Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Garrett McIntyre what do we have here?

Garrett McIntyre what do we have here?

7 tackles 2 sacks, liked his hustle and motor, was relentless whenever he was on the field. Hope Rex can get him more snaps...the only bright spot yesterday.

All League
    He was the bright spot yesterday. He looked fast, he blew up a few linemen, and not to mention he was the only one that could tackle big ben

where did this come from?

Rookie
    # 50 played with enthusiasm ! He and Tebow.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJet80 View Post
    He was the bright spot yesterday. He looked fast, he blew up a few linemen, and not to mention he was the only one that could tackle big ben

where did this come from?
    He got a chance to play

He earned himself a lot more playing time in the coming weeks, especially if Thomas is out. Maybin has done nothing.

McIntyre reminds me of a poor man's Clay Matthews.

He has played better than thomas and most of the Lb's on the team. As soon as Thomas is better he will ride the pine. Nice while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    He has played better than thomas and most of the Lb's on the team. As soon as Thomas is better he will ride the pine. Nice while it lasted.
    hopefully, scott and thomas aren't back next season.

All League
    He's a solid player for our 3-4 system that is nothing special and can be a serviceable starter for a game or two spot duty.

Parcells' Jets teams was full of guys like this: Chad Cascadden, Rick Lyle, DeWayne Gordon, Ernie Logan.

They get some nice stats b/c the opposing OLine isn't worried about guys like them and would rather focus on the Mo's and Po'Uhas of the defense & they'll take their chances with a McIntyre not getting the focus of the protection scheme.

Glad he stepped up, but he's just a blue-collar overachiever. Glad we have 'em, but nothing to write home about.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post

McIntyre reminds me of a poor man's Clay Matthews.
    haha, exactly what I said yesterday while we were watching the game

Quote Originally Posted by srobjets View Post
    Well if he repeats that performance next week in Miami Rex will have to play him some more.

He was the Jets best player yesterday. Can't blame his teammates for being slow since the defense never got off the field, but he was playing with a lot of speed and energy right to the last snap on D. I don't "get" to watch enough Jets games, but I was wondering where the heck this guy came from.

Made some nice plays.
    Perhaps the best being when he destroyed their RB for a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    hopefully, scott and thomas aren't back next season.
    Would think that would be a pretty safe bet, but remember who we're talking about here.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    He was the Jets best player yesterday. Can't blame his teammates for being slow since the defense never got off the field, but he was playing with a lot of speed and energy right to the last snap on D. I don't "get" to watch enough Jets games, but I was wondering where the heck this guy came from.
    The BENCH, which is where he'll go back once BT returns.

McIntyre did play a good "hustle" game, but his lack of athleticism was exposed a few times (especially against Rainey) and we are SCREWED if he were to be the everyday starter. He's a spot player who should shine in a back-up role with the occasional "Pump-up the D" play, but he's nothing more.

Jets Insider VIP
    I love Big Mac. Lets just hope they dont test him for steroids. The dudes totally juiced up.

The real question is...Where is Maybin? Dude has be invisible since training camp started. Very disappointed in him so far.

Undrafted Free Agent
    you know we've played a bad game when Garrett Mcintyre is the only shining light from our play

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboy927 View Post
    The real question is...Where is Maybin? Dude has be invisible since training camp started. Very disappointed in him so far.
    Working on his Hall of Fame speech.

Jets Insider VIP
    Where is Maybin?
    I cant recall even seeing him out there. Does anyone have a snap count on how many plays maybin has been in this year?

havent seen enough of him to render a decision but i like the speed and gutsy attitude he showed us yesterday.