Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NFL reveals sworn affidavit from G. Williams confirming Vilma’s bounty involvement

NFL reveals sworn affidavit from G. Williams confirming Vilma’s bounty involvement

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    So much for Warren Sapps inside info that it was Shockey that outed Vilma.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

And Vilma continues to deny, deny, deny. Should've admitted it and pleaded for leniency.

What a sellout G. Williams is. I hope he never gets another job.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzsaw View Post
    And Vilma continues to deny, deny, deny. Should've admitted it and pleaded for leniency.
    I dont know, at this point he might create enough doubt that the Judge might rule in his favor. You have one affidavit from Williams saying he did it,and 9 others saying he didnt. The lone accuser doesnt exactly have the best credibility seeing as he was the ring leader and banned from the NFL indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    What a sellout G. Williams is. I hope he never gets another job.
    He probably sold him out in hopes that his indefinite suspension could be lifted.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I dont know, at this point he might create enough doubt that the Judge might rule in his favor. You have one affidavit from Williams saying he did it,and 9 others saying he didnt. The lone accuser doesnt exactly have the best credibility seeing as he was the ring leader and banned from the NFL indefinitely.
    This!!!

I agree one sworn affidavit from one participant absent critical examination is hardly conclusive proof of Vima's guilt....

Hall Of Fame
    Williams' word means nothing. His character is questionable to say the least. In a court it wouldn't hold up. But they aren't in a court now. Soon they will be with the defamation suit.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    This!!!

I agree one sworn affidavit from one participant absent critical examination is hardly conclusive proof of Vima's guilt....
    It also doesnt help that the affidavit signed by Williams was dated 9/14/12.

lets hope vilma wants out of new orleans and we get him back.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I could be wrong but I don't think the punishment is in the judge's hands. If Goodell decides Vilma offered the bounty, then he has the power to hand out the punishment. Maybe someone else can confirm?

Thing is that Williams was the one running this whole thing, and if he says this guy was involved then I'm inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Williams' word means nothing. His character is questionable to say the least. In a court it wouldn't hold up. But they aren't in a court now. Soon they will be with the defamation suit.
    I agree with the above.

Jets Insider VIP
    Seriously?

So the 1 year suspension that Goodell gave to Vilma months ago was based on document that hadn't even been created yet? oh gawd.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Seriously?

So the 1 year suspension that Goodell gave to Vilma months ago was based on document that hadn't even been created yet? oh gawd.
    No the evidence was given months ago, they just had Williams create a formal affidavit the other day. You only need the affidavit if you do not plan on appearing in person. We have enough lawyers on this site, somebody will chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    You obviously didn't see:

Jonathan Vilma ‏@JonVilma51
    “@TheDarbyPlace: @JonVilma51 how was he bullied? He's already suspended.”goodell has to reinstate him. its do wat i say or never coach again
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

10h Jonathan Vilma ‏@JonVilma51
    You obviously want me to be guilty if you cant see that gregg was bullied to sign the affidavit. He signed 3days ago! #weakattempt
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

The nfl has 1 affidavit saying i did it. I have NINE saying i didnt. Do the math. Hush haters.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No the evidence was given months ago, they just had Williams create a formal affidavit the other day. You only need the affidavit if you do not plan on appearing in person. We have enough lawyers on this site, somebody will chime in.
    This isn't a real trial, so the rules of evidence don't really apply. Generally, Affidavits are prepared for motions and are not presented at trials. They probably had this information all along and didn't need an affidavit from Williams because they are a private company doing things "their way."

Now that the courts overturned the ruling and basically told them to have more open hearings they were forced to collect the evidence in a more formal way (ie affidavits).

Basically, the date on the affidavit is completely irrelevant. I also don't see why people would call Williams into question. Yeah he was involved in a bounty program but there is no indication that he got a lighter sentence for squealing on Vilma.

We have seen athletes deny, deny, deny when they knew they were guilty (See steroid era baseball players that still deny despite the evidence or Lance Armstrong)

Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    You obviously didn't see:

Jonathan Vilma ‏@JonVilma51
    “@TheDarbyPlace: @JonVilma51 how was he bullied? He's already suspended.”goodell has to reinstate him. its do wat i say or never coach again
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

You obviously want me to be guilty if you cant see that gregg was bullied to sign the affidavit. He signed 3days ago! #weakattempt
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

The nfl has 1 affidavit saying i did it. I have NINE saying i didnt. Do the math. Hush haters.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet
    I already knew that. What I'm saying is that the affidavit the NFL has is from the CEO of Bounty, Inc.

It's not like the NFL has an affidavit from Billy Bob the janitor saying he overheard something. This is coming straight from the horse's mouth.

Is it true? Who knows. But, I'm inclined to believe Williams on who was involved.

Rookie
    This is the typical prisoners dilemma at work.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    This isn't a real trial, so the rules of evidence don't really apply. Generally, Affidavits are prepared for motions and are not presented at trials. They probably had this information all along and didn't need an affidavit from Williams because they are a private company doing things "their way."

Now that the courts overturned the ruling and basically told them to have more open hearings they were forced to collect the evidence in a more formal way (ie affidavits).

Basically, the date on the affidavit is completely irrelevant. I also don't see why people would call Williams into question. Yeah he was involved in a bounty program but there is no indication that he got a lighter sentence for squealing on Vilma.

We have seen athletes deny, deny, deny when they knew they were guilty
    (See steroid era baseball players that still deny despite the evidence or Lance Armstrong)
    +1 So we have Williams who is playing the part of Hitler and Vilma who is playing Eichman denying the camps ever existed..