Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney: '47% of Americans are dependent on gov't, are victims'

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    I applaud Romney's honesty and bluntness.

Plus EVERYTHING he says is twisted by the extreme libtard media anyways, so he might was well put it out there.
    This didn't need to be twisted, they can just use his own words against him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

That's why I'm getting the f*** out of this god damn office chair soon

I'll just add that I don't think society's aversion to vocational jobs as a career path is strictly a D vs. R thing. Working with your hands decreased in popularity when doing so meant that you'd have a harder time making ends meet. Plus, society has a different set of values now. Most people wouldn't bat an eye paying an extra $2,000 for leather seats in their new car or $400 for a cellphone....but get all sorts of crazy when a plumber hands them a $200 bill for servicing that red thing in the corner of the basement that makes weird noise but keeps their entire house warm and gives them hot showers all year long.

I think also that our grandparents worked very VERY hard...and then exhorted their children to seek careers where they wouldn't have to slave at the same type of thankless jobs they had. "Don't be a plumber, little Johnny. Be a lawyer or a doctor". You may see that change soon. "Don't waste thousands on a college degree, little Tucker. Pick up a vocation and start earning at age 18 instead of age 24"....
    Or for paying for their own health care or medicine or food or

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Or for paying for their own health care or medicine or food or
    Not the same people, Trade. But I would have posted the same thing if I was the internet version of you

Trust me, people who get free govt health care and food don't call a plumber when their boiler stops working. They call their landlord.

Jets Insider VIP
    Not the same people, Trade. But I would have posted the same thing if I was the internet version of you

Trust me, people who get free govt health care and food don't call a plumber when their boiler stops working. They call their landlord.
    I have to agree with you there but I was going with the people in general rather than that specific set. People's priorities are beyond f'd up at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Here's a newsflash for you. Social security is taxed. Up to 85% of the benefits payed are subject to federal tax.
    Some seniors do not pay tax because they no longer have any income except SS. They did pay once though.
    However, if they do pay no tax I do not think they are entitled to a refund either.
    Most older people are not lowlifes. They are usually not trying to job the system. That falls to the employable lazy trash.
    What constitutes low life trash. The person who lied about their income on a mortgage loan or the loan officer that didn't verify or the rich bankers that cut it up and sold it as triple A paper?

No question we have a large group of people who don't want to work and won't work as long as they can get a handout. There is also no question that an awful lot of the 47% out there are not low lifes who want to work including college graduates who can't find jobs becuase the economy is in the pits and we have real structural changes that impacts millions of people.

There are plenty of hard working low life scums who have no ethics and have gamed the system and their are plenty of poor who have no one to blame but themselves.

The President of the US represents all the people and just like Obama wants to have his class warefare against the top 1%, Mitt Romney is a horses ass for trying to make his class warefare about the bottom 47%.

college is free for the poor. As long as they go to a state school and live at home. The Pell grant and Tap will cover that.

I went to college on financial aid. Prof told me at time Financial aid is only program govt makes a boat load of money off. I go why do you say that. He said you are getting what 20K financial aid over four years (college was cheaper back then), I go yea. He goes without college you would be making peanuts and govt would be supporting you. With college not only are you self supportive, you will most likely pay an extra 20K in taxes every year for next 40 years. Govt will get back 40 times what they paid out.

Only way he was wrong is I pay more like 100K a year more taxes each year than a HS graduate.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Trident Tech is not a public high school. Its a private school where you pay tuition. You (and others)were talking about vocational programs in high schools as an alternative for kids not academically gifted.

Trident is a publicly funded school. Like USC or Clemson. I forgive your usual ignorance since you don't live here. Not that that would make a difference. There are votechs in lots of places.

Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Unlike you, i dont see it as Dem vs Rep. This is not a football team to support. Dems make mistakes just as much as Repubs (just not as many and not with as dire consequences).

Liberal democrats run the large Northern cities. Large northern cities have no votech.
    Not having votech is stupid and irresponsible. Conclusion: liberal democrats are stupid and irresponsible. That pretty well sums it up.

The libs want everyone to be cultured in a school enviroment - enjoy Shakespeare and be fluent in French. Take physics and calculus. These kids can barely read. How about wood, metal and tool and die shop. How about cosmetology and office support. Oh no. That's demeaning.

That's why I'm getting the f*** out of this god damn office chair soon

I'll just add that I don't think society's aversion to vocational jobs as a career path is strictly a D vs. R thing. Working with your hands decreased in popularity when doing so meant that you'd have a harder time making ends meet. Plus, society has a different set of values now. Most people wouldn't bat an eye paying an extra $2,000 for leather seats in their new car or $400 for a cellphone....but get all sorts of crazy when a plumber hands them a $200 bill for servicing that red thing in the corner of the basement that makes weird noise but keeps their entire house warm and gives them hot showers all year long.

I think also that our grandparents worked very VERY hard...and then exhorted their children to seek careers where they wouldn't have to slave at the same type of thankless jobs they had. "Don't be a plumber, little Johnny. Be a lawyer or a doctor". You may see that change soon. "Don't waste thousands on a college degree, little Tucker. Pick up a vocation and start earning at age 18 instead of age 24"....
    PK, you'll be inside for the duration. Having to much fun overchaging customers. I actually applaud your chutpah.
    I will pay a good trademan a fair fee. Agreed to upfront, of course.
    My grandparents and parents did work hard. And I was encouraged to work hard in a different way.
    As for the future. Spending money so Sussie can be an art history or women's studies major? STUPID. Same with a dozen other majors. Get a major which is in demand. Or go to a trade/tech school.

There are plenty of people happy to be on welfare. No work - get money. Plus get everything else they need. On welfare but have $200 sneakers, a new i phone and a 52" LCD TV. Why work. they have a dr\ug distribution gig on the side.
    Romney is accurate, BUT should keep ity to himself or presentthe data differently. Maybe. of course no leech will vote for hom anyway and risk cutting into the gravy train.
    I agree with you there are a lot of people who abuse the system and those people make me sick.

But also remember there are people who have fallen and hard times and just need a little help to get on their feet.

I'm a little sensitive on this subject.When I was a teenager we hit real hard times as a family.My mom had to go on food stamps to make sure we had food.She was in tears from being embarassed,but she worked her a$$ off and we got off assistance in about a year.

Just remember those people who are honest, hard working people who just need a little help right now.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by IHATEDOLPHINS View Post
    I agree with you there are a lot of people who abuse the system and those people make me sick.

But also remember there are people who have fallen and hard times and just need a little help to get on their feet.

I'm a little sensitive on this subject.When I was a teenager we hit real hard times as a family.My mom had to go on food stamps to make sure we had food.She was in tears from being embarassed,but she worked her a$$ off and we got off assistance in about a year.

Just remember those people who are honest, hard working people who just need a little help right now.
    Me too. Grew up on food stamps, welfare , free lunch to mention just a few. What I learned is that work was the only way off. I am sensitive to it BUT 99 weeks of unemployment and so many other programs invite people to stay dependent.

I now make a GREAT living and work my arse off. BUT... I believe many (not most, but a LOT) of people dont want to work. Why should they?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    Me too. Grew up on food stamps, welfare , free lunch to mention just a few. What I learned is that work was the only way off. I am sensitive to it BUT 99 weeks of unemployment and so many other programs invite people to stay dependent.

I now make a GREAT living and work my arse off. BUT... I believe many (not most, but a LOT) of people dont want to work. Why should they?
    Agree 100 percent.I had work ethic beaten into my head all growing up.I live within my means,pay all my bills,and don't need help from anyone.I have a nice little chunk in the bank.

All Pro
    Oh great, another pile on Romney thread for stating the all-too-obvious about B. Hussein's base EXPECTING and DEMANDING more gov't (e. g. other taxpayer funded stuff)

Mother Jones...impartial

Romney did not mention Tax Refunds yet we have extreme confusion in this thread from various "horse's asses" about refunds of overpayments vs "refunds" to illegals and other non-payers based on "tax credits" - and people crying about folks who pay 80% and upwards of all taxes not paying their "fair share" ...

Keep the lib/crypto-lib laffs comin'..."robbed us of tax money" as if the public/government is ENTITLED to other's earnings...nothing different said here by Romney that ronpaulstiltskin wouldnt say, amirite?
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 09-18-2012 at 06:20 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    PK, you'll be inside for the duration. Having to much fun overchaging customers. I actually applaud your chutpah.
    I will pay a good trademan a fair fee. Agreed to upfront, of course.
    My grandparents and parents did work hard. And I was encouraged to work hard in a different way.
    As for the future. Spending money so Sussie can be an art history or women's studies major? STUPID. Same with a dozen other majors. Get a major which is in demand. Or go to a trade/tech school.
    Lol. Wut?

I overcharged people?

When was that?

Sent from my Double-Wide using Semaphore...

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    And yet, would still be a better President than Obuttocks BY MILES. Weird, huh?
    Keep living a fantasy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Iguess Willard is part of that 17 % having paid no taxes for most pf the last dozen years...

Too bad the GOP rejected Dr Ron Paul and put up this schmuck instead

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2
    Ron Paul = creepy fringe guy who occasionally says something rational.

your support is both ironic and humorous.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by adb280z View Post
    This didn't need to be twisted, they can just use his own words against him.
    and what words would those be? He may have been blunt, but he spoke the truth.

Hall Of Fame
    Loved how this audio from 1998 popped up. Good to see Mitt punching back. There seems to be some cards on the table now from both guys. Great opportunity to open the discussion about the fundamental differences between the two candidates. Hopefully the Romney campaign runs with it.

BTW, if you want to hear the audio you will likely have to Google it. I highly doubt you will see or hear about it on the mainstream news.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    What constitutes low life trash. The person who lied about their income on a mortgage loan or the loan officer that didn't verify or the rich bankers that cut it up and sold it as triple A paper?

No question we have a large group of people who don't want to work and won't work as long as they can get a handout. There is also no question that an awful lot of the 47% out there are not low lifes who want to work including college graduates who can't find jobs becuase the economy is in the pits and we have real structural changes that impacts millions of people.

There are plenty of hard working low life scums who have no ethics and have gamed the system and their are plenty of poor who have no one to blame but themselves.

The President of the US represents all the people and just like Obama wants to have his class warefare against the top 1%, Mitt Romney is a horses ass for trying to make his class warefare about the bottom 47%.
    I define low life trash as those who CAN work but choose not to. Plenty of those in our society.
    There are also plenty of jobs UNFILLED out there. No, they are not Research Director or Marketing VP but there are jobs. The paper carries plenty. We have jobs fairs here (just a microcosm, of course) with many companies looking for people. BUT you need some sort of education. And a clean record. And a willingness.
    I also decry rich crooks - be they brokers or brokers. Hey, Obama's buddy Jon Corzine is doing just fine (why isn't HE is jail, Barack?).
    Want a job, don't have one? U.S. Army. My son (he didn't have any openings) knows a Columbia MBA who enlisted because he had no other choices. Selling used cars would have been an option.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

That's the point. ANYBODY can get whacked. In the short term. You have to hustle back. It's like getting knocked down in a game. Get up.
    It has become a intergenerational culture of assistance. With no stigma. I was unemployed exactly 3 weeks my whole life. From the time I separated from the Army until I started working. My father was about the same after WWII but he had it harder because job searching was harder.
    Neither he nor I ever had a real safety net. Until we earned one.