Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Random Comments

  1. #1
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    309
    Post Thanks / Like

    Random Comments

    • Our running game is easy to defend, jam the middle and we can’t get to the outside no speed with the guys we use.
    • Whenever they showed a downfield shot none of our receivers were open.
    • They made the hard catches and we couldn’t even make the easy ones. Holmes once again came up small when we needed him.
    • The hit to the head of Sanchez was planned (IMO), cheap and we did nothing about it.
    • How many times are we going to face Big Ben and have the same thing happen? He absolutely kills us on 3rd down. Message to Jets try slowing down on Big Ben and don’t go for kill shots, just grab him for starters.
    • Do we have to play the Steelers every game in Pittsburg?
    • Everyone here knows we needed a RB and that wasn’t addressed. We got lucky at TE and RT filling those holes but RB was never addressed. Until the run is respected we are in trouble. Especially now that the Steeler blueprint will be used.
    • Lastly, we better win the Miami game or look out.

  2. #2
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheap hit on Sanchez. NFL fine will surely be administered.
    My wife, who knows little about football, made this random comment.
    "Pittsburgh plays like thugs, and their coach looks like one."

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    16,718
    Post Thanks / Like
    I told you year 5,6 or 7. Patience.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    Cheap hit on Sanchez. NFL fine will surely be administered.
    My wife, who knows little about football, made this random comment.
    "Pittsburgh plays like thugs, and their coach looks like one."

    She's just afraid of minorities. bro.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HitSomeone41 View Post
    She's just afraid of minorities. bro.
    Afraid of herself???

  6. #6
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,482
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    Afraid of herself???
    Haha touche

  7. #7
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ (Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Posts
    35,734
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfanfromthestart View Post
    • Our running game is easy to defend, jam the middle and we can’t get to the outside no speed with the guys we use.
    • Whenever they showed a downfield shot none of our receivers were open.
    • They made the hard catches and we couldn’t even make the easy ones. Holmes once again came up small when we needed him.
    • The hit to the head of Sanchez was planned (IMO), cheap and we did nothing about it.
    • How many times are we going to face Big Ben and have the same thing happen? He absolutely kills us on 3rd down. Message to Jets try slowing down on Big Ben and don’t go for kill shots, just grab him for starters.
    • Do we have to play the Steelers every game in Pittsburg?
    • Everyone here knows we needed a RB and that wasn’t addressed. We got lucky at TE and RT filling those holes but RB was never addressed. Until the run is respected we are in trouble. Especially now that the Steeler blueprint will be used.
    Lastly, we better win the Miami game or look out.
    If the Jets lose to Miami this board will look at lot different on Monday morning!


































  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    im not sure our running game is a product of greene not being fast enough, when i watch him run he seems to have very little patience actually looking for a hole to run through. A lot of times when you watch him he'll just run smack dab into the backs of our offensive lineman where the hole should be, instead of looking for an opening somewhere else, making a cut, and going upfield. He tries to be too much of a bruiser and just throws his body into the pile instead of looking for other places to run the ball, including keepin his eyes open for cutback lanes.

    in terms of our passing game, i have no idea when or why we have completely abandoned the screen pass. i cant remember the last time we attempted a screen against a team that was going to blitz us heavily. little things like that are great plays to get the offense back into a rhythm.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lima Zulu
    Posts
    6,565
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    Afraid of herself???

    Yes. Ask her.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    31
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just realized I had the terms of the Giants game bet with Francesa backwards.

    The fact that they won means that he gets to watch his wife give me a coffee enema.

  11. #11
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebetfan80 View Post
    im not sure our running game is a product of greene not being fast enough, when i watch him run he seems to have very little patience actually looking for a hole to run through. A lot of times when you watch him he'll just run smack dab into the backs of our offensive lineman where the hole should be, instead of looking for an opening somewhere else, making a cut, and going upfield. He tries to be too much of a bruiser and just throws his body into the pile instead of looking for other places to run the ball, including keepin his eyes open for cutback lanes.

    in terms of our passing game, i have no idea when or why we have completely abandoned the screen pass. i cant remember the last time we attempted a screen against a team that was going to blitz us heavily. little things like that are great plays to get the offense back into a rhythm.
    Good point on the screen pass. However, even the safety valve pass yesterday - a 6 yard toss was off by 3 yards.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,174
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flight_13 View Post
    Cheap hit on Sanchez. NFL fine will surely be administered.
    My wife, who knows little about football, made this random comment.
    "Pittsburgh plays like thugs, and their coach looks like one."
    Would love to know what about this appearance (other than the dark skin of course) says "thug":



    Or maybe it'd be better if he walked around with a smile on his face like most NFL coaches.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    1,074
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Would love to know what about this appearance (other than the dark skin of course) says "thug":



    Or maybe it'd be better if he walked around with a smile on his face like most NFL coaches.
    We always joke about how pretty he is and how he probably gets a quick edge up in the tunnel before each half.

  14. #14
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    249B
    Posts
    322
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jets control there own destiny.... Oh it's only week 3 lol

  15. #15
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Toms River NJ
    Posts
    493
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebetfan80 View Post
    im not sure our running game is a product of greene not being fast enough, when i watch him run he seems to have very little patience actually looking for a hole to run through. A lot of times when you watch him he'll just run smack dab into the backs of our offensive lineman where the hole should be, instead of looking for an opening somewhere else, making a cut, and going upfield. He tries to be too much of a bruiser and just throws his body into the pile instead of looking for other places to run the ball, including keepin his eyes open for cutback lanes.

    in terms of our passing game, i have no idea when or why we have completely abandoned the screen pass. i cant remember the last time we attempted a screen against a team that was going to blitz us heavily. little things like that are great plays to get the offense back into a rhythm.

    Thanks #80 my thoughts exactly...

    As far as my Random Thoughts ...........................

    Previous posts earlier in the season said it all. Rex and Tanny focus on the D 1st and the O whenever. They have done very little to to give Sanchez any legit help. No RB NO WR NO RT .... Thanks..
    Holmes ??? Total A hole who should have been on the bus a year ago. I didn't get to see what he did in the postgame interview but apparently he showed nothing has changed.
    Rex ??? Wheres the D buddy ?? Revis or No Revis nice work on all those 3rd downs...
    Landry -- The big white lines on the sideline mean don't touch - back off.. Luv the attitude but use your damm head dude.
    Sprano -- Sh**heimer sends his regards " I couldn't have done it better myself" .. Way to go buddy... What happened after the 1st drive?

    Yes I'm disapointed but hell we're 1 and 1 along with just about everybody else. Here's hoping that they get a very big wake call while in the Film room today and kick some Fish butt this weekend.... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

  16. #16
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Houston. TX
    Posts
    59
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Would love to know what about this appearance (other than the dark skin of course) says "thug":



    Or maybe it'd be better if he walked around with a smile on his face like most NFL coaches.
    Lets see... shades, scowl, and the fist greeting after the illegal hit on Sanchez. By the way, their previous coach looked like a thug too. Nothing to do with skin color. Where are the Landry's, the Dungee's the Jimmy Johnson's, and the Woody Hayes' today?

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,110
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave View Post
    Would love to know what about this appearance (other than the dark skin of course) says "thug":



    Or maybe it'd be better if he walked around with a smile on his face like most NFL coaches.
    Dump ... All the guy on this board wish we looked so thuggish.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us