Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 94 of 94

Thread: Where was Coples?

  1. #81
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,522
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    I like Rex,

    He has been a breath of fresh air for this hapless organization. 2 AFCCG in 3 years, The Jets have not sniffed that game since 98. Took them 11 years to get back to it and before that it took 17. If it was not for Cromartie's inability to tackle Victor Cruz. He would have had a 3rd chance. Herm had a shot, but his stubbornness to get a few extra yards with Jordan cost him a chance at the Patriots.

    So before Rex it took The Jets 28 years to go to AFCCG game twice it took Rex 2 to equal that total.

    It was Rex that got The Jets back to that game. Indy may have laid down, but he still had to win 2 playoff games to get to that game in both years.

    What head coach have the Jets had in 42 years that has given them the chance to do what Rex has done in 3. To give Parcells a pass, he may have done it, if Vinny does not go down, game 1 in '99. May have to give Michaels a pass also if he was not drunk on a plane. He also may have had a shot.

    I have the answer, None.

    Cut the dude some slack. He is the best coach this organization has had since Parcells. There were 4 in the middle if you include 1 day Belichick.

    If everyone hates Rex so much who would you bring in ?

    Cowher
    Gruden LOL
    Dungee LOL

    Some young hot shot coordinator/college guru somewhere ?

    Who? If so what are your reasons?

    It is not Rex, I think they need a change up top and that would be Mike T. The bean counter and non talent evaluator.

    This was in response to Copernicus.
    This guy!!! Chip Kelly!!!
    http://www.brian-roth.com/wp-content...hip_kelly1.jpg

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    I suspect he was over-hyped, leading to the everyday fan having very high expectations for him. I suspect that he will be a serviceable player but not a great one.
    Seriously? It is his 2nd game as a pro and you already suspect he will just be a servceable player? Wow. If you are that good, please give me the Megamillions numbers for this week.

  3. #83
    All Pro
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Huntersville, NC
    Posts
    6,230
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    That's dumb if true. You can't sit a player who you took at #16 because he's not big enough. Should've lined him up at DE.
    ....or not drafted him

  4. #84
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,224
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetinHuntersville View Post
    ....or not drafted him
    that would apply to so many players the last 3 years you would need 2 hands to count them all and run out of fingers.

  5. #85
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffering View Post
    I like Rex,

    He has been a breath of hot air for this hapless organization.
    Fixed that for ya.

    He's a fine DC, but he's in way over his head as a HC, a leader, a talent evaluator and a game manager. Copernicus has explained it well enough: He's all talk, little substance. He's self-centered -- everything has to revolve around him. How often have we heard him say "I beat so-and-so" in his press conferences, or proclaim his own greatness as a coach. All that boasting is a cover for an insecure man who always plays not-to-lose in key situations.

  6. #86
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayRay View Post
    Fixed that for ya.

    He's a fine DC, but he's in way over his head as a HC, a leader, a talent evaluator and a game manager. Copernicus has explained it well enough: He's all talk, little substance. He's self-centered -- everything has to revolve around him. How often have we heard him say "I beat so-and-so" in his press conferences, or proclaim his own greatness as a coach. All that boasting is a cover for an insecure man who always plays not-to-lose in key situations.
    And Belichick was the antithesis of Rex in the media whilst in Cleveland, but otherwise had the same things said about him. Media all but ran him out of town because they felt he was an insufferable bore (as opposed to the boor you feel Rex is).

  7. #87
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has he even gotten a sack yet? I really thought he would have at least one by now. It is slightly disappointing. If this kid doesn't work out I'd have to change my favorable opinion of Tanny and his drafting abilities. These bad drafts seem to be stacking up on us now.

  8. #88
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,521
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    Has he even gotten a sack yet? I really thought he would have at least one by now. It is slightly disappointing. If this kid doesn't work out I'd have to change my favorable opinion of Tanny and his drafting abilities. These bad drafts seem to be stacking up on us now.
    We're two (2) games into the season and the thread you are posting in is about the lack of playing time by Coples. Were you expecting him to rack up a sack riding the bench?

  9. #89
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    We're two (2) games into the season and the thread you are posting in is about the lack of playing time by Coples. Were you expecting him to rack up a sack riding the bench?
    He's seen playing time, dingbat.

    Based on his preseason, you would have at least thought he'd be making some noise. He hasn't made any. With the lack of playing time he's getting it doesn't give anyone confidence the kid can play.

    Even if he's still suffering from lack of stamina/inability to finish games, the universal solution for that is to get him out on the field early in games and see how long he can last, taking him out before he starts to get severely pushed around. Sprinkled in with a lot of visits to the team nutritionists and an exercise regiment. If that's happening, it isn't getting the team any return.

    So no I am not expecting Julius Peppers, but I was at least expecting more than what we've seen. Not unreasonable to expect.

  10. #90
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    He's seen playing time, dingbat.

    Based on his preseason, you would have at least thought he'd be making some noise. He hasn't made any. With the lack of playing time he's getting it doesn't give anyone confidence the kid can play.

    Even if he's still suffering from lack of stamina/inability to finish games, the universal solution for that is to get him out on the field early in games and see how long he can last, taking him out before he starts to get severely pushed around. Sprinkled in with a lot of visits to the team nutritionists and an exercise regiment. If that's happening, it isn't getting the team any return.

    So no I am not expecting Julius Peppers, but I was at least expecting more than what we've seen. Not unreasonable to expect.
    On your second day hunting how many deer did you kill?

    Some fans are complete morons.

  11. #91
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    13,130
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by child please View Post
    On your second day hunting how many deer did you kill?

    Some fans are complete morons.
    You must be referring to yourself comparing deer hunting to playing QB in the NFL.

  12. #92
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainejet View Post
    You must be referring to yourself comparing deer hunting to playing QB in the NFL.
    No, I was clearly talking about you.

  13. #93
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    283
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex won't play Coples when there's a perfectly good older slower veteran stud like Dixon on our roster

  14. #94
    Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,557
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry and can't read thru all these posts but the reason why Coples was held out in my opinion is because he's not ready to play against certain teams like the Steelers. Did anyone watch the game on Sunday? It was down & dirty. The Steelers are a dirty team and Rex had to adjust his players accordingly. Coples is too green to try and take Rothlesberger down by his nutsack. Calvin Pace came close though, lol.

    I'll bet this week against Miami will include a shuffle of players and who knows, maybe Coples will be in there. Looking forward to the game on Sunday.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us