Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Usual Monday morning posters

Usual Monday morning posters

You can pretty much count on the types of posts that will appear on the board on Monday;

1. The "trade" or "bench" Sanchez: Like it or not Sanchez is the QB of this team now and in the future. Is he up to a level of Tom Brady or Eli Manning ? No and I'm not sure that he ever will be but players like that are far and few between.

2. The "Rex has to go" posters: Rex Ryan wears his heart on his sleeve and is still learning to make the transition from coordinator to head coach. It should be obvious that what this team is trying to do is make the leap to being able to compete week in and week out while making the playoffs. We are not an elite team yet but this weekend a lot of so called potential Super Bowl team lost including the Ravens and Patsies.

3. The "we suck" posts. If you look back at the history of the NFL you're going to see that a lot of very good teams often loose to teams they are supposed to beat. Football is a very emotional game and emotion can often compensate for lack of talent.

The Jets had an opportunity to make a statement yesterday and they did not and now everyone is back to saying their week 1 win was a fluke. So be it. What we HAVE seen with the Jets is that too often they just don't have the ability to come out and play when the week before they dominated a team. It happened last year when they trounced the Bills in Buffalo and happened again yesterday.

The bottom line was that they did not play very well and that the coaching staff has to pick them up off the ground and start from scratch again. With games against the Texans, Pats and 49'ers coming up we will see just how good they are but I believe that we are slowly building a very good team. Calling for a lot of changes now could derail the plan of the future for building a great franchise.

The key part of your thread was 'slowly' building a great team. The problem is that places where there were no holes become holes.

The big problem with this team, the front office and the coaches is they never see the big holes until after a year or so of them causing us major grief. In the past it has been safeties, not a good enough pass rush, no deep threat.

Now we have decided to go back to being a running team but we have inferior RB's whom they will ride until it is too late and no proper blocking TE's. Still have age and slowness on D in the linebacking group.

I do not see this team as a 'rebuilding' have patience team, it is a win now team.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by rmeyer52 View Post
    You can pretty much count on the types of posts that will appear on the board on Monday;

1. The "trade" or "bench" Sanchez: Like it or not Sanchez is the QB of this team now and in the future. Is he up to a level of Tom Brady or Eli Manning ? No and I'm not sure that he ever will be but players like that are far and few between.

2. The "Rex has to go" posters: Rex Ryan wears his heart on his sleeve and is still learning to make the transition from coordinator to head coach. It should be obvious that what this team is trying to do is make the leap to being able to compete week in and week out while making the playoffs. We are not an elite team yet but this weekend a lot of so called potential Super Bowl team lost including the Ravens and Patsies.

3. The "we suck" posts. If you look back at the history of the NFL you're going to see that a lot of very good teams often loose to teams they are supposed to beat. Football is a very emotional game and emotion can often compensate for lack of talent.

The Jets had an opportunity to make a statement yesterday and they did not and now everyone is back to saying their week 1 win was a fluke. So be it. What we HAVE seen with the Jets is that too often they just don't have the ability to come out and play when the week before they dominated a team. It happened last year when they trounced the Bills in Buffalo and happened again yesterday.

The bottom line was that they did not play very well and that the coaching staff has to pick them up off the ground and start from scratch again. With games against the Texans, Pats and 49'ers coming up we will see just how good they are but I believe that we are slowly building a very good team. Calling for a lot of changes now could derail the plan of the future for building a great franchise.
    Stop defining ignorance.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    If the HC and FO told us we were rebuilding then I wouldn't be critical.

Rex sells this team as a contender therefore they get critiqued like one. He says he is the best defensive coach therefore we expect excellent defense. They claim Westy is greatest STs coach of all-time therefore we expect great STs. They threw Schotty under the bus and made him look like he was the reason why they offense sucked, therefore we expect more on offense this year.

Truth is, those are all either lies or misconceptions. I do think the coaching is good and in the NFL coaching is very important. However, the players are more important. Our "key" players are under-performing and we lack talent in certain areas that make contradictions to what our "identity" is supposed to be.

Yes, good teams lose and no one expected the Jets to go undefeated - it's not that lost, it's the way that they lost. There was a big difference between the way the Ravens and Pats lost to the way that Jets lost.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Rex sells this team as a contender therefore they get critiqued like one. He says he is the best defensive coach therefore we expect excellent defense. They claim Westy is greatest STs coach of all-time therefore we expect great STs. They threw Schotty under the bus and made him look like he was the reason why they offense sucked, therefore we expect more on offense this year.

Truth is, those are all either lies or misconceptions. I do think the coaching is good and in the NFL coaching is very important. However, the players are more important. Our "key" players are under-performing and we lack talent in certain areas that make contradictions to what our "identity" is supposed to be.
    You're rarely going to hear an NFL team say that they are rebuilding. Particularly one coming off an 8-8 season that is still trying to sell tickets. If a team is ever going to play the "rebuilding" card, it will come after a totally disasterous season in which case the team will try to use the rebuilding process as a way to sell tickets...i.e "Yes, we suck, but come see the new talent we're bringing in!". The Colts are trying to sell "rebuilding" as a reason to go to the games.

The Jets aren't bad enough to announce they are rebuilding. At least, not yet.

Veteran
    You forgot the Fire Tanny threads

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

Right.... agreed.

Being a JETS fan is a TOUGH assignment. Not only do we not win a SB for 43 years...we get hammered in AFC Champ games after being ahead or we show signs that we could have won.

Then... they show signs of being terrific, we go out on a ledge and then yesterday happens.

I wish I was an ignorant kool aid drinker calling the other teams names etc... call myself a GREAT fan etc.. BUT the reality is, after 40 years, it wears on you.

Jets for life but it it aint easy.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Outsider View Post
    You're rarely going to hear an NFL team say that they are rebuilding. Particularly one coming off an 8-8 season that is still trying to sell tickets. If a team is ever going to play the "rebuilding" card, it will come after a totally disasterous season in which case the team will try to use the rebuilding process as a way to sell tickets...i.e "Yes, we suck, but come see the new talent we're bringing in!". The Colts are trying to sell "rebuilding" as a reason to go to the games.

The Jets aren't bad enough to announce they are rebuilding. At least, not yet.
    We are in what, year seven of the Mike Tanenbaum regime? He has had three or four bites at the QB apple now as well as two bites at the head coaching apple. The roster has almost 100% of players acquired under his leadership and any cap woes that might have been inherited from his predecessor have long since expired. This is the the good ship Mike Tanenbaum and if it is in need of a rebuild then it means the last rebuild was a failure and he should be gone.

Rex, Mike T. and Mark Sanchez are welded together at the hip and will be judged as one. Tanenbaum does not get to save his job this time around by throwing another HC under the bus like he did last time. That act has played out before. If I am Woody I hire a consultant right now to check any decisions made by Mr Tanenbaum to make sure we are not doubling down on any failed strategies such as trading away our picks for other team's malcontents. I would not put it past Tanenbaum to further compromise the future of the franchise in a desperate attempt to save his own ass now.

It's week 3

We're 1-1

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Jets for life but it it aint easy.
    Werd.

All League
    sign ratliff!!1!!!!!!111!!!

SAR Why you stay a Jets fan is beyond me since everything they do in your minds is wrong or sucks. If I were you I would find another team to support since your support for this team is they suck

Jets Insider VIP
    If only the Jets would have followed SARs always correct advice and drafted Matt Leinart.

Damn you Jets for missing out on that SAR SuperStAR

Hall Of Fame
    SAR Why you stay a Jets fan is beyond me since everything they do in your minds is wrong or sucks. If I were you I would find another team to support since your support for this team is they suck
    Maybe because the fist step towards making things better is recognizing when they are broken in the first place.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    If only the Jets would have followed SARs always correct advice and drafted Matt Leinart.

+1

Will never forget this

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

Just because we would not have SAR as the GM does not mean that anyone not named SAR is the right person for that job. That is a stupid assertion.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

I will be a Jets fan for 60 years.

General Managers come and go every 10. Head coaches come and go every 4. There are usually 2 or 3 year chunks of time when we're starting over and everyone's optimistic, myself included. Look up my posts from 2006, 2009, 2010, and preseason 2011 for happy SAR if you like. We happen to be in the year where we're failing and about to fire everyone, deal with it.

This is a discussion forum, not a fanclub. We're allowed to share our feelings both positive and negative. Better get used to it, not going to be very pleasant around here when we hit 2-6.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Maybe because the fist step towards making things better is recognizing when they are broken in the first place.
    Oh no, it's better to keep the blinders on, keep telling yourself they're a great team, best ever in the last 30 years, because that's helpful. LOL. Poor fools.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Dearest EM31

I know you are desperately eager for me to respond to whatever taunts you post given how much time you spend on them, but, sadly you are on FOREVER IGNORE and thus, I don't get the chance to see a single keystroke of your brilliant internet work

Thanks anyway