Thread: wifi at Metlife?

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

wifi at Metlife?

So I'm to attend the Bruce concert saturday night. The Rutgers game starts 7pm. I downloaded Watch ESPN and hope to see the whole game. Anyone have experience using this at Metlife? Just wondering how effective it'll work.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    In my experience, "not very". When you get on, it will be OK, but you'll drop and the getting back on can be painful. Very high maintenance. I was always better off on 3G last year, so I imagine if you've got 4G, you'll be better there (not only faster but, more importantly, less users).

I didn't go to the opener, so they may have improved it, but there was a thread here or elsewhere after the opener that makes me think they didn't.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last year, the Wifi was locked so it obviously didn't work. At the games this year, the Wifi is now unlocked because of the new NFL rules to bring fans to the game but it was serviceable. Not very fast but it got the job done. I did have a few moments where my twitter didn't refresh to see what beat writers were saying during stoppages in the game but other than that, I did not have many problems. Enjoy the concert

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexamillion5592 View Post
    Last year, the Wifi was locked so it obviously didn't work. At the games this year, the Wifi is now unlocked because of the new NFL rules to bring fans to the game but it was serviceable. Not very fast but it got the job done. I did have a few moments where my twitter didn't refresh to see what beat writers were saying during stoppages in the game but other than that, I did not have many problems. Enjoy the concert
    That's usually the problem. Timeouts, end of quarter, etc. everyone starts using their phones and the usage spikes making it slower for everyone. The best time to use the network is when there's play going on.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    That's usually the problem. Timeouts, end of quarter, etc. everyone starts using their phones and the usage spikes making it slower for everyone. The best time to use the network is when there's play going on.
    That's what I was thinking. But I would never look at it during the game, that's just me and just about everyone else in this forum. lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the wifi during the home opener to watch red zone and watch the replays. It was pretty bad. It was better using my 4g

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    I used the wifi during the home opener to watch red zone and watch the replays. It was pretty bad. It was better using my 4g
    Did you get the redzone on your phone from NFL mobile?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    hate to say it but whats next a wi-fi fee at metlife?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you get the redzone on your phone from NFL mobile?
    No. Don't need it. I was using the redzone feed the Jets provided. And if that doesn't work you can use certain other websites. Don't waste your money on NFL mobile.

BTW, love that you turned that into your signature. But, you need to let the video go a little more to get his full reaction when he woke up. Priceless.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    So you turned wifi off and it worked better?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. Don't need it. I was using the redzone feed the Jets provided. And if that doesn't work you can use certain other websites. Don't waste your money on NFL mobile.

BTW, love that you turned that into your signature. But, you need to let the video go a little more to get his full reaction when he woke up. Priceless.
    Is the redzone through the jets app?

And yeah I wish the sig was longer but the site I got it from only went so long. If I tried making the sig myself from gifsoup, It would be real crappy.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the redzone through the jets app?

And yeah I wish the sig was longer but the site I got it from only went so long. If I tried making the sig myself from gifsoup, It would be real crappy.
    Yes

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    WiFi never works at stadium.