Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shonn Greene's Career Long Run. Any Guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    The other truth is that guys like Blount or Greene usually don't last very long in the NFL - espc. when you want them to function as a primary back. So whatever one feels about Greene, it's quite clear from a contract and production perspective that he isn't going to be here past 2012.

I don't fault Rex and the head office for much, but the lack of productive running back depth - something we'll need to draw on as soon as next season - is bad planning.

I guess part of the thinking is that there are always vet retreads out there. I am interested to see how the Jets plan to handle this situation.
    We're a "ground and pound" team and our plan was "veteran retread"? Really?

If so, then that's just stupid.

I just find it funny that a supposed power runner runs with absolutely no power whatsoever. He goes down the moment someone lays a finger on him. It's like he leaves his balls on the bench.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan789 View Post
    He's had two carries longer than that. 39 yards and 53 yards.
    The SOJF OP must have missed those playoff runs which would have been 100 yards each had they not been stopped by the end zone.

Another inaccurate post loss thread for the chicken little whiners

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    The SOJF OP must have missed those playoff runs which would have been 100 yards each had they not been stopped by the end zone.

Those long runs all came as a #2

Hall Of Fame
    Greene was perfect to come in after Jones and TRich would knock the piss out of the opposing defense for 3 quarters. Faneca and Woody pancaking defenders. Greene would come in and pick on a tired defense. He could bully people.

IIRC he also had a long run in the Cincinnati playoff game.

He has made a living off of two playoff games. Sound familiar?

I don't think you can fathom Greene's suckitude without watching every other team play each week. I haven't watched one starting RB worse than him this year. I don't even know if it is close.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    I don't think you can fathom Greene's suckitude without watching every other team play each week. I haven't watched one starting RB worse than him this year. I don't even know if it is close.
    It's not close. Chris Johnson has been much worse.

All Pro
    Can someone kidnap shonn greene for this weekend so we can see what powell looks like for 1 game? Id do it myself but im down here in florida.

Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    The worst part about it is that Greene is the third best RB on the roster. Powell is faster, quicker, has better instincts, is a better blocker and a better pass catcher than Greene. Why the hell is Greene starting?

Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    OK, so one long run in the playoffs, where one defender spectacularly failed to tackle him, and another decided to not even attempt to do so.

Wonderful.
    It's not that Cro failed to tackle him Greene forgot to do his usual and run into him. Must not have seen him.

Sg you are wrong on this one.

His run vs SD was arguably my favorite jets play of all time, however look at the thread with the film breakdown. He did the exact same thing sunday....took on a tackler rather then try to avoid him. In SD he flattened Weddle and took it to the house. You just cant do that consistently these days.

Good runners are guys that can play their foot, make a cut, and hit daylight....that isnt greenes skill set.

This isnt SOFJ crap, its all on the tape, we need someone who can make guys miss and then use greene as the compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Sg you are wrong on this one.

His run vs SD was arguably my favorite jets play of all time, however look at the thread with the film breakdown. He did the exact same thing sunday....took on a tackler rather then try to avoid him. In SD he flattened Weddle and took it to the house. You just cant do that consistently these days.

Good runners are guys that can play their foot, make a cut, and hit daylight....that isnt greenes skill set.

This isnt SOFJ crap, its all on the tape, we need someone who can make guys miss and then use greene as the compliment.
    I agree completely ... Do not want to lose green because he is a great complimentary bruising back ... He is just not on the level of most no. 1 backs.

Banned
    One example of a game over 3 years ago?

He has done absolutely nothing since then.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    One example of a game over 3 years ago?

He has done absolutely nothing since then.
    Agreed. Greene just isn't a #1 back.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    He's 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

You can't rely on someone like that to be the main staple of your backfield. Especially if you're a team that wants to run the ball as much as we do.

Greene offers virtually no big play ability and is totally useless as a receiver.

How many times is the coaching staff going to watch him repeatedly run into the back of one of his OL and fall forward for 2 yards before they say enough is enough?

Hey Rex, Powell is your boy, isn't he?

Your own personal draft pick?

Well, let's see what the f*ck he's capable of.

Can't be much less than Greene.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Can someone kidnap shonn greene for this weekend so we can see what powell looks like for 1 game? Id do it myself but im down here in florida.

Thanks guys.
    That would be sweet,

Powell has already proven in his limited opportunities that he has way more potential than Greene.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    That would be sweet,

Powell has already proven in his limited opportunities that he has way more potential than Greene.
    Apparently Rex sees it differently. He has some sort of thing about sticking with guys when he should just move on.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Apparently Rex sees it differently. He has some sort of thing about sticking with guys when he should just move on.
    Frustrating to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    That would be sweet,

i'm hoping they realize that powell is better but didn't want to bench greene right away, figuring he'd prove it in limited time early on (like against the steelers) while greene continued to stink. maybe that was how they wanted to handle it rather than bench greene and have that issue as well.