hit hard, and our WR corp (and a few of our DB's too, now that I think about it) are very, very soft.

Hope they can figure out a way to work around that seemingly problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Who are you again?
    We'll have to wait until October to find out, I guess...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post
    We'll have to wait until October to find out, I guess...
    No way it's Matty Ice, right?