Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Now On The Fire Tanny Wagon.

I'm Now On The Fire Tanny Wagon.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch and tells me I am overreacting, relax because this thought has been planted in my head since last season. Tanny is not a good gm. He just pulls out the checkbook. He are some obvious reasons why he is terrible.
    1) You haven't had a real pass rusher since John Abraham. (SEVEN YEARS AGO, SEVEN)
    2) We have no depth, which was shown last year on national television when you had Colin Baxter, WHO THE **** IS COLIN BAXTER, playing center, and let your quarterback get destroyed and shaken up for the rest of the season.
    3) You failed to address the right tackle position for the last year, then get beyond lucky with Austin Howard. Lets see how well this goes.
    4) You mess with your quarterbacks chemistry every year for headlines. Sanchez has not had the same receiving core in his career yet. Instead of bringing Braylon back ( I know we are all obsessed, ) you bring in Plaxico who couldn't get a push off the line for ****, for a ****ing headline. You also cut your most clutch receiver we had in years in Cotchery, for Derrick Mason who was so bad he got shipped out in five weeks. You also pay Holmes right away, while messing with the best defensive player in football, who is actually a leader to your players.
    5) To address your receiving position this year, you sign Clyde Gates who couldn't make the worst receiving core in the NFL in the Miami Dolphins.
    6) Instead of upgrading your line backing core, which obviously needs help, you think people like Garrett Mcintyre will fix your problems. No it won't. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and David Harris, who I think is one of the best in the game, cannot cover for ****. They look like they are running in quicksand. Stop being so naive.
    7) I like Yeremiah Bell, I really do, but he is nothing more than a gloried Jim Leonhard. We need a playmaking, ballhawk back there (HM, KERRY RHODES ANYONE) not someone who just makes the tackles.

So in conclusion, opening your checkbook for the new stadium (Favre, Taylor, Tomlinson) etc, doesn't make you a good gm. Real GM's sign role players who fit their team.

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch and tells me I am overreacting, relax because this thought has been planted in my head since last season. Tanny is not a good gm. He just pulls out the checkbook. He are some obvious reasons why he is terrible.
    1) You haven't had a real pass rusher since John Abraham. (SEVEN YEARS AGO, SEVEN)
    2) We have no depth, which was shown last year on national television when you had Colin Baxter, WHO THE **** IS COLIN BAXTER, playing center, and let your quarterback get destroyed and shaken up for the rest of the season.
    3) You failed to address the right tackle position for the last year, then get beyond lucky with Austin Howard. Lets see how well this goes.
    4) You mess with your quarterbacks chemistry every year for headlines. Sanchez has not had the same receiving core in his career yet. Instead of bringing Braylon back ( I know we are all obsessed, ) you bring in Plaxico who couldn't get a push off the line for ****, for a ****ing headline. You also cut your most clutch receiver we had in years in Cotchery, for Derrick Mason who was so bad he got shipped out in five weeks. You also pay Holmes right away, while messing with the best defensive player in football, who is actually a leader to your players.
    5) To address your receiving position this year, you sign Clyde Gates who couldn't make the worst receiving core in the NFL in the Miami Dolphins.
    6) Instead of upgrading your line backing core, which obviously needs help, you think people like Garrett Mcintyre will fix your problems. No it won't. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and David Harris, who I think is one of the best in the game, cannot cover for ****. They look like they are running in quicksand. Stop being so naive.
    7) I like Yeremiah Bell, I really do, but he is nothing more than a gloried Jim Leonhard. We need a playmaking, ballhawk back there (HM, KERRY RHODES ANYONE) not someone who just makes the tackles.

So in conclusion, opening your checkbook for the new stadium (Favre, Taylor, Tomlinson) etc, doesn't make you a good gm. Real GM's sign role players who fit their team.
    And double up $$$ on your QB after a horrible season

Sweet post.

I hate to ruin this board with facts as opposed to whimsical rants, but....

1. Colin Baxter played because we lost mangold and his backup robert turner. I dont know many teams who have a solid 3rd string center.
    2. Tanny drafted mangold and revis - both of whom are the best at their position in the NFL.
    3. A scant 8 days ago, the player Tanny traded up for, had the best opening day performance for a rookie WR the leage has seen in years.
    4. In that same game, Tanny's 5th round pick from the previous year had a TD catch, TD punt return and was named NFL Special Teams player of the week.
    5. The RT "that was luck" held a $100 million FA signing to 0 sacks
    6. Great call on "depth" Garret McIntrye had 2 sacks - he was an UDFA that Tanny found BTW, filing in for BT, and the previous game, with Pouha out, his replacement, a 3rd round pick that looks like a gem, replaced him and didnt miss a beat.

Other then that, i completely agree

Your drafts have gone to **** since Mangini has been gone. Tanny is still the GM, so don't tell me those were Tannys picks. Mangini was the better talent evaluator. Also, yeah Turner went down, so a good GM goes to to find someone who can do the job adequately no?

Your drafts have gone to **** since Mangini has been gone. Tanny is still the GM, so don't tell me those were Tannys picks. Mangini was the better talent evaluator. Also, yeah Turner went down, so a good GM goes to to find someone who can do the job adequately no?
    Right, we have had terrible picks since mangini....can we get him back please?

I hate kerley, he sucks, as does kendrick ellis. Stephen Hill looks awful.

Getting Maybin as a FA was awful, i mean 6 sacks????

Slauson - did that 7th rounder even make the team?

Garret Mcintyre....what did he ever do as an UDFA.

You're basis of this argument is he picked Revis and Harris. Yes, under the MANGINI REGIME. Stephen Hill had one good game and was invisible yesterday. I am a fan of his, but don't tell me he was a good pick yet. Half this board was ripping Mcintyre last year, but oh right he had one good game, sorry. Slauson I agree on, that was a steal. You're bound to have one of two good picks.

You're basis of this argument is he picked Revis and Harris. Yes, under the MANGINI REGIME. Stephen Hill had one good game and was invisible yesterday. I am a fan of his, but don't tell me he was a good pick yet. Half this board was ripping Mcintyre last year, but oh right he had one good game, sorry. Slauson I agree on, that was a steal. You're bound to have one of two good picks.
    Ellis and Wilkerson have been excellent this season, Kerley has been playing very well sans the muffed punt yesterday. 2011 is shaping up to be a very good draft class.

Jets Insider VIP
    How can you pick on "Juiced up" Garrett mcintyre? He must of been hanging with cushing and matthews this offseason.

So you were in the room when mangini selected revis and mangold against tannys wishes?

How is mo wilkerson doing?

Wilkerson has been a decent pick. Can't get on that. Jury is still out on Ellis. As I previously stated, the "star" picks ala Ferguson, Mangold, Harris, and Revis were made under the Mangini Regime.

Hall Of Fame
    The reason we are constantly picking over the garbage in the UDFA pile is because Tanenbaum has spent the last seven years trading away so many picks that we have had the fewest picks in the NFL during that time.

Everyone and their mother knew that right tackle was a huge issue for us. Why were we left scrambling to try and fill that hole late into the preseason?

How many times does Mike Tananbaum have to personally screw up negotiations with team Revis before we realize that he is not a real GM? Tanenbaum is the office boy you send in to dot the I's and cross the T's on a contract after the real GM has worked out the broad outlines of the deal. It is like we decided to hand him the reins of the organization and make him the headline singer because he attended a concert once in his life. We are now seven years into his tenure and this organization is a bonafide mess. If it is not Mike Tanenbaum's fault then whose fault is it?

Can't blame the head coach you personally selected this time around. That bullsh1t move worked once but you can hardly expect the fan base to swallow that one again.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    The reason we are constantly picking over the garbage in the UDFA pile is because Tanenbaum has spent the last seven years trading away so many picks that we have had the fewest picks in the NFL during that time.

Everyone and their mother knew that right tackle was a huge issue for us. Why were we left scrambling to try and fill that hole late into the preseason?

How many times does Mike Tananbaum have to personally screw up negotiations with team Revis before we realize that he is not a real GM? Tanenbaum is the office boy you send in to dot the I's and cross the T's on a contract after the real GM has worked out the broad outlines of the deal. It is like we decided to hand him the reins of the organization and make him the headline singer because he attended a concert once in his life. We are now seven years into his tenure and this organization is a bonafide mess. If it is not Mike Tanenbaum's fault then whose fault is it?

Can't blame the head coach you personally selected this time around. That bullsh1t move worked once but you can hardly expect the fan base to swallow that one again.
    What exactly is mike tannenbaums fault now?

I didnt see him fail to wrap up rothlisberger yesterday? Wait, was he the CB that couldnt find the ball on that TD pass?

This GM criticism here is so ridiculous. Not every pick makes a roster or starts at their position. In the last 3 years wilkerson, kyle wilson, ellis, mcknight, slauson, kerley, hill and coples are all playing meaningful snaps or outright starting. Powell and connor are in support roles. Demario davis shows a ton of potential.

He has signed maybin and found cumberland and mcintyre as FAs both of whom are contributing.

Seems to me like hes doing a pretty good job.

Tannenbaum, like everyone else in this organization needs to find some modesty & stop acting & speaking like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

It goes back to him thinking he somehow SNOOKERED the Steelers by trading a lowly 5th round pick for the pleasure of OVERPAYING possibly the highest paid 2nd receiver in the entire league!
    Holmes is not a #1, he's not tough enough & always turtles after a big hit.

Go back to HARD KNOCKS
    while the cameras are rolling, Holmes makes a great diving catch in the endzone, Tanny says, "who was the smart guy that traded a 5th round pick for that guy?"
    Completely cocky & arrogant comment!
    Now he looks like a COMPLETE IDIOT for this move & for signing this human waste to a large contract! No one on this team likes TONE.
    He's bad news, a cancer that now that he has his money only cares about 1 thing, do u know what that is?
    TONE!

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    What exactly is mike tannenbaums fault now?

I didnt see him fail to wrap up rothlisberger yesterday? Wait, was he the CB that couldnt find the ball on that TD pass?

This GM criticism here is so ridiculous. Not every pick makes a roster or starts at their position. In the last 3 years wilkerson, kyle wilson, ellis, mcknight, slauson, kerley, hill and coples are all playing meaningful snaps or outright starting. Powell and connor are in support roles. Demario davis shows a ton of potential.

He has signed maybin and found cumberland and mcintyre as FAs both of whom are contributing.

Seems to me like hes doing a pretty good job.
    He has done a horrble job.

Generally drafting poorly (check)

Three or four whiffs on QBs - the next most important position on the team after HC (check)

One or two whiffs of selecting a HC the most important decision a GM can make (check)

Generally trading away our draft picks such that we have had the least amount of draft picks of any team in the NFL under his watch (check)

A predictable lack of roster depth as a result (check)

A penchant for the flashy, headline grabbing deal with an eye to the short term and which ends up costing us in the long run. e,g, Favre, Scott, Pace, Holmes, Edwards and yes, possibly Sanchez (check)

Getting owned in negotiations with team Revis not once but twice on a national stage (Check)

Giving Santonio Holmes 50 million dollars.

Overpaying for Calvin Pace and Bart Scott.

Giving Wayne Hinter a contract in the first place and then guaranteeing it in the 2nd place after significant evidence was in on Hunter.

Failing to notice that RT was the biggest problem on the team and leaving it until late in the preseason to try and make a last minute knee-jerk face saving move.

Failing to address QB depth before this year and then still failing to address it this year by bringing in a player who cannot play QB.

Tannenbaum is in YEAR SEVEN of being the main man. He is not doing a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    And double up $$$ on your QB after a horrible season
    That's inaccurate.

Where was this thread last Monday?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

So pretty much the Jets lose one game and you run here to whine, piss and moan about every signing he made this off season.

Where were you off of the Bills game?

I really don't remember seeing one of your lame posts b1tching about the WR's, dbs etc after blowing out the Bills,

Funny, you have a picture of Landry, player Tanny signed as your avatar.

Guess you get to pick and choose

Really, can one of the internet junior GM's stop with the idiotic thought that a LT or Taylor was signed to sell tickets. Only an idiot would think they signed Taylor to sell seats.

3/4s of the leagues GM's wish they won as many games as Tannys teams have over the same year period.

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    That's inaccurate.
    Please, please, enough with your facts.

He is a bad drafter!!!! Never mind that a vast majority of his picks are starters or contributing players and that mo wilkerson absolutely dominated yesterday.

We had no QB depth in 2009-2011!!!! Not even sure what that means since brunell took about 20 meaningful snaps.

We have no roster depth!!!! BT's replacement had 2 sacks (and btw makes the minimum salary)

He whiffed on the HC!!!! Even though only 4 teams in the NFL have more wins then Rex since he took over.

Facts have no basis on this board. Just get mad about a loss and lash out at the GM and coach.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Nut View Post
    So pretty much the Jets lose one game and you run here to whine, piss and moan about every signing he made this off season.

Where were you off of the Bills game?

I really don't remember seeing one of your lame posts b1tching about the WR's, dbs etc after blowing out the Bills,

Funny, you have a picture of Landry, player Tanny signed as your avatar.

Guess you get to pick and choose

Really, can one of the internet junior GM's stop with the idiotic thought that a LT or Taylor was signed to sell tickets. Only an idiot would think they signed Taylor to sell seats.

3/4s of the leagues GM's wish they won as many games as Tannys teams have over the same year period.
    seriously, JN

are you expecting anything less than ignorance, biotching, whining and moaning from SOJFs??

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Please, please, enough with your facts.

He is a bad drafter!!!! Never mind that a vast majority of his picks are starters or contributing players and that mo wilkerson absolutely dominated yesterday.

We had no QB depth in 2009-2011!!!! Not even sure what that means since brunell took about 20 meaningful snaps.

We have no roster depth!!!! BT's replacement had 2 sacks (and btw makes the minimum salary)

He whiffed on the HC!!!! Even though only 4 teams in the NFL have more wins then Rex since he took over.

Facts have no basis on this board. Just get mad about a loss and lash out at the GM and coach.
    Yeah. These armchair GMs never believe facts anyway.