Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A fraud has been perpetuated on the Jets’ fan base

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsCrazey View Post
    Tackling is a big issue.

Also our OLBs don't play with a motor. This team needs a top tier 3-4 OLB and that better be a 1st or 2nd round pick next year.

Both our starting safeties are FAs after this year so you can pretty much guarantee the secondary will be worse next year. Are you ready for Eric Smith back in the starting lineup?
    +1 Saw that A LOT! Trying to tackle Big Ben on the upper body??!!? Gimmie a break.

That being said, it was week 2 and we had no Revis or Keller so fix those 3 things, and it may have been a different outcome.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Oh absolutely, SOJF. I'm SAR l with a filter.

Thats why I dont post immediately following games or during them iffin I can help it. Nobody needs to hear it and I dont do it very well.

I dont put dresses on pigs.

-
    Only sheep. Oops, did I say that out loud?!?!?!

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    The Pats have also won more Super Bowls than the Jets have been to.
    Stay on topic please, we're discussing THIS season, not ancient history.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GuidoYaztremski View Post
    *** = HISTORIC?

True that, the most historic run of luck I've ever seen!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JonEJet View Post
    You do realize your Pats lost to the Cupcake Cardinals, right?
    Apparently they were not cupcakes, that is for sure. I know I didn't give them any respect. But they now have won 10 of their last 12 games and are tied for the best record in the NFL since the mid point of last year.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Apparently they were not cupcakes, that is for sure. I know I didn't give them any respect. But they now have won 10 of their last 12 games and are tied for the best record in the NFL since the mid point of last year.
    Yeah, they aren't cupcakes BUT it took a kicker who has been dependable to miss a chip shot for them to win. (God, can't believe I'm defending the *Pats)

I'd say they may be a bit better than a cupcake, a cinnamon bun perhaps?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Yeah, they aren't cupcakes BUT it took a kicker who has been dependable to miss a chip shot for them to win. (God, can't believe I'm defending the *Pats)

I'd say they may be a bit better than a cupcake, a cinnamon bun perhaps?
    Better than Girl Scout Cookies?

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    Better than Girl Scout Cookies?
    No, never..........

Practice Squad
    Oswego County, Upstate NY, USA with my wife and family.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Welcome to the club. I think it comes with age. I ve been thinking of a new thread or poll about how old we are as fans. My theory is...in general, guys like you and I have been through it since about 1980. From 87 to 97 we basically have a lost decade.

These younger fans, say 34 and under go back to about 1997 in REAL memory,and have a relatively pretty good record. # AFC champ games etc...

If you go back to say 72 and after, we have been so heart broken , so many times, we are running out of time. I REFUSE to drink kool aid. I see what I see and the Cards and Seahawks have BEEN to a SB, the PATS have LOST more than we have been to.

One of my earliest painful Jet fan memories was the Mud Bowl. I've been a Jets fan since the late-70s/early-80s, so I guess I'm in that first group you mention.

Still, I see this team as having potential. The pass rushers must develop, Revis must get healthy, and the passing attack must not wilt at the slightest sign of a little bump-and-run coverage. Even if the refs don't call it after 5 yards, they gotta' fight through it. Keller getting healthy and Hill growing should help. Running game is still a question mark, as Greene doesn't change direction well and while it's cool to see that he loves to collide with defenders, he always seems to get up slower than the guy he collided with.

Panic after losing one road game (in one of the very hardest buildings to get wins in, where we didn't get calls after the 2nd quarter, our best defensive player was DNP, and one of our best offensive players was DNP) isn't time to panic. My God, people! Now, losing a few games in a row to teams we're supposed to beat, getting swept by the Pats, looking flat on both sides of the ball and looking UGLY while we do it? That's reason to panic. 1-1 after 2 games. If someone before the season started would say to me, "would you take 1-1 and the Pats 1-1 with a home loss to the Cards while your loss was at Pitt where you showed signs before the refs shut yu down (like they do to every team in Pitt)?" then I'D TAKE IT IN A HEARTBEAT. This Miami game will be a good test... facing a young team on the road in likely a hot stadium... we'll see more as the season progresses.

Unbridled panic after one tough road loss in Pittsburgh or unbridled sense of invicibility after the 1st game crushing the Bills are both incredibly stupid. We aren't as great as that win and aren't as bad at that loss. Shake out of it and support the team. If this season collapses, then you guys have something to complain about. Being a cancer and *****ing and whining DURING THE SEASON IS SELF-DEFEATING AND STUPID. Please people.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    A young, athletic, fast defense with 3 rookie starters, versus an old, slow defense that can't make a play in crunch time with the game on the line?

Yea, I'm sure all the GM's and HC's would prefer the Jets defense.

Keep telling yourself the Jets defense is elite.
    Great job in crunch time by the pats D