Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official MNF thread: Denver Peytons at Falcons

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Wow, this reffing has reached comical levels
    The only thing worse is listening to clueless idiots like Mike Tirico nitpicking every decision the refs make, when it's obvious that he knows even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Gastineau99 View Post
    PI penalties are marked off at the spot of the foul, Defensive Holding or Illegal Contact are 5 yard penalties.
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Then it must have been a defensive holding.

It was.

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    Atlanta was penalized 11 yards on that defensive holding call. It's supposed to be a 5 yard penalty.

Oops.

I'm applying with the NFL for this new "Administrator of the Game" position

Sounds high paying

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post

I dunno...watching Ryan....make me sad.
    He needs a good neck-snapping whiplashing face full of Bronco helmet, then see how it goes.

He's been pampered all night, not to mention the gift opportunities off turnovers by the D.

Willis McGahee is almost 31 years old?

I always think about him and Frank Gore, and how good they could have been if not for the injuries. Everyone saw McGahee go down in the championship game, but Gore tore his ACL after his freshman year. He was a really fast, super quick, shifty runner before that. He put on weight and became a power runner after he lost that lateral quickness. It's really pretty incredible, the transition that he made.

Clinton Portis was there before them. Those Miami teams were so loaded.

These ESPN microphones are a bit "hot" as they say

Ryan: "Don't shoot this I'm about to take my pants off"

27-21

McGahee has done a lot of the damage in the comeback

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    These ESPN microphones are a bit "hot" as they say

Ryan: "Don't shoot this I'm about to take my pants off"
    I love how all the players huddled around to give him privacy, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    I think the whole half was a collective "oops" by the refs. Seriously, replacement refs add 15-20 minutes to every game. I don't even think that is an exaggeration. Goodell needs to end this nonsense
    Problem is... The refs want better benefits than any other employees and demand 0 accountability. That's a bit ridiculous.

Peyton is not gonna sleep tonight knowing him. The way his D shut down the Falcons offense at times and with how well McGahee ran it, the Broncos win this game without him handing the Falcons 10 points early off his INTs

Letting it go to the 2 minute warning was a waste of 1 play.

Denver should have called a TO immediately. THat way, you don't reach the 2 minute warning until 2nd down.

SHould have been 2 minute warning and 2nd down here.

Manning is washed up. Teams will realize he has a noodle arm now and he can't throw it over 10 yards without it slowing down and wobbling.

Quote Originally Posted by rlucas4137 View Post
    I really don't think the refs are that much worse than the regulars. The issue is that they get absolutely no respect from the players and specifically the coaches. I think if they stick, they will be fine and start calling stuff with more consistency.

I don't consider myself someone who is like Mike Breen, always defending the refs, but I thought the refs were atrocious last season and many seasons before that.

It's not like any of these poor schmucks have pulled a Hochuli screwing Denver type call yet. I think the whole thing is way overblown.
    There is some truth to this.

That said, their inexperience does continue to impact the game, there are coaches and players careers and lives on the line, the grandstanding by the league on this is shameful.

Veteran
    It's one thing to miss a call and another thing to flag stuff that didn't occur.

And when a ref goes under the hood and comes out with the wrong decision it's almost time to protest.

My hunch is, the replacements know it's a temporary gig so they're trying their best to help their favorite teams win while they can.

Why not take that advantage?

Does anyone think the Saints fan ref - Brian Stropolo - that got busted is the only one?

He should be banned altogether, not just from certain games.

So Elway traded one QB with wobbly passes for another....but this one has no chance of regenerating his nerves and no legs to make up for it.

But but but...he completed over 50%....

Didn't John Elway teach Peyton the secrets of football like he wanted to teach Tebow? Oh yeah I forgot...neither him nor Peyton has figured out it doesn't mantter how many you complete if you start throwing interceptions like candy!

Karma is a ***** Elway. Good luck with the cripple.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    I love how all the players huddled around to give him privacy, lol.
    And then the overhead camera subsequently taking that privacy away by flying right over them, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    The morons in the booth spend half the game nitpicking blaming and whining about the replacement officials.

Meanwhile there hasnt been ANY incompetence even CLOSE to that of Hochilli screwing Denver...Coleman reversing the most obvious fumble in NFL history to screw the Raiders in the playoffs and Winter and Triplett and others turning every game they do into a travesty of blown calls and mistakes.

Better one guy being a Saints fan then the entire group of part timers wearing Patriot tee shirts under their stripes and rooting for their darlings every week

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

I said this all throughout his FA tour. Nerves do NOT regenerate quickly. He had 4 neck surgeries over the course of a year. His feeling and strength in his hand and triceps is not going to come overnight, if ever. It just doesn't work that way.