Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81

Thread: Jets record before bye week?

  1. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's pretty funny right there.

    The 49ers go into Green Bay and dominate the Packers yet DreamOn thinks the Jets are a better team.
    What gets me is that Gore puts up 112 yards in Lambeau (7 yards a pop), then another 89 against a pretty good Lions' D. But he's to be ignored as dog waste. I would kill to have Shonn Greene put up similar numbers (truly, a dog crap JAG).

  2. #22
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's pretty funny right there.

    The 49ers go into Green Bay and dominate the Packers yet DreamOn thinks the Jets are a better team.
    Perhaps the Packers are not as good as everyone expected them to be?

  3. #23
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    That's pretty funny right there.

    The 49ers go into Green Bay and dominate the Packers yet DreamOn thinks the Jets are a better team.
    Different teams play differently against each other. You know this. It was his opinion and mine as well. I think the jets can beat Arizona. Doesn't mean the jets can beat the pats.

  4. #24
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    694
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Why is that? They have no passing game, no real running game, and their D is not better then ours. I don't see a huge difference in the 2 really. They have better LBs but we have a better DBs. That is the biggest difference in the 2. I don't get the hype, sorry. Smith gets 0 respect from me. They are favorite simply because they are a west coast team and I'm not buying that shame. Same with SD a few years back and they where a better team. Being the best team in a crap division does not make you dominate.
    ummmm

    Gore is better than Greene
    Smith vs Sanchez is a wash
    Crabtree and Moss over Holmes and Hill
    Davis in a landslide over Keller

    Niners front 7 is better than our front 7
    Jets have better Secondary than Niners

    Special teams are even

    Niners beat GB in GB in their home opener. This team was a fumble away from the Super Bowl last year. The only real problem I see with this team is the conservative play calling.

  5. #25
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    363
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Why is that? They have no passing game, no real running game, and their D is not better then ours. I don't see a huge difference in the 2 really. They have better LBs but we have a better DBs. That is the biggest difference in the 2. I don't get the hype, sorry. Smith gets 0 respect from me. They are favorite simply because they are a west coast team and I'm not buying that shame. Same with SD a few years back and they where a better team. Being the best team in a crap division does not make you dominate.
    Just some stats to ponder:
    2011 Regular Season
    Gore - 282 carries, 1,211 yards Avg 4.3 yards per rush
    2012 through 2 games - 33 carries for 201 yards - Avg 6.1 yards per rush

    Smith - 2011 Regular Season
    273 completions - 445 attempts - 3,144 yards. 61% completion 17 TD's 5 Ints.

    Smith 2012 Regular Season
    57 attempts 40 completions - 70% completion 4 TD's 0 Ints.

  6. #26
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,529
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post
    ummmm

    Gore is better than Greene
    Smith vs Sanchez is a wash
    Crabtree and Moss over Holmes and Hill
    Davis in a landslide over Keller

    Niners front 7 is better than our front 7
    Jets have better Secondary than Niners

    Special teams are even

    Niners beat GB in GB in their home opener. This team was a fumble away from the Super Bowl last year. The only real problem I see with this team is the conservative play calling.
    Nope. As amazing a bust as he seemed before last year, right now, Smith is a better QB than Sanchez.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Perhaps the Packers are not as good as everyone expected them to be?
    Possibly, but they also pretty much man-handled a decent Lions team as well.

    The 49ers are a damn good football team.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by estang74 View Post

    Smith vs Sanchez is a wash
    Put down the crack pipe, Smith is a much better QB than Sanchez.

  9. #29
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    5-3

    i think we beat the 49ers. Call me crazy, but i think we will.
    It's not outlandish because we match up almost identically and it's a home game. Jets are a pretty good home team, which is why I see them taking one of the Houston, SF games and being somewhere around .500 at the bye.

  10. #30
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post

    Bills
    Steelers
    Dolphins
    49ers
    Texans
    Colts
    Patriots
    Dolphins
    Take the emotion out of it, get scientific, the answer is easy:

    - Last season, after dominant home wins the Jets lost 3 straight. Twice.

    - Last season, the Jets beat no team that ended the year with a winning record.

    - Last season, the Jets went .600 against the scrubs.

    The Jets will therefore be 3-5 at the turn.

    SAR I

  11. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    453
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    It's not outlandish because we match up almost identically and it's a home game. Jets are a pretty good home team, which is why I see them taking one of the Houston, SF games and being somewhere around .500 at the bye.


    No. Just no.

  12. #32
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,924
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post


    No. Just no.
    Show me where the match ups are one sided and I'll revoke.

  13. #33
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    12,724
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Show me where the match ups are one sided and I'll revoke.
    Are you talking about how the 49ers/Jets match up?

  14. #34
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,852
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    It's not outlandish because we match up almost identically and it's a home game. Jets are a pretty good home team, which is why I see them taking one of the Houston, SF games and being somewhere around .500 at the bye.
    I like them against San Fran but not against the texans. Call it a feeling that I have.

  15. #35
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Possibly, but they also pretty much man-handled a decent Lions team as well.

    The 49ers are a damn good football team.
    I do not think the lions are any better than the Jets.

  16. #36
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Huntington, NY
    Posts
    8,534
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Take the emotion out of it, get scientific, the answer is easy:

    - Last season, after dominant home wins the Jets lost 3 straight. Twice.

    - Last season, the Jets beat no team that ended the year with a winning record.

    - Last season, the Jets went .600 against the scrubs.

    The Jets will therefore be 3-5 at the turn.

    SAR I
    Last season is last season.

  17. #37
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    18,353
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    4-4 is the realistic number. No way the Jets will lose to the Dolphins and Colts. Its not totally unrealistic to think they could beat the Texans or Pats either.
    4 - 4 I agree with that. the HEART of average.

  18. #38
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,707
    Post Thanks / Like
    We should be very happy with 4 and 4...

    don't see how they beat, NE, Houston or SF...

    my concern is they probably find a way to blow one of the other 3 ...Sweeping this fish is never easy, Luck will getting better..

  19. #39
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,581
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Why is that? They have no passing game, no real running game, and their D is not better then ours. I don't see a huge difference in the 2 really. They have better LBs but we have a better DBs. That is the biggest difference in the 2. I don't get the hype, sorry. Smith gets 0 respect from me. They are favorite simply because they are a west coast team and I'm not buying that shame. Same with SD a few years back and they where a better team. Being the best team in a crap division does not make you dominate.
    Dude, have you even watched any Niners games in the past year?

    Alex Smith has progressed into a rock solid gamemanager under Harbaugh, Frank Gore has rushed for over 200 yards and 2 TD's through the first two weeks of the season, and San Fran boasts the best defense in the league.

    Seriously, to say that their defense isn't as good as ours is retarded. Their defense blows ours out of the water.

    Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Dashon Goldson, Carlos Rogers...they have playmakers out the ass on defense.

  20. #40
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    39,395
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    Last season is last season.
    Not really.

    Tell me 1 thing different about this years team than last years team. Looks remarkably like it, could be worse, actually.

    SAR I

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us