Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Now On The Fire Tanny Wagon.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    Wilkerson has been a decent pick. Can't get on that. Jury is still out on Ellis. As I previously stated, the "star" picks ala Ferguson, Mangold, Harris, and Revis were made under the Mangini Regime.
    Those are veteran players who have had years to develop. Of course they're going to be better than the players we've recently drafted.

Jets Insider VIP
    please let the wagon run you over

thanks

Your drafts have gone to **** since Mangini has been gone. Tanny is still the GM, so don't tell me those were Tannys picks. Mangini was the better talent evaluator. Also, yeah Turner went down, so a good GM goes to to find someone who can do the job adequately no?
    As I have mentioned before maybe Mangini's staff was better at developing players as opposed to Rex's staff

Picking the players is only the beginning process. How the pick players develop (or not developed) is also part of the equation.

But Clemens sucked, Schlegel sucked. Jason Pascionek (sp?) sucked. Jacob bender sucked. Stuckey and Coleman are jags. All of the picks during Mangini's tenure weren't NFL players.

You're basis of this argument is he picked Revis and Harris. Yes, under the MANGINI REGIME. Stephen Hill had one good game and was invisible yesterday. I am a fan of his, but don't tell me he was a good pick yet. Half this board was ripping Mcintyre last year, but oh right he had one good game, sorry. Slauson I agree on, that was a steal. You're bound to have one of two good picks.
    3 posts in and your "fire Tanny" thread is dying like a Gostkowski kick to win a game. WTF happened? You were gonna own this thing.

Yes. I am a "SOJF" because I see there are glaring holes in this team. Sorry for posting them this week instead of last week. LMAO, you people are nuts. And for the person asking why I have a Landry avatar? JEEZ, I don't know maybe because he is the one free agent I wanted when the free agency period started? He plays with fire and isn't afraid to go for the big play, which I love.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch and tells me I am overreacting, relax because this thought has been planted in my head since last season. Tanny is not a good gm. He just pulls out the checkbook. He are some obvious reasons why he is terrible.
    1) You haven't had a real pass rusher since John Abraham. (SEVEN YEARS AGO, SEVEN)
    2) We have no depth, which was shown last year on national television when you had Colin Baxter, WHO THE **** IS COLIN BAXTER, playing center, and let your quarterback get destroyed and shaken up for the rest of the season.
    3) You failed to address the right tackle position for the last year, then get beyond lucky with Austin Howard. Lets see how well this goes.
    4) You mess with your quarterbacks chemistry every year for headlines. Sanchez has not had the same receiving core in his career yet. Instead of bringing Braylon back ( I know we are all obsessed, ) you bring in Plaxico who couldn't get a push off the line for ****, for a ****ing headline. You also cut your most clutch receiver we had in years in Cotchery, for Derrick Mason who was so bad he got shipped out in five weeks. You also pay Holmes right away, while messing with the best defensive player in football, who is actually a leader to your players.
    5) To address your receiving position this year, you sign Clyde Gates who couldn't make the worst receiving core in the NFL in the Miami Dolphins.
    6) Instead of upgrading your line backing core, which obviously needs help, you think people like Garrett Mcintyre will fix your problems. No it won't. Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, and David Harris, who I think is one of the best in the game, cannot cover for ****. They look like they are running in quicksand. Stop being so naive.
    7) I like Yeremiah Bell, I really do, but he is nothing more than a gloried Jim Leonhard. We need a playmaking, ballhawk back there (HM, KERRY RHODES ANYONE) not someone who just makes the tackles.

So in conclusion, opening your checkbook for the new stadium (Favre, Taylor, Tomlinson) etc, doesn't make you a good gm. Real GM's sign role players who fit their team.
    this will be the year of the Sanchez ... his ass is on the line

Yes. I am a "SOJF" because I see there are glaring holes in this team. Sorry for posting them this week instead of last week. LMAO, you people are nuts. And for the person asking why I have a Landry avatar? JEEZ, I don't know maybe because he is the one free agent I wanted when the free agency period started? He plays with fire and isn't afraid to go for the big play, which I love.
    Landy is awesome, he only had 2 monstrous penalties yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Landy is awesome, he only had 2 monstrous penalties yesterday.
    And since your such a Tanny lover, you were probably loving him last week. Double standard on your part as well?

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    seriously, JN

are you expecting anything less than ignorance, biotching, whining and moaning from SOJFs??
    Dumb asses who think that Tanny and Rex have been losers.

You have to laugh at how hard these die hard football fans have had it!!!!

And since your such a Tanny lover, you were probably loving him last week. Double standard on your part as well?
    Do i like the speed he brings to the position, absolutely. But those were killer penalties yesterday and we need a lot more dicipline from him.

Do i like the speed he brings to the position, absolutely. But those were killer penalties yesterday and we need a lot more dicipline from him.
    100 percent. I'd rather have him back there though, than someone like Eric Smith who wouldn't/cannot even bring that effort week in and week out.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Where was this thread last Monday?
    Come on, they beat Buffalo, who practically did it to themselves. Neither team had a pass rush, 3 Buffalo picks, and we gave back half the lead the second Revis went out. The elite D, who admitted taking the rest of the game off, gave up 21 points, aka half the lead, to CJ Spiller and Stevie Johnson.

And then, literally the same team that was mouthing off to the NY Press, post game last week, got their teeth kicked in by the oldest defense in the NFL, sans hall of fame safety, while our Elite D was busy getting picked apart by Ben Roethlisberger, who felt no pressure from said AWESOME D!!! and missed only 6 completions the whole game. On the other hand, the best WR EVER Santonio Holmes was Ike Taylor's personal ***** all day, couldn't catch a ball, and our AWESOME QB couldn't complete a pass for THREE QUARTERS... we have the BEST PERSONNELL in the NFL !!!
    Last edited by BleedGreen314; 09-17-2012 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Come on, they beat Buffalo, who practically did it to themselves. Neither team had a pass rush, 3 Buffalo picks, and we gave back half the lead the second Revis went out. The elite D, who admitted taking the rest of the game off, gave up 21 points to CJ Spiller and Stevie Johnson.
    Well spiller put 170 total yards and 2 TDs yesterday too, so do you think its possible he could just be talented?

Veteran
    Well spiller put 170 total yards and 2 TDs yesterday too, so do you think its possible he could just be talented?
    Our cement footed defense, and Kansas City, are the basis you are going to use for that argument? OK then

But I will give you, Spiller is talented.

- it's not tanny's decision to play greene and keep powell and mcknight on the bench

- it wasn't tanny's decision to play coples less than 20 snaps yesterday

- it wasn't tanny dropping passes

- tanny fixed RT enough to not have been a negative the first two weeks

***** and moan about tanny all you want but when will rex get his share of blame?

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    - it's not tanny's decision to play greene and keep powell and mcknight on the bench

***** and moan about tanny all you want but when will rex get his share of blame?
    -It's Tanny decision to roll the dice with Greene and not upgrade the running back position where Stewart was on the trade market, Tolbert was available, and etc.
    -Correct. That is all player execution. Regardless, Holmes shouldn't of even been resigned, but that is for another day. I actually like Holmes quite a bit actually, but he doesn't fit this team.
    -He got lucky with Howard. He did nothing for a year and plugged in a backup and got lucky. Simple as that.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post

Tanny both hired Rex and picked the Jets personnel. Rex coaches the personnel. How the team performs is directly related to Tannenbaum's decision making.

Why does responsibility fail to fall on a guy who had one good draft six years ago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic

-It's Tanny decision to roll the dice with Greene and not upgrade the running back position where Stewart was on the trade market, Tolbert was available, and etc.
    -Correct. That is all player execution. Regardless, Holmes shouldn't of even been resigned, but that is for another day. I actually like Holmes quite a bit actually, but he doesn't fit this team.
    -He got lucky with Howard. He did nothing for a year and plugged in a backup and got lucky. Simple as that.
    So when a player move works out its lucky or because of Mangini. But when a move doesn't work out its Tanny stinks. Got it.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Tanny both hired Rex and picked the Jets personnel. Rex coaches the personnel. How the team performs is directly related to Tannenbaum's decision making.

Why does responsibility fail to fall on a guy who had one good draft six years ago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic
    it's tanny's job to draft players who can help the team win. it's not tanny's job to tell the HC who to play, who to sit and when to use which guys. that's the difference between the GM and HC/OC jobs.

tanny has drafted all the rbs on the roster. for whatever reason, greene gets all the carries when healthy. that's not tanny's fault.