Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 39 of 39

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/17

  1. #21
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like

    Mehta: Rex Ryan doesn't 'think you can assume' that Darrelle Revis will return to fac

    It’s not a lock that All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis will be back when the Jets travel to Miami on Sunday. After missing yesterday’s game against the Steelers, Revis’ status for Week 3 still remains uncertain after he suffered a concussion in the season opener. Rex Ryan isn’t taking Revis’ return for granted.

    “I don’t think you can assume that,” Ryan said about the centerpiece of his defense playing this week. “To the NFL standards, he has to pass those tests. Right now, he looks to be doing well, so hopefully he will be playing.”

    Revis missed only the third game of his career. He was cleared for physical activities last week, but he has still not been cleared for contact. He practiced on a limited basis last Friday.

    ***

    Tim Tebow only played three offensive snaps in the Week 2 loss to the Steelers. The Jets didn’t dust off the Wildcat at all in the first half.

    Tebow jump-started the offense on his first two plays with a 22-yard run – the longest gain on the ground for the Jets all day – and a handoff to Joe McKnight that went for 12 yards. However, Tebow was pulled for Mark Sanchez after Shonn Greene’s 6-yard loss put the Jets in 2nd and 16.

    Ryan maintained that he has confidence in Tebow’s passing ability. But the lefty hasn’t attempted a pass in the first two games.

    “He can pass,” Ryan said. “Right now, we think that Mark gives us the best chance for us to be successful in that particular situation against that particular opponent. Those are things that we’ll always look at it. But I believe can pass. We’ll make the decision on when a guy’s out there and when he’s not out there.”

    Tebow never returned to the game.

    “We did have some Wildcat plays going into that game,” Ryan said. “But as the game went on, we’re down by 10 points late in that game… I even thought about it. But it’s like, ‘We’re down. Let’s see if we can’t make some plays.’ We knew we were getting a lot of press coverage on the outside. We thought we could make some plays. Quite honestly, they just executed better than we did.”

  2. #22
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    At the time Tebow was pulled on 2nd and 16 in 3rd Quarter, Sanchez had completed 2 passes for 9 yards on his previous 8 dropbacks.

  3. #23
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,193
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    At the time Tebow was pulled on 2nd and 16 in 3rd Quarter, Sanchez had completed 2 passes for 9 yards on his previous 8 dropbacks.
    These questions are ridiculous. He was taken out because he's not the starting QB. And can't pass.

    Media is just itching at the moment to jump all over a QB controversy. The second Tebow throws one pass for a long completion and taken out for a struggling Sanchez, they will be all over it.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDL_JET View Post
    These questions are ridiculous. He was taken out because he's not the starting QB. And can't pass.

    Media is just itching at the moment to jump all over a QB controversy. The second Tebow throws one pass for a long completion and taken out for a struggling Sanchez, they will be all over it.
    He can't pass but somehow managed to pass for 316 yards against the Steelers defense in the playoffs meanwhile Sanchez completed 37% of his passes against basically the same defense yesterday.

    Interesting...delusional much?

  5. #25
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    He can't pass but somehow managed to pass for 316 yards against the Steelers defense in the playoffs meanwhile Sanchez completed 37% of his passes against basically the same defense yesterday.

    Interesting...delusional much?
    Part of the board since August, interesting. You're all the same. Were you saying this pre-head collision about Sanchez? When he marched down 90 yards on the first drive, going 4/5 including a throwaway? The entire game shifted after that head to head collision. The game plan changed, Sanchez was a bit off, and WR stopped playing. Holmes assumed he'd get a flag every time the ball was thrown his way. Defense was gassed, O couldn't sustain a drive. While I'm not exactly a Sanchez apologist, you can't tell me that threw the first five quarters of the young season you weren't very impressed with Sanchez.

  6. #26
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That right there is what is wrong with this team in a nutshell. Rex is delusional about his defenses problems. Not just this year. This goes back to year 1. And the tackling has gotten worse each year.
    He's not delusional, some fans are

    The points and yardage given up last week in the 4th quarter were during extended garbage time. 2 busted plays gave Spiller his big day.

    Steelers ran the ball almost 30 times and only put up 66 yds, without Revis, Pitt was able to move the ball a bit through the air, but really, take away that prayer 50 yarder away from Wallace on 3rd and 16, a play that Cro should have had and was in position to make a play, the offense numbers look a lot better.

    The point is this year's Jets D has shown big improvements from last year, especially in talent, speed, and athleticism, and along the DL, Rex isn't far off, it's only been two games.

  7. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    gainesville ga
    Posts
    1,049
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have to go to a game there someday. They are a great crowd and fanbase. That place was brutal after the DPI yesterday.

    I give the Rooney's credit for building a stadium that is conducive to loud noise. MetLife is a canyon. And they try to fill it with executives.
    That's because the Rooney's care about winning Super Bowls and Woody only cares about winning this trophy.........


  8. #28
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    6,198
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    He can't pass but somehow managed to pass for 316 yards against the Steelers defense in the playoffs meanwhile Sanchez completed 37% of his passes against basically the same defense yesterday.

    Interesting...delusional much?
    Bingo. Tebow should have been used more in the first half, and definitely should have been out there for at least a full series in the 2nd half after Sanchez and the WRs had shown they were done. Steelers were in a groove on D, and running some Wildcat would have at least taken them out of their comfort zone.

    The only way to consistently stop the Wildcat is to completely sellout with your Safties (like the Greene 6 yard loss), so Tebow would have had some chances downfield if you have him opportunities.

  9. #29
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Manhattan, NY
    Posts
    9,548
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I have to go to a game there someday. They are a great crowd and fanbase. That place was brutal after the DPI yesterday.

    I give the Rooney's credit for building a stadium that is conducive to loud noise. MetLife is a canyon. And they try to fill it with executives.
    Ridiculous statement. Met Life was plenty loud the first time the Pats played there. As a fan, you need to realize, the Steelers fans are louder, on average, than Jets fans, you can blame Woody all you want for that, but it's the truth. Doesn't matter which stadium they are in. If you think otherwise you are actually delusional about the Jets fanbase.

    The Steelers are the biggest thing it Pittsburgh. Almost everyone there is a diehard Steelers fan, short of Green Bay it may be the most devoted fanbase of any team (Cowboys may have "more" fans, but not as fanatical as Steelers fans). The Pirates were **** for 20 years, Not a lot of people care about hockey, and that's about it.

  10. #30
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Ridiculous statement. Met Life was plenty loud the first time the Pats played there. As a fan, you need to realize, the Steelers fans are louder, on average, than Jets fans, you can blame Woody all you want for that, but it's the truth. Doesn't matter which stadium they are in. If you think otherwise you are actually delusional about the Jets fanbase.

    The Steelers are the biggest thing it Pittsburgh. Almost everyone there is a diehard Steelers fan, short of Green Bay it may be the most devoted fanbase of any team (Cowboys may have "more" fans, but not as fanatical as Steelers fans). The Pirates were **** for 20 years, Not a lot of people care about hockey, and that's about it.
    Having been to a dozen regular season games at the new stadium, I will agree to disagree.

  11. #31
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He's not delusional, some fans are

    The points and yardage given up last week in the 4th quarter were during extended garbage time. 2 busted plays gave Spiller his big day.

    Steelers ran the ball almost 30 times and only put up 66 yds, without Revis, Pitt was able to move the ball a bit through the air, but really, take away that prayer 50 yarder away from Wallace on 3rd and 16, a play that Cro should have had and was in position to make a play, the offense numbers look a lot better.

    The point is this year's Jets D has shown big improvements from last year, especially in talent, speed, and athleticism, and along the DL, Rex isn't far off, it's only been two games.
    Ray, the next time we cover a TE will be the first time. Been a problem all 4 years. Next time we get a conventional pass rush will be the first time since the NE playoff game.

    I am glad that we can stop the run in a passing league. Let me know when we play in 50 mph winds. I will bet the farm on the Jets.

    We are antiquated on both sides of the ball. Last week was a cock tease.

  12. #32
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, the next time we cover a TE will be the first time. Been a problem all 4 years. Next time we get a conventional pass rush will be the first time since the NE playoff game.

    I am glad that we can stop the run in a passing league. Let me know when we play in 50 mph winds. I will bet the farm on the Jets.

    We are antiquated on both sides of the ball. Last week was a cock tease.
    Right, last week was a cock tease, yesterday was the true indicator...

    Miller had 3 catches for 19 yds, the TD was a mistake, not a player not being able to cover the position, it was an assignment error, and the defense was slow to respond.

    We have brand new secondary at the safety position this year, with the talent added on defense, and the fact that the season is only two games old, I'm going to give it a couple of games to get a better sense of the ability and potential of this year's team.

    Those that are jumping off of a cliff and making definitive statements about this team after one loss are shameless and clueless, there is nothing that can argue against this.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,554
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Right, last week was a cock tease, yesterday was the true indicator...

    Miller had 3 catches for 19 yds, the TD was a mistake, not a player not being able to cover the position, it was an assignment error, and the defense was slow to respond.

    We have brand new secondary at the safety position this year, with the talent added on defense, and the fact that the season is only two games old, I'm going to give it a couple of games to get a better sense of the ability and potential of this year's team.

    Those that are jumping off of a cliff and making definitive statements about this team after one loss are shameless and clueless, there is nothing that can argue against this.
    1. Did I say that or are you inventing arguments?

    2. LOL, you can say that again.

    3. Landry and Bell are not upgrades in coverage. And that is what we needed. Leonhard was a better tackler than both of them. Landry takes poor angles and has no control over his body. They are big hitters.

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    He's not delusional, some fans are

    The points and yardage given up last week in the 4th quarter were during extended garbage time. 2 busted plays gave Spiller his big day.

    Steelers ran the ball almost 30 times and only put up 66 yds, without Revis, Pitt was able to move the ball a bit through the air, but really, take away that prayer 50 yarder away from Wallace on 3rd and 16, a play that Cro should have had and was in position to make a play, the offense numbers look a lot better.

    The point is this year's Jets D has shown big improvements from last year, especially in talent, speed, and athleticism, and along the DL, Rex isn't far off, it's only been two games.
    and had John Wilkes Booth only missed. YOU are related to REX right?

    Cro has been blowing coverage and tackles for years.....dont worry, we have our 1st rounder Wilson.

  15. #35
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    Ridiculous statement. Met Life was plenty loud the first time the Pats played there. As a fan, you need to realize, the Steelers fans are louder, on average, than Jets fans, you can blame Woody all you want for that, but it's the truth. Doesn't matter which stadium they are in. If you think otherwise you are actually delusional about the Jets fanbase.

    The Steelers are the biggest thing it Pittsburgh. Almost everyone there is a diehard Steelers fan, short of Green Bay it may be the most devoted fanbase of any team (Cowboys may have "more" fans, but not as fanatical as Steelers fans). The Pirates were **** for 20 years, Not a lot of people care about hockey, and that's about it.
    Just sayin'.... have you ever seen a Jets vs Dolphins game at Shea? Just sayin'... Pittsburgh would be like a morgue compared to the loudmouth Jets fans of which I was one at Shea! It was deafening to say the least!

  16. #36
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,691
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Ray, the next time we cover a TE will be the first time. Been a problem all 4 years. Next time we get a conventional pass rush will be the first time since the NE playoff game.

    I am glad that we can stop the run in a passing league. Let me know when we play in 50 mph winds. I will bet the farm on the Jets.

    We are antiquated on both sides of the ball. Last week was a cock tease.
    You are correct. Further it attacks the credibility of REX saying that he was the best defensive mind in the NFL. If he was, ya think we'd be able to stop athletic TEs by now? Rex should know exactly the type of personnel he needs to stop TEs. Yet he brings in guys that hit but can not cover at safety! Go figure.

  17. #37
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,412
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post

    I am glad that we can stop the run in a passing league.
    Well, this is an interesting point - and can cut both ways.

    On one hand, teams that don't run all that well - if you stop their run you make them hugely one-dimensional. That's a plus.

    But the rest of the defensive pieces then have to capitalize on the fact that the other team has to throw it a lot. Our pass defense does that - say what you will, Revis Cro and our new safeties are a pretty stout group.

    But where we fall down is the in heart of our D - with our LBs and the fact that some of those intangibles that a D-line needs to stop the run don't always translate to rushing the passer.

    My point is that stopping the run is a valid thing in football, and always will be. We just need the personnel to make it cut our way instead of against us.

    This D is seriously just one natural DE pass-rusher and some ILB speed away from being elite.

    I hate speculating, but Sapp could certainly fit the DE mold if he ever gets on the field. And the rest is fixable. This D is not that far away . . . and to me it's a question of personnel and not philosophy.

  18. #38
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    1. Did I say that or are you inventing arguments?

    2. LOL, you can say that again.
    Slow meaning, slow in assessing and picking up the assignment, not slow to get to their position, but nice try.

    3. Landry and Bell are not upgrades in coverage. And that is what we needed. Leonhard was a better tackler than both of them. Landry takes poor angles and has no control over his body. They are big hitters.
    Safeties by virtue of their position, are not good coverage players, otherwise, they'd be playing CB.

    There is no questioning the speed and athleticism both Bell and especially Landry have added to the position, which will have an overall effect and provide an upgrade to the coverage abilities of the secondary.

  19. #39
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,593
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    and had John Wilkes Booth only missed. YOU are related to REX right?

    Cro has been blowing coverage and tackles for years.....dont worry, we have our 1st rounder Wilson.
    Related to Rex, huh?

    Cro didn't blow the coverage on the Wallace TD, he failed to adjust to the ball and lost track of it while in the air, a completely different scenario.

    Your Wilson garb would suggest he played poorly yesterday? I'd like to know how?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us