Bills W
    Steelers L

Dolphins L
    49ers L
    Texans L
    Colts W
    Patriots L
    Dolphins W

You can swap the Miami games, but either way, I can't see the Jets sweeping Miami so I don't think I'm too far from reality. 3-5 seems quite realistic right now.

This upcoming game is a must win with the 49ers the week after, but my gut says it will be an L.
    Last edited by Whichfan; 09-18-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Bills W
    Steelers L

Dolphins W
    49ers L
    Texans L/W
    Indy W
    Patriots W
    Miami W
    6-2 or 5-3.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    We're going to beat the Texans. I've watched both of their games multiple times. Beating up on Ryan Tannehill and Blaine Gabbert doesn't impress me.

I thought they were overrated all year long last year, and continue to feel that way. I've been especially underwhelmed by their offense: which is now almost entirely composed of screen passes to Arian Foster and 3rd down throws to Andre Johnson (can't argue with its effectiveness against most of the league).

They're terrified of exposing the right side of their line, and won't need to as long as they can control the game. We'll win an ugly one against them because we'll be at home on MNF, shutdown their running game, and Revis will take away Johnson like he always does. 20-16 Jets, barring any major injuries between now and then.

(They're also playing the Packers the next week, and we'll have just been drubbed by the 9ers)

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    We're going to beat the Texans. I've watched both of their games multiple times. Beating up on Ryan Tannehill and Blaine Gabbert doesn't impress me.

I thought they were overrated all year long last year, and continue to feel that way. I've been especially underwhelmed by their offense: which is now almost entirely composed of screen passes to Arian Foster and 3rd down throws to Andre Johnson (can't argue with its effectiveness against most of the league).

They're terrified of exposing the right side of their line, and won't need to as long as they can control the game. We'll win an ugly one against them because we'll be at home on MNF, shutdown their running game, and Revis will take away Johnson like he always does. 20-16 Jets, barring any major injuries between now and then.

(They're also playing the Packers the next week, and we'll have just been drubbed by the 9ers)
    I don't think the Texans D is as good as advertised last year, but I do think they are a complete and balanced football team on all sides. It seems like you are underestimating them and taking them too lightly.

I can see them coming in here with a 4-0 record and unless they look past it in order to focus on Green Bay, they will likely be coming to NY as the favorites.

They are no joke.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post

Agreed. Landry locking in on Foster, and Revis shutting down the always-injured Andre Johnson makes this a winnable game for us. And is anyone actually worried about Schaub? and their D is good, but they also got Flacco’d in their 2nd playoff game ever.

But if we DO lose, I'm gonna be in for some jokes since I live in Houston and most people I know are Texans fans.
    Last edited by McGinley; 09-18-2012 at 02:43 AM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bills W
    @Steelers L

@Dolphins W
    49ers L
    Texans L
    Colts W
    @Patriots L
    Dolphins W
    4-4. I don't believe in beating the Pats and Texans, and one of the games vs. Miami still can go wrong, so it'd be 3-5. Still hoping we'll do better than 0.500.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with 5-3 maybe 6-2 if we beat the Pats. No way we loose 2 home games in a row vs west teams. Dont care how much people seem to like SF that is a game we should win. They are not a dominate team.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    I agree with 5-3 maybe 6-2 if we beat the Pats. No way we loose 2 home games in a row vs west teams. Dont care how much people seem to like SF that is a game we should win. They are not a dominate team.
    Today, you have lived up to your username. Well done, muchacho.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bills W
    Steelers L

Dolphins W
    49ers L
    Texans W
    Colts W
    Patriots L
    Dolphins W

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Today, you have lived up to your username. Well done, muchacho.
    Why is that? They have no passing game, no real running game, and their D is not better then ours. I don't see a huge difference in the 2 really. They have better LBs but we have a better DBs. That is the biggest difference in the 2. I don't get the hype, sorry. Smith gets 0 respect from me. They are favorite simply because they are a west coast team and I'm not buying that shame. Same with SD a few years back and they where a better team. Being the best team in a crap division does not make you dominate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Whichfan View Post
    Bills W
    Steelers L

Dolphins L
    49ers L
    Texans L
    Colts W
    Patriots L
    Dolphins W

You can swap the Miami games, but either way, I can't see the Jets sweeping Miami so I don't think I'm too far from reality. 3-5 seems quite realistic right now.

This upcoming game is a must win with the 49ers the week after, but my gut says it will be an L.
    4-4 is the realistic number. No way the Jets will lose to the Dolphins and Colts. Its not totally unrealistic to think they could beat the Texans or Pats either.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    4-4. W = MIA 2x, IND. L = SF, HOU, NE

If they lose one of the Miami games as the OP predicts and are 3-5, might as well start watching the NBA in November. The second half the season has 5-3 written all over it. Gotta get to 4-4 so you can get to 9-7 and get on your Tebowing (praying) on hoping for a Wild Card slot. 8-8 isn't getting a team in the playoffs unless you're trying to win the AFC West, and this year that probably won't even get it done. You know Baltimore and Pittsburgh WILL be there. It's a fight for that 6th seed between the Jets, Bengals, loser of Broncos-Chargers and maybe, but probably not, Buffalo.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Huh? Have you been watching football over the past year? They are a team that should have been in the Super Bowl last year. 2 special teams fumbles did them in.
    Now, let's look at a matchup against our favorite team. What do the Niners do well? 1) Run the ball to the edge with Gore, and get Gore involved in the short passing game. What do we not do well defensively? Protect the edge...and cover RB's. 2) Attack downfield with an incredible TE, Davis. What do we not do well? Cover a TE, especially when the defense assigns a LB to the role.
    Offensively, where do we struggle the most? Protecting the QB on the edges, and having the receivers gain separation downfield. What do the Niner's do best? Rush the QB with their fast LB's on the edges, and cover downfield.
    In short....I can make an argument that the Niners are the worst matchup for the Jets in the NFL. If the game was in SF, I would have no issue with laying 17 points. In NJ (with our alleged home field advantage), we are still looking at a double digit loss.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why is that? They have no passing game, no real running game, and their D is not better then ours. I don't see a huge difference in the 2 really. They have better LBs but we have a better DBs. That is the biggest difference in the 2. I don't get the hype, sorry. Smith gets 0 respect from me. They are favorite simply because they are a west coast team and I'm not buying that shame. Same with SD a few years back and they where a better team. Being the best team in a crap division does not make you dominate.
    No disrespect, but if you think Frank Gore is a JAG-minus, we're watching the SF games differently. I would jump into a burning car to secure him as our RB. Same goes for Willis and the rest of that D unit. They will smoke us.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the real question that OP wants to ask is.. how soon is Tebow time?!?!?!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    5-3

i think we beat the 49ers. Call me crazy, but i think we will.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    5-3 or 6-2...

Houston is a good team but we match up perfectly with them. Revis shuts down Johnson and Schaub gets scared. Their offense is based on the ability to run and we don't typically give up too much on the ground.

Comes down to whether or not we can beat the 9ers or the Pats to go 6-2. I like how we match up against the Pats now though. No Hernandez means we have good matchups accross the board for our corners.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    6-2 at least

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Dont care how much people seem to like SF that is a game we should win.
    That's pretty funny right there.

The 49ers go into Green Bay and dominate the Packers yet DreamOn thinks the Jets are a better team.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    0-10

accomplished by playing so effing poorly...