Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: I'm Now On The Fire Tanny Wagon.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Ok. So I guess Woody also being in the interview didn't have a say or opinion on the matter. You're joking right.
    If the GM is letting the owner make football decisions he has no business being the GM. Either way the GM is ultimately responsible. Either for making a bad football decision that he recommended to the owner, or he let himself be influenced into making a bad football decision, which is weak. So he's either ignorant or weak. Take your pick.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Dwyer 28 yards + Redman 25 yards = 150????

Those backups did well, and that was against Tanny’s awful picks on our line….imagine what they would do against a defense drafted by a genius GM and run by jon gruden.
    Sorry buddy I'm not sitting here pulling up ESPN every time I need to write a response. Redman tore right through our defense on a ten minute drive to score last night, maybe it just felt like more because Rothlesberger was abusing Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie all game

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    If the GM is letting the owner make football decisions he has no business being the GM. Either way the GM is ultimately responsible. Either for making a bad football decision that he recommended to the owner, or he let himself be influenced into making a bad football decision, which is weak. So he's either ignorant or weak. Take your pick.
    So what would you have done if you were the GM in that instance?

And who is your pick for the next GM of the Jets?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Sorry buddy I'm not sitting here pulling up ESPN every time I need to write a response. Redman tore right through our defense on a ten minute drive to score last night, maybe it just felt like more because Rothlesberger was abusing Kyle Wilson and Antonio Cromartie all game
    No you are too busy making up stats. If you don't know the stat don't just post BS and then get your panties in a twist when someone proves how wrong those BS stats are.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I dont need ESPN, i simply watch the games. And it was pretty easy to see yesterday that kendrick ellis, mo wilkerson, garret mcintyre, david harris, sione pouha, and mike devito....all of whom were brought in and/or developed by mike tannenbaums regime dominated the pitts running game.

If you want to discuss rothlisberger picking apart the secondary, that is a legitimate conversation.

But the amout of overreaction from people is just insane. Not every pick is a hall of famer and saying that we should have drafted heath miller, after the fact, is not a fair representation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I dont need ESPN, i simply watch the games. And it was pretty easy to see yesterday that kendrick ellis, mo wilkerson, garret mcintyre, david harris, sione pouha, and mike devito....all of whom were brought in and/or developed by mike tannenbaums regime dominated the pitts running game.

If you want to discuss rothlisberger picking apart the secondary, that is a legitimate conversation.

But the amout of overreaction from people is just insane. Not every pick is a hall of famer and saying that we should have drafted heath miller, after the fact, is not a fair representation.
    What the hell? Pouha, Devito, and Harris were developed under the Tannebuam regime? What the hell is the Tannenbaum regime? Those players were drafted under MANGINI. Tannebaums regime has gone from Mangini to Ryan. Devito was a solid contributor already by 09, Harris was a rising star, and Pouha was a solid backup.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I suspect that Bean Counter deferred to both Mangini and the Mouth ( for the first couple of years) Remember,this guy is a contract guy, not an evaluator of talent. Now, he is feeling his oats a bit, because its obvious that with the Hill pick, he went against the Mouth's wishes. In this case, I suspect that the Mouth will turn out to be right on this one. Then again, the Mouth is really only concerned about defense---and thinks retro things like ground and pound and defense winning games actually apply to modern Football.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

I clearly said it's not his fault we missed Heath

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    why don't we just bring back that FOOTBALL GENIUS Eric Mangini as the combination HC/GM

after all, a guy with his majestic head coaching record for two franchises should be able to fix things in a jiffy especially since, according to football expert Jetsfan920 he was responsible for ALL the good draft picks made since 2006 while Mike Tannenbaum was responsible ONLY for ALL the bad draft picks

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan920 View Post
    What the hell? Pouha, Devito, and Harris were developed under the Tannebuam regime? What the hell is the Tannenbaum regime? Those players were drafted under MANGINI. Tannebaums regime has gone from Mangini to Ryan. Devito was a solid contributor already by 09, Harris was a rising star, and Pouha was a solid backup.
    So Gholston, Boar Hunter, Eric Smith, Clemens, and Keller (slightly disappointing given his draft spot) aren't Tanny's either right?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    No you are too busy making up stats. If you don't know the stat don't just post BS and then get your panties in a twist when someone proves how wrong those BS stats are.
    Not in a twist, the defense got smoked and I don't feel all that bad about getting a couple numbers wrong.

Difference is the Giants defense also got smoked, but they were able to score points.

I'll leave it at that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMo View Post
    So Gholston, Boar Hunter, Eric Smith, Clemens, and Keller (slightly disappointing given his draft spot) aren't Tanny's either right?
    Gholston sucked. No doubt. Hunter was a solid backup and was great in the jumbo package until Rex and Tanny decide they think he can be the starting right tackle (BECAUSE THAT WENT WELL.) Smith was/is a good serviceable safety back up. Keller has been Sanchez security blanket and we can be much worse at tight end. Clemens is a wash.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tannenbaum's a great GM. He just bet big on Sanchez and came up short. He had no way of knowing Sanchez wasn't going to pan out.

Every move he's made regarding contracts and trades have made sense and have made the team a playoff contender. Can't really ask more of your GM than that, after that point it's on the players to

1. Get to the postseason
    2. Win in the postseason

The current problem is Tanny really went for it 2-3 years ago and has been applying band-aids to an imperfect roster ever since, with mixed results. If you want Tannenbaum gone, you want a serious rebuild. As long as the team has a chance to make it to the playoffs that seems like a mistake to me.

Just get to the playoffs, and then anything can happen.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It appears that the noted expert on Jet draft picks of the GREAT MANGINI ERA somehow thought that your reference to "boar hunter" referred to Wayne Hunter

go figure

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gholston sucked. No doubt. Hunter was a solid backup and was great in the jumbo package until Rex and Tanny decide they think he can be the starting right tackle (BECAUSE THAT WENT WELL.) Smith was/is a good serviceable safety back up. Keller has been Sanchez security blanket and we can be much worse at tight end. Clemens is a wash.
    Boar hunter is Anthony Schlegel 2006 3rd round pick that reportedly Mangini championed for.

How is Clemens a wash?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was sarcasm lol.
    I know...but a while back there was debate about the value of 6th rounders and after and I simply believe the JETS dont pay as much attention to these players as they should and then compound it with picks like Vlad and Wilson.

Wilson is decent but not 1st round talent.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regime would mean when he was in charge of player personnel as the GM.

MANGINI was the head coach, at no time was he given the ability to make personnel decisions. I dont get how you can possibly not understand this.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    It appears that the noted expert on Jet draft picks of the GREAT MANGINI ERA somehow thought that your reference to "boar hunter" referred to Wayne Hunter

go figure
    It's comical isn't it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post

go figure
    It's an honor and a privilege to represent the people of the New York Jets universe.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Regime would mean when he was in charge of player personnel as the GM.

MANGINI was the head coach, at no time was he given the ability to make personnel decisions. I dont get how you can possibly not understand this.
    Because the head coach has no say in the roster? That's why Bart Scott is still on the team right..