Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Jets Tweets & Info 9/17

  1. #1

    Jets Tweets & Info 9/17

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets signed WR Royce Pollard to the practice squad and release WR Stanley Arukwe.



    My guess for the Arukwe signing last week was to try and replicate Wallace in practice..just a guess

  2. #2
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex said Revis still has to pass tests before getting cleared

    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex Ryan reiterates that Revis still has to pass required steps per NFL protocol. Hasn't been cleared for contact yet.

    Rex says Jets have to "catch the ball better" and the "routes have to be crisper."

    Rex says Sanchez was "a little inconsistent" after his 10-for-27 for 138 yd performance

    Rex Ryan says they had Wildcat plays in gameplan, but Jets abandoned it after getting down 10pts. Hmm.... But Tebow didn't play in 1st half


    Dennis Waszak Jr. ‏@DWAZ73
    Rex says you "can't assume" Revis will play at Miami because he still needs to pass all the tests.
    Last edited by C Mart; 09-17-2012 at 12:11 PM.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Westchester
    Posts
    1,441
    We still have that open roster spot too IIRC. I wonder if we'll get a Ricky Sapp sighting at some point soon. . .

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    We still have that open roster spot too IIRC. I wonder if we'll get a Ricky Sapp sighting at some point soon. . .
    on the 53 man? TE Epps took it

  5. #5
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on pulling Tebow on 2nd & 16: "Right now, we think Mark gives us best chance to be successful in that situation.. I think Tim can pass"

    Rex Ryan on Jets defense giving up 55 points in 2 games: "Hey, bet against us. I know where it's going to end up... "

  6. #6
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex says Ducasse "'earned the right to play some" .... Vlad played 10 snaps at LG for Slauson yesterday.

    Rex Ryan says Santonio Holmes "is getting a lot of coverage rolled to him.".... "But I expect him to make some big plays."

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,788
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on pulling Tebow on 2nd & 16: "Right now, we think Mark gives us best chance to be successful in that situation.. I think Tim can pass"

    Rex Ryan on Jets defense giving up 55 points in 2 games: "Hey, bet against us. I know where it's going to end up... "
    That right there is what is wrong with this team in a nutshell. Rex is delusional about his defenses problems. Not just this year. This goes back to year 1. And the tackling has gotten worse each year.
    Last edited by DDNYjets; 09-17-2012 at 12:19 PM.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on pulling Tebow on 2nd & 16: "Right now, we think Mark gives us best chance to be successful in that situation.. I think Tim can pass"

    Rex Ryan on Jets defense giving up 55 points in 2 games: "Hey, bet against us. I know where it's going to end up... "
    well one game was garbage time, and yesterday the offense couldn't move the ball whcih kept the D on the field most of the game. Not even close to worried about the D yet

  9. #9
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Ryan said Ducasse earned the right to Play. No competition at LG but he will rotate in with Slauson

  10. #10
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Rex on 37-yard TD to Wallace: "Cro had about as good a coverage you can have on a guy. .... (But) he drifted." But he "misjudged ball"

    I've been told it looks like FB John Conner tweaked sprained MCL again yesterday. Day-to-day.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    That right there is what is wrong with this team in a nutshell. Rex is delusional about his defenses problems. Not just this year. This goes back to year 1. And the tackling has gotten worse each year.
    i agree. still cant tackle, cover TEs or rbs or get a pass rush consistenly. rex needs to wake up and see that this defense is not as good as he thinks it is. watch the 49ers defense, that is what rex thinks we are but we are not even close

  12. #12
    Rex paraphrasing on Pace: Tremendous football player..Sack stats are hurt because he's good in coverage and they use him for that too...




    Once the transcript of the presser comes out it will have more detail...

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,788
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Ryan said Ducasse earned the right to Play. No competition at LG but he will rotate in with Slauson
    Interesting.

    I guess if they do it at QB, LG should be no different.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Interesting.

    I guess if they do it at QB, LG should be no different.

    He mentioned DDavis getting some reps...

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,788
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    He mentioned DDavis getting some reps...
    Much different for a LB. And defensive players for that matter.

    But I am glad DD is getting some more reps.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,788
    BTW CMart thanks for the updates.

    As always, great job.

  17. #17
    Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
    Steelers are now 66-22-1 (.747) at Heinz Field since it opened in 2001.




    So 6 wins each season before playing a game..

  18. #18
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex Ryan was as annoyed as I've seen him with Tebow questions today

  19. #19
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,788
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Rex Ryan was as annoyed as I've seen him with Tebow questions today
    LOL.

    The media were trolling Rex and Tebow about Tebow's playing time hard after the game yesterday. IIRC one guy asked if Tebow was frustrated that he didn't get the opportunity to throw the ball yesterday.

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,788
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Adam Caplan ‏@caplannfl
    Steelers are now 66-22-1 (.747) at Heinz Field since it opened in 2001.

    So 6 wins each season before playing a game..
    I have to go to a game there someday. They are a great crowd and fanbase. That place was brutal after the DPI yesterday.

    I give the Rooney's credit for building a stadium that is conducive to loud noise. MetLife is a canyon. And they try to fill it with executives.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us