Thread: One fact that everybody is missing

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

One fact that everybody is missing

While the Steelers might have less overall talent than the Jets, one thing needs to be understood.

They were desperate.

They had not started 0-2 in 10 years. Even LaMarr Woodley spoke about guaranteeing not being 0-2.

When a veteren team becomes desperate and add the fact that it was their home opener (of which they had a 9 game winning streak) the tables were against the Jets from the start.

There was no way the Jets were going to win that game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    While the Steelers might have less overall talent than the Jets, one thing needs to be understood.

They were desperate.

They had not started 0-2 in 10 years. Even LaMarr Woodley spoke about guaranteeing not being 0-2.

When a veteren team becomes desperate and add the fact that it was their home opener (of which they had a 9 game winning streak) the tables were against the Jets from the start.

LESS talent than the Jets really? Are you smoking while drinking the green juice?

Did you see the TE and WR plays. Great throws from ben.

Solid Defense.... WTF game were you watching?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    LESS talent than the Jets really? Are you smoking while drinking the green juice?

I agree with you but a lot people believe that the Jets are better than the Steelers. I was appeasing them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL.

Uses the word "fact" in the title and then goes on to talk about something that is intangible and impossible to measure. Basically pure opinion.

And then is completely blind to the actual tangible evidence.

Eck, you know better than that. C'mon.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fact of the matter is we were one muffed punt and a darrell revis away from winning that game. Every1 needs to relax the sky isn't falling we lost to a good team. Almost everyone in the Afc is 1-1 and oh yea it's only week 2 good news is we came out of that game with no injuries McIntyre might claim that starting role and we play the dolfags next week step off the edge people

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL.

Uses the word "fact" in the title and then goes on to talk about something that is intangible and impossible to measure. Basically pure opinion.

And then is completely blind to the actual tangible evidence.

Eck, you know better than that. C'mon.
    Psychology, my friend. I had this game pegged from the very beginning. Even with Revis I thought it would be a challenge to beat Pittsburgh at home.

Tangible evidence? Why would a player go out and basically guarantee that they would not start 0-2 if it wasn't on their minds?

Mind over matter. It's why a team like Arizona could go into Foxboro and beat New England.

And it is why a team desperate to avoid 0-2 would step it up against a team coming in for their home opener.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets are probably the weakest physically prepared team in the league.
    They are out of breath in third quarter
    Thats what I see.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irishxmafia View Post
    Fact of the matter is we were one muffed punt and a darrell revis away from winning that game. Every1 needs to relax the sky isn't falling we lost to a good team. Almost everyone in the Afc is 1-1 and oh yea it's only week 2 good news is we came out of that game with no injuries McIntyre might claim that starting role and we play the dolfags next week step off the edge people
    The muffed punt only really changed field position, which didnt really matter because offense was anemic after the 1st quarter. And to quote Bart Scott, the defense couldnt stop a nosebleed. 3rd down defense was excruciating to watch yesterday.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irishxmafia View Post
    Disagree, we were one receiver that can actually catch the ball away from winning that game. how many passes does Sanchez need to put on the hands of the receivers before they catch the ball.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    i'd also like to point out yet again, that 13 of 15 home teams have won this weekend so far. ironically the patriots were one of the two that lost. but it's tough to win road games, especially against tough veteran teams like the steelers. the jets needed to bring their A game in all phases yesterday and didn't. still they were down 13-10 at the half and got the ball to start the quarter. credit the steelers for realizing they could disrupt the jets offense by harrassing the jet wrs. i think those halftime adjustments were the deciding factor.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

They were desperate.

Of course ! I am still trying to figure out why we started our starters??

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cedk View Post
    Jets are probably the weakest physically prepared team in the league.
    They are out of breath in third quarter
    Thats what I see.
    Yeah but they all lost weight. The Jets are one step faster, but they still can't block, tackle or catch.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like

They were desperate.

Absolute BS!!!

We had a legitimate shot at winning that game.

We didnt execute, fumbles, blown coverages, penalites etc, a clean game by us and we win in this thing!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    Absolute BS!!!

We had a legitimate shot at winning that game.

We didnt execute, fumbles, blown coverages, penalites etc, a clean game by us and we win in this thing!
    the jets made mistakes on the road. 13 of 15 home teams won this weekend.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do the Steelers have less talent than us? They certainly don't at the most important position. Which player on the D we trotted out yesterday will even make the Pro Bowl this season? Were there any All-Pros in that unit? I didn't see any. How about on offense? Mangold? Anyone else?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Do the Steelers have less talent than us? They certainly don't at the most important position. Which player on the D we trotted out yesterday will even make the Pro Bowl this season? Were there any All-Pros in that unit? I didn't see any. How about on offense? Mangold? Anyone else?
    This.

I don't understand the people trying to act like the Steelers aren't a very good team.

Harrison being out was a loss for them, but I don't really think Polamalu was. I think he was their 3rd best defensive back last year, behind Clark and Taylor, and he didn't play a good game Denver last week (It will be at least another year until people realize this). They have the best group of linebackers in the league outside of San Francisco. Their D-line is old, but still very good. Their weakness is depth at corner, but it's not like we're deep at receiver. The only team with better receivers is Green Bay and they have a top 5-6 QB.

Weaknesses: corner depth, offensive line, running back (I don't even think much of Mendenhall)

How are we better than this team? We're not.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

right. ROTFLMFAO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were desperate and it was their home opener... We got the Steelers max effort.