Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching ATL's DEF - what happened to us??

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Look, if you watched the game tonight, you know what I'm talking about. I haven't seen our defense even try to fool the opponents lately.
    Fitzpatrick actually stepped right into one of our traps. The result? int returned for TD. I believe Ben had plenty of broken plays....but he's just Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Paradis View Post
    Now? Just dusty crooked fingers in the dirt.
    there's something appealing about this though....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    So wilson and vlad were part of a bad draft....how are jerry hughes, patrick robinson and javid best doing, as they were the 3 people selected after wilson? We all wish wilson turned into deion sanders, but he has been a contributing player since his rookie year, which is far from a bust.

How was last year for you? Wilk, ellis and kerley contributing enough yet?
    Wilson is a good player, not great, not even close.... I did NOT disparage YOU MEANT 2 years ago. BUT none have shown themselves as explosive.

If you are happy with the draft, fine. Look at SB teams. They draft better than we do. Its that simple.

Go ahead...talk about the 2 AFC Champ games. Many the kool aiders do. Well...the Cardinals and Seahawks went to the SB. Who can remember? We are thought of as a basically an old average team run by an owner who thinks brining in Tebow and Favre is more important than paying strict attention to the draft.

Last edited by southparkcpa; 09-18-2012 at 09:05 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Wilson is a good player, not great, not even close....
    Wilson has been fantastic so far this year in the first two games... You could not have asked for better.

He controlled the slot vs Buffalo, and filled in for Revis on the outside vs Pitt - and Ben went on and picked on Cromartie all game...

Wilson's been lockdown, and our most consistent defensive back, considering Revis didn't even play week 2.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys need to watch the games again. Spiller should have been down on both of those runs. Dixon was the culprit on both of those runs, and then missed tackles. With Pouha the old man in there that doesn't happen. Landry taking out Bart didn't help. They were in position though. We haven't been beaten by TEs or backs. The LBs have been covering well. The corners without Revis were playing a soft zone. Wilson did not play well, and neither did Cromartie, who always seems to follow a good game with a bad one. None of this has anything to do with the age of our LBs however.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We're old and slow and none of the new guys have done anything to push their way into the lineup and push the old guys out. Pace, Scott, Thomas, Harris, Bell, Landry, Devito, Pouha, they're all in the league over 6 years, most of them in their 9th, 10th, or 11th.

It's a young man's game.

SAR I
    Yup--speed at the LB position is critical in the modern game. Jets did nothing to really address this problem.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NY's stepchild View Post
    You guys need to watch the games again. Spiller should have been down on both of those runs. Dixon was the culprit on both of those runs, and then missed tackles. With Pouha the old man in there that doesn't happen. Landry taking out Bart didn't help. They were in position though. We haven't been beaten by TEs or backs. The LBs have been covering well. The corners without Revis were playing a soft zone. Wilson did not play well, and neither did Cromartie, who always seems to follow a good game with a bad one. None of this has anything to do with the age of our LBs however.
    I seem to remember Heath Miller running past Harris wide open in the end zone for TD on Sunday.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Our drafts over the past 3 years have been average at best.

Wilson as a 1st rounder? Vlad as a 2nd? THAT YEAR was a wash.....

We trade away picks like playing cards and the ones we keep, we dont do our homework well enough.

It appears to me that many of the kool aid drinkers on this board played T-Ball and didn't keep score.

Wilson has been a solid nickle back and looks good so far this year with an INT already.

Vlad will likely be a starting OG next season.

That draft didn't pay immediate returns but with some patience the Jets have added some contributing guys to the roster. It could be far worse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex and Tanny is what happened!!!

This is there team, they have had 4 drafts to build a team and this is what we have. This is a team that has no heart or passion. These guys are professional athletes collecting a pay check, not hungry football players. Many have talked about the Kerry Rhoads going Hollywood, well this team is hollywod. F()cking over paid bunch of DIVAS.

Oh yeah Rex's D sucks a$$. Guru my A$$!!! I can't wait till sunday. Lets see which team shows up versus Miami. This is supposed to be a win, we will see.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Yup--speed at the LB position is critical in the modern game. Jets did nothing to really address this problem.
    We drafted demario davis and coples both to increase speed on defense. While i personally would have preferred ingram over coples, the team addressed the lack of defensive speed with those picks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    The Jets were still strong against the running game, and missing Revis obviously had an impact, but the defense played hard, I thought they got stronger in the 2nd half and started to put it to the Steelers. That 10 minute drive in the 4th quarter, some timely penalties, and the non-fumble call really let the air out of their sails.
    So what you're saying is, except for one drive that took up an entire 1/3rd of the half, the Jets "put it" to the Steelers? By that logic, the Jets dominated the AFCCG a couple of years ago...with the exception of the 9-minute drive to open the game, the Sanchez fumble for a TD, and the overall shoddy tackling that persisted throughout.

I think this defense is good too. With a top-15 offense, this defense is good enough to win it all. But they are not an elite unit, because all it takes to put the Jets on their heels is a handful of guys with speed. Revis will take care of the #1 receiver and Cro will (for the most part) handle the #2, but if you have a solid #3 threat, a vertical TE, and/or a back with good hands, the Jets don't have anybody that can cover.

This is not a Week 2 criticism. With the exception of the great playoff game in NE, this is a fact about the Jets defense since the start of the '10 season, when offenses had figured out the overload blitz and Rex's element of surprise was taken away.

Miami has one legit burner and that's Bush. He'll get his yards, but I think the Jets can contain the Fins offense. But let's see what happens when the 9ers come to town and the Jets have to deal with Gore, Hunter and Davis.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Old, slow and soft.
    Still,at least we didn't waste a draft pick on a friggin kicker

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlichtie View Post
    Still,at least we didn't waste a draft pick on a friggin kicker
    No...just a haitian lineman.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    We drafted demario davis and coples both to increase speed on defense. While i personally would have preferred ingram over coples, the team addressed the lack of defensive speed with those picks.
    Why in the world would ANY gm pass on Courtney Upshaw and then draft Demario Davis. Bad draft last two years. We needed a pass rusher and an O line man both times. Fail

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    They just drafted davis in the third round....lets see how he develops by the end of the year

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Old, slow and soft.
    At least we didn't lose to F*cking Arizona at home
    Last edited by ctjetfan; 09-18-2012 at 04:43 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ROPE View Post
    Why in the world would ANY gm pass on Courtney Upshaw and then draft Demario Davis. Bad draft last two years. We needed a pass rusher and an O line man both times. Fail
    Please tell me your kidding about upshaw?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post

Courtney Upshaw the starting FAST linebacker for the BAltimore Ravens?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Or Courtney Upshaw with 10 tackles and a sack in 2 games?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Or Courtney Upshaw that DIDNT miss tackles against the Eagles and helped bottle up Lesean mcCoy for 81 yards with 6 tackles?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We drafted demario davis and coples both to increase speed on defense.
    What good does speed do if you are sitting on the bench because the opposing OLine is too big?