Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: 2 positives to take from Sunday: Malone and Howard

  1. #1
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like

    2 positives to take from Sunday: Malone and Howard

    Malone>T.J Conley - Liked the way he punted yesterday. Great hang time and consistent. He is definitely an upgrade from BJ Cantpunt

    Howard>Turnstile - Is this even a question? He might have beat a couple times bc they timed the snap count, but this guy is light years better than Turnstile. Doing a good job of run-blocking and his pass-protection has been solid against two of the best pass rushers in the league.

    If these guys can do this for a full season, it might be the difference in making the playoffs or not. If not then it's off with Tanny's head

  2. #2
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Malone>T.J Conley - Liked the way he punted yesterday. Great hang time and consistent. He is definitely an upgrade from BJ Cantpunt

    Howard>Turnstile - Is this even a question? He might have beat a couple times bc they timed the snap count, but this guy is light years better than Turnstile. Doing a good job of run-blocking and his pass-protection has been solid against two of the best pass rushers in the league.

    If these guys can do this for a full season, it might be the difference in making the playoffs or not. If not then it's off with Tanny's head
    yeah..punter and a lineman? What else?

  3. #3
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    yeah..punter and a lineman? What else?
    McIntyre played well!

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,044
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes he did. It was nice to see someone with legs at the LB position.

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    yeah..punter and a lineman? What else?
    Those are two significant upgrades in two key positions so there is room for optimism. Cmon can you imagine if we had to start turnstile? The season is over. The guy was unplayable in my opinion and it would have been a huge problem for the run game and the passing game. Look, I'm not gonna blow smoke up everyone's ass and say it was a positive day, but the way I see it Austin Howard may save our season.

    By the way, the reason we lost yesterday was bc of the pittsburgh db's and their super aggressive coverage they played on our wr's after the first drive. The refs weren't calling **** against them and they took advantage by holding our wr's for ten yards slowing down our pass routes and screwing up the timing of our throws. Pitt took adv of the refs and we didn't, that's was the difference.

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Boca Raton, FL
    Posts
    10,073
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    If these guys can do this for a full season, it might be the difference in making the playoffs or not. If not then it's off with Tanny's head
    LOL

    Sanchez eh suck it up.
    Holmes drop everything.
    Landry, commit as many 15 yarders you'd like.

    But don't worry we'll squeak into the playoffs thanks to the play of our Tackle and Punter, lol dude.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sold on the punter yet, but definitely seems better than Conley. True test will be latter half of the season in Jersey. Howard has also looked good so far - let's see if he can make it to week 6 as he has three more tough tests on the horizon.

    I think the TE situation is light years ahead of where it was the last few years. Reuland and Cumberland actually present a receiving threat in addition to solid (if unspectacular) blocking skills. Neither is a #1, but when Keller comes back I'm hopeful that the Jets can do some actual damage in a two-TE set.

    Powell is one other bright spot - this team gets better by default if he can somehow wrestle the starting spot away from Greene.

  8. #8
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida
    Posts
    12,695
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Those are two significant upgrades in two key positions so there is room for optimism. Cmon can you imagine if we had to start turnstile? The season is over. The guy was unplayable in my opinion and it would have been a huge problem for the run game and the passing game. Look, I'm not gonna blow smoke up everyone's ass and say it was a positive day, but the way I see it Austin Howard may save our season.

    By the way, the reason we lost yesterday was bc of the pittsburgh db's and their super aggressive coverage they played on our wr's after the first drive. The refs weren't calling **** against them and they took advantage by holding our wr's for ten yards slowing down our pass routes and screwing up the timing of our throws. Pitt took adv of the refs and we didn't, that's was the difference.
    If true, why didn't REX act like a HC and complain to the refs? I think we were plain out-toughed and out-hit! They were very physical while we talk a great battle.

  9. #9
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    LOL

    Sanchez eh suck it up.
    Holmes drop everything.
    Landry, commit as many 15 yarders you'd like.

    But don't worry we'll squeak into the playoffs thanks to the play of our Tackle and Punter, lol dude.
    and the prayers of the kool aid drinkers on this site....

  10. #10
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
    LOL

    Sanchez eh suck it up.
    Holmes drop everything.
    Landry, commit as many 15 yarders you'd like.

    But don't worry we'll squeak into the playoffs thanks to the play of our Tackle and Punter, lol dude.

    I don't know if you know much about football, but having a RT that can block is pretty important (ex. 2011 NY Jets).

    And having a punter that is consistent and able to turn field position, pin the ball inside the ten yard line is crucial esp for a defensive minded team.

    Never said it would be the difference, I said it could be the difference. Depending on other variables obviously.

  11. #11
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,334
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post

    If these guys can do this for a full season, it might be the difference in making the playoffs or not. If not then it's off with Tanny's head
    Malone is the league MVP at this point. Sneak in? We in!!!


  12. #12
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    154
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    If true, why didn't REX act like a HC and complain to the refs? I think we were plain out-toughed and out-hit! They were very physical while we talk a great battle.
    Good question, maybe he did and we did not see it. They definitely were the more aggressive team, but I thought we played an aggressive style in certain areas but we were a little out of control i.e Landry. Our corners did not get physical with those guys, we played more zone and it killed us. We should have gotten physical with their wr's just like they did with us. The refs are not calling **** you can get away with a lot of holding out their. They held our guys the WHOLE ****ing game and they got away with it. Could it have been a little home-cooking? Maybe but I just think Tomlin/Lebaeu out coached us plain and simple.

  13. #13
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    6,114
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Malone>T.J Conley - Liked the way he punted yesterday. Great hang time and consistent. He is definitely an upgrade from BJ Cantpunt

    Howard>Turnstile - Is this even a question? He might have beat a couple times bc they timed the snap count, but this guy is light years better than Turnstile. Doing a good job of run-blocking and his pass-protection has been solid against two of the best pass rushers in the league.

    If these guys can do this for a full season, it might be the difference in making the playoffs or not. If not then it's off with Tanny's head
    Was not the same defense ... No Troy or Harrison.

  14. #14
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,043
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    I don't know if you know much about football, but having a RT that can block is pretty important (ex. 2011 NY Jets).

    And having a punter that is consistent and able to turn field position, pin the ball inside the ten yard line is crucial esp for a defensive minded team.

    Never said it would be the difference, I said it could be the difference. Depending on other variables obviously.
    MacIntyre showed his worth as well. Pouha did some good stuff too

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    16,640
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FijiJet View Post
    MacIntyre showed his worth as well. Pouha did some good stuff too
    McIntyre really impressed yesterday, he was vicious even and seemed to get stronger and more active by the end of the game.

    Maybin has been a disappointment, he better show up next week, because his disappearing act could and probably should then open the door for Sapp on this team, we need more speed and ability at the OLB position.

  16. #16
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Jersey
    Posts
    2,749
    Post Thanks / Like
    i mean, being better than conley really isnt saying much

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us