Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Where was Coples?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    is that also why they use greene for 11 carries and 23 yards while mcknight got more than half of those yards on only 1 carry?

i have to say i'm tired of rex's personnel decisions. tanny drafts the players but doesn't decide how much, if and when they play. the jets needed all the talent and athleticism against the steelers and could have used powell and coples instead of greene and dixon (who essentially didn't make the team).

as far as i'm concerned, rex's decisions are subject to criticism. he's not above reproach and should be as responsible for the failures as the GM, OC or anyone else.
    Great point about McKnight. I am disgusted with how little REX uses McKnight. He probably will be another Woodhead ! They will get rid of him and he will go onto to play well elsewhere.

Coples needs to play. His athleticism alone deserves a chance.

He will not learn sitting on the sidelines.

His height may have helped against Ben.

You can not compare him to Peppers and then not put him on the field.

Maybe he was not looking good in practice, last week.

Some guys are better gameday players than practice players. We will not know until he see's some time on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post

Some guys are better gameday players than practice players. We will not know until he see's some time on the field.
    How anyone can believe one thing that comes out of Rex' mouth at this point is beyond me. He is becoming un-listenable.......

Roethlisberger actually slipped out of a Coples sack, if that makes anyone feel better.

I like Rex,

He has been a breath of fresh air for this hapless organization. 2 AFCCG in 3 years, The Jets have not sniffed that game since 98. Took them 11 years to get back to it and before that it took 17. If it was not for Cromartie's inability to tackle Victor Cruz. He would have had a 3rd chance. Herm had a shot, but his stubbornness to get a few extra yards with Jordan cost him a chance at the Patriots.

So before Rex it took The Jets 28 years to go to AFCCG game twice it took Rex 2 to equal that total.

It was Rex that got The Jets back to that game. Indy may have laid down, but he still had to win 2 playoff games to get to that game in both years.

What head coach have the Jets had in 42 years that has given them the chance to do what Rex has done in 3. To give Parcells a pass, he may have done it, if Vinny does not go down, game 1 in '99. May have to give Michaels a pass also if he was not drunk on a plane. He also may have had a shot.

I have the answer, None.

Cut the dude some slack. He is the best coach this organization has had since Parcells. There were 4 in the middle if you include 1 day Belichick.

If everyone hates Rex so much who would you bring in ?

Cowher
    Gruden LOL
    Dungee LOL

Some young hot shot coordinator/college guru somewhere ?

Who? If so what are your reasons?

It is not Rex, I think they need a change up top and that would be Mike T. The bean counter and non talent evaluator.

This was in response to Copernicus.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Agree on all points

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Seems quick but the question with him is his head. Does he bring it on every down the way the great ones do. I suspect not but we wont know until we see him play for a year or two.
    Rookies dream of greatness; some rookies have greatness demanded of them.

At 22, were you ready to be the stud in your organization?

Not playing Coples...to me this was more of a discipline decision, rather then him being too light. Maybe more of that "woe is me" look was there in practice this week. So maybe Rex is sending him a message.

Coples needs the reps...all that he can get. It doesn't matter if he gets schooled some. He can't learn from his mistakes...and get better...standing on the sidelines.

At this stage of his development...if Coples flashes in a play or two each game before the bye. Then there's a decent chance that he can do more in the second half of the season. Quinton could be a difference maker in a game or two...in that stretch run end of the season.

In his first game against the Bills...Coples penetrated into the backfield, and tackled the ball carrier for a loss. The more reps and experience Coples can get now...the better chance he has to be a more frequent penetrator. Getting a crucial TFL or sack in some later games.

Next year will be a better barometer of how good he can be. Just like Wilk and Kenrick...Coples needs the offseason program to make significant strides forward. Working on his strength and conditioning. Studying film and taking in the coaching, to refine his technique.

If Coples has the work ethic and attitude to put in the time...he could be very good starting next year. We'll just have to wait and see.

But for now...Coples needs to play. And keep flashing. Reps and experience could take care of the rest.

All Pro
    With DeVito and Pouha getting most of the snaps we once again fall back to our old problems... no pass rush, no athletisism and no push... both are good players but our defense needs athletisism up front...

Jets Insider VIP
    Once we settle in in a starting rotation of Wilk Ellis and Q the front line will start to finally make the noise weve been hoping for.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by RIJetFan View Post
    Hardly seemed to play at all. Sorry if this has been covered but I'm too damn depressed to read all these threads.
    Where was the rest of the Jets team? Where was the Coaching and the Offensive play-calling? Where were the points? Where was Teblow?

I like Rex,

He has been a breath of fresh air for this hapless organization. 2 AFCCG in 3 years, The Jets have not sniffed that game since 98. Took them 11 years to get back to it and before that it took 17. If it was not for Cromartie's inability to tackle Victor Cruz. He would have had a 3rd chance. Herm had a shot, but his stubbornness to get a few extra yards with Jordan cost him a chance at the Patriots.

So before Rex it took The Jets 28 years to go to AFCCG game twice it took Rex 2 to equal that total.

It was Rex that got The Jets back to that game. Indy may have laid down, but he still had to win 2 playoff games to get to that game in both years.

What head coach have the Jets had in 42 years that has given them the chance to do what Rex has done in 3. To give Parcells a pass, he may have done it, if Vinny does not go down, game 1 in '99. May have to give Michaels a pass also if he was not drunk on a plane. He also may have had a shot.

I have the answer, None.

Cut the dude some slack. He is the best coach this organization has had since Parcells. There were 4 in the middle if you include 1 day Belichick.

If everyone hates Rex so much who would you bring in ?

Cowher
    Gruden LOL
    Dungee LOL

Some young hot shot coordinator/college guru somewhere ?

Who? If so what are your reasons?

It is not Rex, I think they need a change up top and that would be Mike T. The bean counter and non talent evaluator.

This was in response to Copernicus.
    Thanks Suffering.

I cant say I agree. You cant build championships through words, and are all that Rex does. He made it to 2 Championship games 2 years in a row but you have to admit that we received MAJOR help from other teams just to get into the playoffs. Flash forward to the present and just yesterday he dares the media to "go ahead, bet on our defense." He is a fraud. He has the nerve to bully reporters at his presser about the D against the Steelers? Great defensive mind as DC but as a HC he has done very little to improve. The Steeler game was an absolute joke. He shouts about how aggressive he is and to play like a JET and takes a knee with 1:00 and 2 TOs? Punts down 2 scores late in the 4th? HIS D comes up small AGAIN in big moments? Santonio Holmes is still on this team? Coples doesnt play because the Steeler OLINE is too big? Tebow?

I seriously am beginning to laugh at his pathetic excuses.

The fans deserve much more.
    Last edited by copernicus; 09-19-2012 at 08:52 AM.

My goodness, after over 40 years of following the Jets, I consider myself a bit of a darksider. Yet, after reading some of the posts here, after losing just one ROAD game to a bigger, stronger, group of players who have been together with the same group of coaches for many more years then the Jets, I am starting to feel like a blind simshiner. Lighten up all you Frances, give it a chance to play out a little bit before you so ready to throw the babies and the bath water out and start the cycle all over again !

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by detectivekimble View Post
    Roethlisberger actually slipped out of a Coples sack, if that makes anyone feel better.
    No because he was only in for a handful of plays, and he got to the QB. Should have been in more. He has made plays when he was in. He's also been out of position a few times, but he's only going to learn by getting snaps.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    My goodness, after over 40 years of following the Jets, I consider myself a bit of a darksider. Yet, after reading some of the posts here, after losing just one ROAD game to a bigger, stronger, group of players who have been together with the same group of coaches for many more years then the Jets, I am starting to feel like a blind simshiner. Lighten up all you Frances, give it a chance to play out a little bit before you so ready to throw the babies and the bath water out and start the cycle all over again !
    Don't worry. These are all the same culprits that have been just dying for an excuse. No one has jumped ship.

no telling why any player plays or doesn't play. imo landry should have been pulled for a play after his penalty. but i doubt if coples could have improved the pass rush the jets got on roethlisberger. face it, roethlisberger is very slippery and can shrug off tacklers.

Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    No because he was only in for a handful of plays, and he got to the QB. Should have been in more. He has made plays when he was in. He's also been out of position a few times, but he's only going to learn by getting snaps.
    Hammer, meet nail.

Quote Originally Posted by fltflo View Post
    Its not just game 2. This has been building. They made it to 2 Championship games in seasons where there were losses to teams were the REX RYAN JETS just didnt show up. They recieved a gift from the Colts with sitting Manning. The JETS run in the playoff was great, I give them credit. Other than both playoff runs there are MAJOR things to criticize. It's the lack of conventional leadership and professionalism that bothers me. In what world does Santonio Holmes have a starting spot after quitting on the field? Only under Rex' JETS. Its such a joke, the fans that deserve more. Its all talk, its all a show, there is no substance. I truly feel for the fans and SOME players.
    Last edited by copernicus; 09-19-2012 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Its not just game 2. This has been building. They made it to 2 Championship games in seasons where there were losses to teams were the REX RYAN JETS just didnt show up. They recieved a gift from the Colts with sitting Manning. The JETS run in the playoff was great, I give them credit. Other than both playoff runs there are MAJOR things to criticize. It's the lack of conventional leadership and professionalism that bothers me. In what world does Santonio Holmes have a starting spot after quitting on the field? Only under Rex' JETS. Its such a joke, the fans that deserve more. Its all talk, its all a show, there is no substance. I truly feel for the fans AND PLAYERS.
    or in what world in Holmes made captain and given a HUGE deal.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    or in what world in Holmes made captain and given a HUGE deal.
    To make it worse, instead of reprimanding Holmes, Ryan says he now just doesnt believe in captains. Guess he didnt want to hurt Santonio's feelings?

:rolleyes