Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Garrett McIntyre what do we have here?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mcintyre is what he is... The guy is 27 and has gotten plenty of snaps where everyone should have a good feel of his skillset.

He has decent strength and a good motor. Laterally he's pretty ahtletic, and that's what set him up to make some good plays on Ben. He simply had the athleticism to deal with Ben trying to shrug him off.

Where he's bad is that he's not the fastest guy in space and he also doesn't have overwhelming strength to make up for it.

Thomas is still better against the run but McIntyre is probably better against the pass. McIntyre will probably get more chances to rush the passer instead of Maybin due to the fact that Maybin has been pretty useless so far.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a shabby performance....... he by no means embarrassed himself.. made a big hit on running play along with his 2 sacks....

Hard to imagine him not earning a few extra game reps on that performance.....

BT is long in tooth anyway... this guy is servicable to plug in base package...

Would have expected to something from maybin...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mcintyre is what he is... The guy is 27 and has gotten plenty of snaps where everyone should have a good feel of his skillset.

He has decent strength and a good motor. Laterally he's pretty ahtletic, and that's what set him up to make some good plays on Ben. He simply had the athleticism to deal with Ben trying to shrug him off.

Where he's bad is that he's not the fastest guy in space and he also doesn't have overwhelming strength to make up for it.

Thomas is still better against the run but McIntyre is probably better against the pass. McIntyre will probably get more chances to rush the passer instead of Maybin due to the fact that Maybin has been pretty useless so far.
    Thanks for the pre-juiced scouting report on mcintyre. Now for the post juiced scouting report;

Super athleticism, fast as hell, strong as an ox. A clay matthews clone.

Play this man.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Apache 50?, I like that. Nah, too good to be true.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    Glad he stepped up, but he's just a blue-collar overachiever. Glad we have 'em, but nothing to write home about.
    Just call him a "white guy" and be done with it.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    finally got an opportunity and stepped up. unlike that "can't wait" disgrace, he actually passed tackling 101 in HS.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sackdance View Post
    Just call him a "white guy" and be done with it.
    LOL. Isn't Maybin an octoroon?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AceBoy View Post
    7 tackles 2 sacks, liked his hustle and motor, was relentless whenever he was on the field. Hope Rex can get him more snaps...the only bright spot yesterday.
    I was stunned by his game. He looked like a really good player. Now maybe this was just the game of his life and he can't duplicate it, but I think he's earned more playing time.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I was stunned by his game. He looked like a really good player. Now maybe this was just the game of his life and he can't duplicate it, but I think he's earned more playing time.
    Some are saying a washed up BT will replace McIntyre when he returns from his injury. McIntyre played damn good and deserves more playing time, Jets should start moving on from BT, he's all but done.

All League
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    He earned himself a lot more playing time in the coming weeks, especially if Thomas is out. Maybin has done nothing.

McIntyre reminds me of a poor man's Clay Matthews.
    I was going to say the same thing. In terms of motor, he had a lot of Clay Matthews in him.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    These young bucks better step up aside from Harris, they are old.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    he brings speed and athleticism to a slow and aging lb group.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas2No99 View Post
    The BENCH, which is where he'll go back once BT returns.

McIntyre did play a good "hustle" game, but his lack of athleticism was exposed a few times (especially against Rainey) and we are SCREWED if he were to be the everyday starter. He's a spot player who should shine in a back-up role with the occasional "Pump-up the D" play, but he's nothing more.
    Unfortunately, this can be said about all of the Jets starting LBs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny....everybody was saying he had no business being on the team about three weeks ago.

Fickle Jets fans, I guess.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He might turn out to be a nice player. I mean we are in desperate need for LB's who can move.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Thanks for the pre-juiced scouting report on mcintyre. Now for the post juiced scouting report;

Super athleticism, fast as hell, strong as an ox. A clay matthews clone.

Play this man.
    name me one nfl linebacker who doesnt juice

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    Maybin has done nothing.

McIntyre reminds me of a poor man's Clay Matthews.
    Amen! Could not have said it any better.

Maybin is done as a 'thing'. He just isn't physical enough to be a playmaker at this level. Perhaps they should try him at safety . . .

And McIntyre - jeez - made me want to buy his jersey. Great football speed shown yesterday - and some good instincts. He's 6'3" and 255 (same as Matthews) - so he's definitely fits the defense. I loved what I saw and hope to see more of it.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    Unfortunately, this can be said about all of the Jets starting LBs.
    yeah - as others have mentioned - whatever his limitations, he plays with a motor. At least so far this season; when's the last time we saw that out of a Jets LB???

More, please.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    havent seen enough of him to render a decision but i like the speed and gutsy attitude he showed us yesterday.
    That will take him a long way. 2 sacks of the rapist has to count for something which is more than can be said for invisible mayhem

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Funny....everybody was saying he had no business being on the team about three weeks ago.

Fickle Jets fans, I guess.
    i think most fans like myself forgot what it was like to see a lb here hit like he did play like he did and have the speed like he did.