Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: I'm Now On The Fire Tanny Wagon.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Thanks. If that is true, Woody should have canned Tanny and Rex on the spot.

However JMO I can't see Rex saying they had to take Coples just because he "told Coples he would be the guy if he was there". Then again who can tell what Rex will say

Clinkscales, JMO, left to work with his buddy, McKenzie. A guy, i believe he played H.S. ball with, played and roomed with in college, and admitted they were in each others weddings.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    I found it odd that they were making him available for pressers. Not sure I have ever seen a director of scouting at a HC and GM press conference. I think they did it more than once.

Rex also told Coples that he was going to pick him. I am not going to get bent out of shape b.c of that but I can see where that might turn some scouts off.

His departure was a bit weird also. He was leaving, then he was staying, then he was leaving again. Like you said, he went to work for his friend but I found the situation with Clinkscales odd. Then there is Rex referring to picks as his picks or Tanny's picks. I can see where that can bother some scouts.

Not saying I agree with the other poster, who BTW got his info from Fatty b.c Fatty has discussed it several times since the draft, but I do think there was some smoke there.
    They've done that pre and post draft pressers at least the past few yrs. Clinkscales was in charge of college scouting.

Jets Insider VIP
    Clinkscales is best friends with McKenzie. Its no shocker that he left to work for him.
    Good thing to have a friend who will give you a job when you storm out on your employer in a huff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Good thing to have a friend who will give you a job when you storm out on your employer in a huff.
    To go to Oakland? I don't know about that

Banned
    When it comes to stupidity this team's fanbase never disappoints....

Thanks. If that is true, Woody should have canned Tanny and Rex on the spot.

However JMO I can't see Rex saying they had to take Coples just because he "told Coples he would be the guy if he was there". Then again who can tell what Rex will say

Clinkscales, JMO, left to work with his buddy, McKenzie. A guy, i believe he played H.S. ball with, played and roomed with in college, and admitted they were in each others weddings.
    I agree that Clinks had a perfect opportunity and wanted to work with mckenzie.

The thing that bothers me about this, is that I think Tanny listens to rex way too much about personnel, see john conner. Plus we all know that rex personally went to coples' workout (i have no idea if he attended any workouts for chandler jones or ingram, etc). Sure his opinion should count, and yes this is Rex and Tanny on the hook, but Rex is not and never should be a personnel guy as evidenced by the "A WR? Thats not a pick i would make" comment.....regardless of what stephen hill turns into, that was an excellent calculated risk of a pick at a position of need.

Overall, and im not advocating firing Rex, part of me wonders how seriously rex is taking the job of being a HC. Im not saying he isnt devising great defensive gameplans, or making the effort to get better, but comments like "bet against me" is not something that a NFL/CEO should say. You can "be yourself" at a job, without also doing every single thing the way you want. Ive said before that his loyalty and hubris could ultimately be his downfall if he doesnt learn to take this job less personally and while he isnt guaranteeing SBs, he also isnt really changing how he approaches the job.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    When it comes to stupidity this team's fanbase never disappoints....
    Why? Because we are tired of seeing teams like the cardinals and Seahawks go to a SB? Watch the basement team, The Patriots become a power player all while we do basically nothing?

How long have you been a fan? I'm guessing since the 90's.