Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jets are -3 vs. Dolphins

All League
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the line does not necessarily reflect who Vegas thinks is going to win, as much as it is a tool to evenly spread the money around. Some other things are factored in.

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Jets 24

Fish - 22

Don't bet it!
    The raiders are terrible. If I recall correctly, their starting WRs were out, and their defense isn't anything special. Their star RB, DMC, seems to have regressed or is starting off on a pretty meh note.

Basically, the Phins SHOULD have beat them.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I wouldn't touch this game.
    Me neither. This is one of those trap games that could end up costing you a pretty penny.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Me neither. This is one of those trap games that could end up costing you a pretty penny.
    I added the smiley too. It's sad that I wouldn't touch this game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The raiders are terrible. If I recall correctly, their starting WRs were out, and their defense isn't anything special. Their star RB, DMC, seems to have regressed or is starting off on a pretty meh note.

Basically, the Phins SHOULD have beat them.
    It's not easy to fly across the country, and play in that humidity, at 10am PST. The Fish have an historically great record in home games in September.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

A rookie QB isn't going to beat Rex's defense
    Beating the 17th ranked defense is not that hard to do, even for a rookie QB.

Hall Of Fame
    There are no excuses if the Jets go down to Miami and lose. None. There is one guy on offense you have to keep in check(Bush), thats it. Rookie QB with very little weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by NowLet'sGoEatAF'NSnack View Post
    Would you bet it???
    expect lots of wildcat

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    There are no excuses if the Jets go down to Miami and lose. None. There is one guy on offense you have to keep in check(Bush), thats it. Rookie QB with very little weapons.
    Totally agree. After the way the Steelers pushed them around, if the Jets have anything inside them, they should pummel Miami. If they don't, then I really would start to worry.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Totally agree. After the way the Steelers pushed them around, if the Jets have anything inside them, they should pummel Miami. If they don't, then I really would start to worry.
    The Steelers didn't push anyone around... We shut down their run and we ran the ball effectively against them.

The only people they pushed around were our WR's

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    The Steelers didn't push anyone around... We shut down their run and we ran the ball effectively against them.

Not sure only 2 first downs rushing and a 3.3 YPC average is running the ball well. And that is with Tebow having a 22 yard run.

It's true that the dolphins don't have many weapons on the offense. But we do have a pretty good offensive line. The right side was supposed to be a weakness, but they've been exceeding my expectations so far. In my opinion, this game is going to be won on defense. Whichever defense forces the turnovers and limits the other teams qb. Which in that regard, it's definately to your advantage. I think of rex in the same way I do saban. You don't want a rookie QB going up against his defense, just like you don't want a freshman QB going against Sabans. It's a recipe for disaster. What should help is a solid running game, and that will be key for us.

I think you guys should feel pretty comfortable shutting down our offense, as long as you can contain our running backs, but I think your under estimating our defense. We've been great against the run the past few years, and it doesn't look like the change to the 4-3 has hurt us in that aspect. Starks and Solia are playing great football right now. Our weakness is in the secondary. We did get the bengals secondary coach for our defensive coordinator, and so far it seems like it's helped. Sean Smith has played much better this year. But the biggest improvement has been our safeties. The reason I say that is because, I haven't noticed them much. And kind of like an offensive line, if your not noticing them, they must be doing ok. At least thats the way I look at it. Rashad Jones is playing really well. I think PFF had him rated as the #2 safety in week one. And he played another really good game in week 2. Nobody has completed a deep ball on us that I can remember so far this year. Maybe a 30 yarder, but no real bombs. Palmer only attempted maybe 1 and it was well covered. If you've watched many Dolphins game the past few years, you would know that was a huge problem of ours.

The point I'm getting at, is just like you guys want to make Tannehill beat us, I think Sanchez will have to do the same. He's going to have to play a good game, and limit turnovers.

I think in the end, it will be a close game, but you guys will probably win. However, if at the end of the game, we don't have any turnovers, I think we win. I just don't think that will happen. I'm looking forward to it tho. I know the dolphins aren't going anywhere this year, but I'm just happy to be able to enjoy another week of football with something on the line. Should be a good game. Best of luck.

Also, I did bet on Alabama this past weekend against Arkansas. After Arkansas qb was ruled out, the line went up from -7 to -21. And like I thought, Bama's defense harrased the freshman QB. Hopefully that doesn't happen with us.

Stay away from this one. Given miami's new coach and qb and the Jets are only giving 3 points. Also the Jets always seem to loose to this team when the should not.

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post

I stand corrected. The jets physically dominated the game, and only lost because of a few bad breaks, as usual.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by stanner View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but the line does not necessarily reflect who Vegas thinks is going to win, as much as it is a tool to evenly spread the money around. Some other things are factored in.
    The line has to open, and the bookies and Vegas set the lines..now when the money starts going in the spread can move 1/2 point maybe a point..but thats where the money is going..Like I said the bookies have done your homework for you.if you are a smart better ..you will not bet at all..but if you do remember 3.5 and 5.5..

Given our recent track record in South Beach, I'd find another line to bet on this week. There's certainly more attractive teams and spreads to wager on.

Also given how inconsistent the team has been regular season under Rex, I just don't think it's wise to bet on our games in general. Just look at the discrepancy in performance from week 1 to week 2.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Beating the 17th ranked defense is not that hard to do, even for a rookie QB.
    So a 2 game sample that sees the Pats at 1-1 is meaningless, but it is determinative of a defense's rank objectively? You are the worst kind of troll because you change your views back and forth to fit however you want to troll a particular thread. How the mods still let you post on this board is borderline remarkable.

All League
    Not a betting guy but I had the Phags as my 'lock of the week' this past weekend.
    Home dog, west coming east, early game after late Monday nighter, heat/humidity, average team.
    Not sure how they had the Phags as dogs.

Really? I'm actually strongly leaning towards the Jets in my suicide league.