Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 81

Thread: Jets record before bye week?

  1. #41
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,394
    I could see the Jets beating Houston AND New England before I can see them beating the 49ers.

  2. #42
    pretty much any team can beat any team, especially when you're at home. 14 of 16 teams won at home this past weekend. this would have been 15 if NE made that FG. sure the jets have 2 tough home games coming up. i'm more concerned about beating the dolphins. the jets really need those division wins, especially considering how last season ended. losing games like this sunday will get people fired. losing at pittsburgh or to the niners at home are called losing to superior teams. but lose to miami, more heads will roll.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Today, you have lived up to your username. Well done, muchacho.
    San Francisco is a game that the Jets are going to have a legit chance to win (assuming the team is healthy) regardless of what happens in Miami this week. The Jets ALWAYS play close home games against teams like this, and San Francisco isn't built to blow teams out. This is a very winnable game for the Jets, as Houston will be also, now whether they actually get the job done in both or either game is a different story, but they will have a chance in both games.

  4. #44
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Are you talking about how the 49ers/Jets match up?
    Yes, because comparing Smith to Sanchez is useless as they are never on the field together.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Bills W
    Steelers L

    Dolphins L
    49ers L
    Texans L
    Colts W
    Patriots L
    Dolphins W

    You can swap the Miami games, but either way, I can't see the Jets sweeping Miami so I don't think I'm too far from reality. 3-5 seems quite realistic right now.

    This upcoming game is a must win with the 49ers the week after, but my gut says it will be an L.
    Sadly, I agree. 3-5 seems the most likely. For some reason, heading into this week's Phins game, our fanbase has gotten the wild notion that we dominate the Phins matchup under Rex and regularly blow them out. We're 3-3 against Miami under Rex and all 3 losses came in games where our fanbase had it penciled as an easy win. Their best player, Bush, only played in one half of 1 of those 6 games too. You could argue that Tannehill is no worse than the QB lining up for Miami in any of those previous 6 games as well. Based on the info I have, I see a split with them. Our first true test against a good team this year was a decisive 17 point loss. I believe the Texans and Niners to be superior to the Steelers, particularly on D. There is a chance to steal one of those games (we are home after all and Niners do have to travel cross country), but we are the underdog and our offense is severely outmatched against those defenses from a talent standpoint. Our defense so far has given up 55 points in 2 games to offenses that are not any better than that boasted by the Texans and Niners too. The Pats are a different type of team, but our track record in Foxboro under Rex in the regular season is poor. Logic dictates a likely loss. I'm hoping for 4-4 or 5-3, but preparing myself for 3-5 and hope we get hot later in the season.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Sadly, I agree. 3-5 seems the most likely. For some reason, heading into this week's Phins game, our fanbase has gotten the wild notion that we dominate the Phins matchup under Rex and regularly blow them out. We're 3-3 against Miami under Rex and all 3 losses came in games where our fanbase had it penciled as an easy win. Their best player, Bush, only played in one half of 1 of those 6 games too. You could argue that Tannehill is no worse than the QB lining up for Miami in any of those previous 6 games as well. Based on the info I have, I see a split with them. Our first true test against a good team this year was a decisive 17 point loss. I believe the Texans and Niners to be superior to the Steelers, particularly on D. There is a chance to steal one of those games (we are home after all and Niners do have to travel cross country), but we are the underdog and our offense is severely outmatched against those defenses from a talent standpoint. Our defense so far has given up 55 points in 2 games to offenses that are not any better than that boasted by the Texans and Niners too. The Pats are a different type of team, but our track record in Foxboro under Rex in the regular season is poor. Logic dictates a likely loss. I'm hoping for 4-4 or 5-3, but preparing myself for 3-5 and hope we get hot later in the season.
    this week is a huge week for this regime. if rex keeps losing to the dolphins he's going to lose credibility as a defensive guy. they've really got to dig deep and win this road game to maintain any sort of confidence they have this season.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    Show me where the match ups are one sided and I'll revoke.
    A side by side comparison is not even warranted because it shouldn't even be a debate.

    But if you insist, I'll just look at quarterbacks and put it to you this way....not only do they have a QB who only threw 5 interceptions last year, post season included, but the last time Alex Smith threw an interception was 9 games ago dating back to last season....12 if you count preseason.

  8. #48
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Cape Coral, FL
    Posts
    1,071
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I could see the Jets beating Houston AND New England before I can see them beating the 49ers.
    +1 SF is the toughest team on our schedule this year. NE proved they are beatable last week. If we can figure out how to stop a RB then we can win the Houston game.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    this week is a huge week for this regime. if rex keeps losing to the dolphins he's going to lose credibility as a defensive guy. they've really got to dig deep and win this road game to maintain any sort of confidence they have this season.
    Our D has generally not performed very well down in Miami under Rex for whatever reason. Typically it has been overconfidence that has doomed us. I don't think that will be the case this week. And they don't have Marshall anymore. I think back to the Monday nighter a couple years ago early in the season and remember how Miami gears up for this game like it is their SB. It will be a very hostile environment and the heat is a major factor in September. Always better to play this team on the road late in the season when nobody shows up and the temperatures are more reasonable.

    I like Rex's track record against young QBs. That should be the difference. But the team had such a wildly different performance from week 1 to week 2 that it really is impossible to know what Jet team we will see on Sunday.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Our D has generally not performed very well down in Miami under Rex for whatever reason. Typically it has been overconfidence that has doomed us. I don't think that will be the case this week. And they don't have Marshall anymore. I think back to the Monday nighter a couple years ago early in the season and remember how Miami gears up for this game like it is their SB. It will be a very hostile environment and the heat is a major factor in September. Always better to play this team on the road late in the season when nobody shows up and the temperatures are more reasonable.

    I like Rex's track record against young QBs. That should be the difference. But the team had such a wildly different performance from week 1 to week 2 that it really is impossible to know what Jet team we will see on Sunday.
    rex has had trouble defending the wildcat when sparano ran it there. but as with last sunday and the sunday before it will come down to how the jets and sanchez do on 3rd downs. it's really a key indicator of success and momentum.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    rex has had trouble defending the wildcat when sparano ran it there. but as with last sunday and the sunday before it will come down to how the jets and sanchez do on 3rd downs. it's really a key indicator of success and momentum.
    Sanchez certainly has to play well. Our running game is not going to have a big week. If McFadden couldn't run it on them, I don't really think Greene and Powell are going to do much. We probably won't need to score a lot to win though. 17-20 points should do it.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Sanchez certainly has to play well. Our running game is not going to have a big week. If McFadden couldn't run it on them, I don't really think Greene and Powell are going to do much. We probably won't need to score a lot to win though. 17-20 points should do it.
    hopefully they can use the run to set up the vertical game, like they did vs. buffalo. sparano should know who to exploit on that team.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    rex has had trouble defending the wildcat when sparano ran it there. but as with last sunday and the sunday before it will come down to how the jets and sanchez do on 3rd downs. it's really a key indicator of success and momentum.
    I just see this as a trap game and while I see Miami as a pretty weak team, if they are to win one, it would more likely be this game at home with them coming of a win rather than the 2nd. Rex just didn't instill much confidence in me in his press conference. He looked exhausted and beat. Never really saw him like that.

  14. #54
    1-15.

    forfeit the second half.

    fire everyone.

    move the team.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Dude, have you even watched any Niners games in the past year?

    Alex Smith has progressed into a rock solid gamemanager under Harbaugh, Frank Gore has rushed for over 200 yards and 2 TD's through the first two weeks of the season, and San Fran boasts the best defense in the league.

    Seriously, to say that their defense isn't as good as ours is retarded. Their defense blows ours out of the water.

    Justin Smith, Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowman, Aldon Smith, Dashon Goldson, Carlos Rogers...they have playmakers out the ass on defense.
    Dude have you. Smith can barely throw for over 200 yards in a game. Sanchez is a much better weapon. Gore has have multiple knee surgeries and is no longer part of the passing game. Gore had 200 yards vs 2 Ds that had issues stopping the run last year. He is 29 and has a ton of miles on him. I'm sorry but even if you hate Greene there is not a huge difference in those 2 right now. That run game is nothing special. Also if anyone seriously think Crabby, Moss, and Morgan is better then Holmes, Hill, and Kerley you need to watch SF play some time. That WR core hasn't proven a thing yet. When the press says an old Moss is the best WR on the team that is not a good thing. Oh and as far as TEs who had a better year last year. Right Keller!

    Last year we gave up 311.8 YPG and 23.6 PPR and they gave up 310.9ypg and 23.8 PPG. We had a much harder schedule! So again I ask how where they so much better then us? Yeah OK they won. They played better on ST and may be coached better. Talent wise don't give me that crap they aren't any better. Also I never said they arent as good as ours. They are both top 5 so stop being stupid. Facts are fact they are not better then us as a team. They are in the public eye much like we where starting last year. Hyped or not I'm being realistic here. There is a great chance we beat them. We match up much better vs them then say Houston.

    Also Carlos Rogers a play maker? lololo
    Last edited by Dreamers; 09-18-2012 at 02:54 PM.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Facts are fact they are not better then us as a team. They are in the public eye much like we where starting last year.
    When we went on the road against an elite team early last season, we got annihilated and embarrassed by the Ravens in a game that made Sanchez and the offense a laughingstock. Niners went on the road early against an elite team (Packers) and dominated them. I strongly disagree with your perception of how both teams have been viewed in the public eye.

    Niners are 15-3 in their last 18 games. Jets are 9-9. The gap between our record and theirs is bigger than the gap between our record and the Browns over that same time period. Factually, they are a better team. You're wrong. That said, it's the NFL and upsets happen. The Cards just beat the Pats. Us over the Niners would not be as big of an upset as that was.

  17. #57
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    3,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    A side by side comparison is not even warranted because it shouldn't even be a debate.

    But if you insist, I'll just look at quarterbacks and put it to you this way....not only do they have a QB who only threw 5 interceptions last year, post season included, but the last time Alex Smith threw an interception was 9 games ago dating back to last season....12 if you count preseason.
    So, how does that means Alex Smith will do well against our secondary?

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by NYJCAP2 View Post
    So, how does that means Alex Smith will do well against our secondary?
    Indeed. Are people forgetting the Packers are the 32nd ranked D from last year? And they certainly showed it when Smith showed them up. And don't talk about that Bears game, because the Bears OLine is one of (if not THE) worst in the league.

    What were the scores in those two games? 30 and 27 including the Akers FGs? Yea, let's quit acting like Smith is some elite QB. He relies on Akers, the D, and Gore.

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    52,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    Smith can barely throw for over 200 yards in a game. Sanchez is a much better weapon.
    Totally laughable right there.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Totally laughable right there.
    Not as laughable as getting Kolb’d.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us