Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Now On The Fire Tanny Wagon.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    Those are veteran players who have had years to develop. Of course they're going to be better than the players we've recently drafted.
    They are all coincidentally in their 6th and 7th years on the team. Is there anyone on the team since then that really looks like they will reach this level of play? Coples, maybe? Those starts are aging and definitely from the Mangini era and that fact that they're not being replaced seems to indicate they have Mangini's stamp all over them.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    Tanny both hired Rex and picked the Jets personnel. Rex coaches the personnel. How the team performs is directly related to Tannenbaum's decision making.

Why does responsibility fail to fall on a guy who had one good draft six years ago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logic
    Would you consider Mo Wilkerson, jeremy kerley and kendrick ellis good players?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's tanny's job to draft players who can help the team win. it's not tanny's job to tell the HC who to play, who to sit and when to use which guys. that's the difference between the GM and HC/OC jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So when a player move works out its because of Tannebaum. But when a move doesn't work out its Rex's Fault. Got it.
    ^^^Fixed

However, who hired Rex?

Don't bother answering that

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    it's tanny's job to draft players who can help the team win. it's not tanny's job to tell the HC who to play, who to sit and when to use which guys. that's the difference between the GM and HC/OC jobs.
    The buck stop with the GM.

Period.

The GM selects everyone on the team or he selects the people who select everyone on the team which amounts to the same thing. When things go right he gets the credit and when they do not he gets the blame. Because he alone is ultimately responsible. If he picked the wrong guy to coach the talent he assembled then guess what. He is responsible.

He already managed to survive on HC purge by throwing Mangini under the bus and hoping that everyone would conveniently forget that Mangini was his personal selection for the job in the first place. Blaming Rex now just would not fly and nor should it.

Oh, and maybe Greene is playing over Powell and McKnight because they suck even more.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Would you consider Mo Wilkerson, jeremy kerley and kendrick ellis good players?
    Are you serious with this? That's the best you can come up with?

No- Not really, not by the standards that anyone successful would hold, what have they done for me lately? One decent game out of Kerley?

They have potential, but seriously, which one of them went to the probowl or even started last year?

^^^Fixed

However, who hired Rex?

Don't bother answering that
    Woody and Tanny.

Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    Blaming Rex now just would not fly and nor should it.

Oh, and maybe Greene is playing over Powell and McKnight because they suck even more.
    the HC can always be blamed.

while it's possible that powell and mcknight suck even more, this conclusion is not supported by the small sample of plays we've seen with powell.

No- Not really, not by the standards that anyone successful would hold, what have they done for me lately? One decent game out of Kerley?

They have potential, but seriously, which one of them went to the probowl or even started last year?
    Kerley didn't play well last season? Wilk had a damn good rookie season and was the starter. Did mangold or DBrick go to to pro bowl their rookie seasons?

All Pro
    Woody and Tanny.
    You're kidding, right?

Um, hello, welcome to earth. Wilkerson started all 16 games.

Clearly you know what you are talking about.

Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    You're kidding, right?
    So who did?

Wilk has been a good pick. I never denied that once. Kerley was a liability last year on special teams and provided nothing on offense, but OH HE HAD ONE GOOD GAME! (I do like Kerley, don't get me wrong), but the fact people think he has been a good pick is hilarious.Funny how none of you are getting on him for the fumble yesterday, but of course get on Landry. Ellis was inactive half the year last year, so the jury is still out.

Sweet post.

I hate to ruin this board with facts as opposed to whimsical rants, but....

1. Colin Baxter played because we lost mangold and his backup robert turner. I dont know many teams who have a solid 3rd string center.
    2. Tanny drafted mangold and revis - both of whom are the best at their position in the NFL.
    3. A scant 8 days ago, the player Tanny traded up for, had the best opening day performance for a rookie WR the leage has seen in years.
    4. In that same game, Tanny's 5th round pick from the previous year had a TD catch, TD punt return and was named NFL Special Teams player of the week.
    5. The RT "that was luck" held a $100 million FA signing to 0 sacks
    6. Great call on "depth" Garret McIntrye had 2 sacks - he was an UDFA that Tanny found BTW, filing in for BT, and the previous game, with Pouha out, his replacement, a 3rd round pick that looks like a gem, replaced him and didnt miss a beat.

Other then that, i completely agree
    LOL, just more proof that fans really don't know what the hell they are talking about, they just watch it/hear it on sports shows, they hear the spin on radio, and here on message boards, it sounds like a good rant, so go with it...

All Pro
    So who did?
    The owner needs to listen to the GM's football expertise. If he isn't, because the GM is not persuasive, it's the GM's fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    The owner needs to listen to the GM's football expertise. If he isn't, because the GM is not persuasive, it's the GM's fault.
    Ok. So I guess Woody also being in the interview didn't have a say or opinion on the matter. You're joking right.

Veteran
    Um, hello, welcome to earth. Wilkerson started all 16 games.

Clearly you know what you are talking about.
    Wilkerson is probably my favorite Jet- but I'm not going to actually sit here and say, because we drafted one guy two years ago, who yes did start all 16, our GM gets a mulligan on all of the other circus theatrics... which if I seriously have to get into, is a shame ...but on the other hand if I have to spell them out, I know I won't be having the conversation with guys like you in about two years when the Jets are back in rebuilding mode

Veteran
    BUMP

Tanny traded Jonathan Vilma

Sure could've used him yesterday....and Heath Miller for the touchdown

Man, Harris looked gassed, pretty sad.

How many hundred of points have our cement shoes linebackers cost us

Arguing with homers is like talking to a wall.

BUMP

Tanny traded Jonathan Vilma

Sure could've used him yesterday....and Heath Miller for the touchdown

Man, Harris looked gassed, pretty sad.

How many hundred of points have our cement shoes linebackers cost us
    What were your thoughts of Mangini as HC

And Einstein, Heath Miller was when Bradway was GM.