Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Romney: '47% of Americans are dependent on gov't, are victims'

Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    State & swing state polls on Rassmussen show an average-over-time 50/50 split.

Rassy site says that 55% of voters don't like either Obama or Romney. I wonder that this means.

Gary Johnson 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    Gary Johnson 2012?
    I'm with you there!

But this 55% of Amerian voters rejecting both Obama and Romey might be shaping up to be an unexpected wild-card in this election. Neither candidate can get sustained traction in polls.

Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyJet View Post
    I'm with you there!

But this 55% of Amerian voters rejecting both Obama and Romey might be shaping up to be an unexpected wild-card in this election. Neither candidate can get sustained traction in polls.

If only if he were in the debates, (although, to be honest, he would hurt Romney more than Obama, and probably hand Obama the election) I'm voting for him (empty gesture in NY) but without allowing him to present himself to the voters and have soundbytes playing over and over again in the media he really has no shot at making any kind of impression with that 55%.

I mention his name at work and get a sea of blank stares.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Nobody who is offended by that comment was going to vote for him anyway.
    I disagree. For many of those in the middle (I used to be one), especially those who are increasingly dissatisfied with the President, things like this reminds them of the attitude that puts them off.

He was probably just very consciously reeling off talking points that he knew would whip those in the room into a feverish, loose pocketed, run-through-walls-for-him frenzy. I bet you could find many other pols in a similar 'preaching to the choir' situation, saying things that's they'd rather not have broadcast.

Quote Originally Posted by piney View Post
    If only if he were in the debates, (although, to be honest, he would hurt Romney more than Obama, and probably hand Obama the election) I'm voting for him (empty gesture in NY) but without allowing him to present himself to the voters and have soundbytes playing over and over again in the media he really has no shot at making any kind of impression with that 55%.

I mention his name at work and get a sea of blank stares.
    Romney has punted this election to Obama already

MSM rules!!!! No more proof necessary

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by isired View Post
    I disagree. For many of those in the middle (I used to be one), especially those who are increasingly dissatisfied with the President, things like this reminds them of the attitude that puts them off.

He was probably just very consciously reeling off talking points that he knew would whip those in the room into a feverish, loose pocketed, run-through-walls-for-him frenzy. I bet you could find many other pols in a similar 'preaching to the choir' situation, saying things that's they'd rather not have broadcast.
    according to today's polls, this video is having no bad effects, and some good ones, especially among Hispanics.

awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by quantum View Post
    according to today's polls, this video is having no bad effects, and some good ones, especially among Hispanics.

awesome!
    What polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Piper View Post
    Nobody who is offended by that comment was going to vote for him anyway.
    Right because Conservatives don't mind class warefare as long as it's toward lower income families.

Class warefare has been one of the things Conservatives hate about Obama, it should make them just as uncomfortable about Romney.

Hall Of Fame
    Further evidence showing what a moron Romney is. Even if he believes his misinformation, he shouldn't put himself in the position of ending up on youtube and insulting half the population when trying to win an election. It's just one gaffe after another with this clown...his goodwill trip to England where he insults their country on day 1... claiming he he likes firing people...tries to make a $10,000 bet during a debate....this guy has absolutely no common sense.
    I'd say the three debates will finish him off when he provides even more damaging off-the-cuff remarks.

First Pailin and now this. Comical. What a disaster this party is. It was obvious that the day the party decided to back this dimwitted, unlikable stiff, they gave away an election that was in the bag for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Further evidence showing what a moron Romney is. Even if he believes his misinformation, he shouldn't put himself in the position of ending up on youtube and insulting half the population when trying to win an election. It's just one gaffe after another with this clown...his goodwill trip to England where he insults their country on day 1... claiming he he likes firing people...tries to make a $10,000 bet during a debate....this guy has absolutely no common sense.
    I'd say the three debates will finish him off when he provides even more damaging off-the-cuff remarks.

First Pailin and now this. Comical. What a disaster this party is. It was obvious that the day the party decided to back this dimwitted, unlikable stiff, they gave away an election that was in the bag for them.
    I hope your low expectations prevail when the debates happen. Obviously you didn't watch the 18 debates during the primaries. Romney is an excellent debater and got lots of practice in the primaries. Debates are an expectations game and the fact that the Obamabots think he is great at debating is a major plus for Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefst2000 View Post
    I hope your low expectations prevail when the debates happen. Obviously you didn't watch the 18 debates during the primaries. Romney is an excellent debater and got lots of practice in the primaries. Debates are an expectations game and the fact that the Obamabots think he is great at debating is a major plus for Romney.
    If Romney (and his voting block), at this point are looking for the debates to save him he has already lost. All the President has to do is stay his ground.

I have the feeling that Mitt will mumble away things again.

Hall Of Fame
    Imo, Romney is not a great debater and I don't agree that he did well in the primaries. His party was never excited about him. Not to mention the guys in the primaries were even worse candidates than he is. We'll see if Romney answers the question or somehow keeps managing to squeeze his talking points into every question like Pailin did last time around. My guess is Obama will be calm and collected while Romney comes off as snarky and occasionally befuddled.

I wouldn't say that Obama is a great debater, but he is certainly very good. He absolutely crushed McCain.

Romney will lose this race for one reason...the guy is just unlikeable. It probably shouldn't be that way, but it is. I doubt many of the hardcore republicans here like him and they likely wish there was a different candidate. If the hardcores of a party don't like a candidate, he's not going to win an election. Just a mind-boggling choice.

Add to the fact that he is hiding his tax returns makes him untrustworthy too.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetdawgg View Post
    If Romney (and his voting block), at this point are looking for the debates to save him he has already lost. All the President has to do is stay his ground.

I have the feeling that Mitt will mumble away things again.
    I'm glad you have that feeling. It helps with the expectations game. Romney was money in the primary debates. Obama is not very good when he goes off teleprompter. He has never faced any real questions about his policy decisions or failures either. I think he will be flustered in the debates. Regardless the election is tied at the moment and Obama's approval numbers are below 50%. I still think he loses by a 5 point margin.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Imo, Romney is not a great debater and I don't agree that he did well in the primaries. His party was never excited about him. Not to mention the guys in the primaries were even worse candidates than he is. We'll see if Romney answers the question or somehow keeps managing to squeeze his talking points into every question like Pailin did last time around. My guess is Obama will be calm and collected while Romney comes off as snarky and occasionally befuddled.

I wouldn't say that Obama is a great debater, but he is certainly very good. He absolutely crushed McCain.

Romney will lose this race for one reason...the guy is just unlikeable. It probably shouldn't be that way, but it is. I doubt many of the hardcore republicans here like him and they likely wish there was a different candidate. If the hardcores of a party don't like a candidate, he's not going to win an election. Just a mind-boggling choice.
    You didn't see the primary debates. The TEA Party base wanted anyone but Romney and that was clear from the beginning. That's why every time Romney crushed an opponent in a debate a new "leader" would emerge. The reality for those of us that paid attention was that Romney destroyed Gingrich in the Florida debate and later crushed Santor-chram. I'm not convinced that he will "crush" Obama but just holding his own the people first tuning in will see a serious candidate that looks nothing like the caricature the media has painted.

All Pro
    You didn't see the primary debates. The TEA Party base wanted anyone but Romney and that was clear from the beginning. That's why every time Romney crushed an opponent in a debate a new "leader" would emerge. The reality for those of us that paid attention was that Romney destroyed Gingrich in the Florida debate and later crushed Santor-chram. I'm not convinced that he will "crush" Obama but just holding his own the people first tuning in will see a serious candidate that looks nothing like the caricature the media has painted.
    I'm looking forward to Ryan crushing Biden like a rotten melon. The MSM will call it elder abuse and say he was the first senior he threw off a cliff

The liberals and crypto-liberals coming out of the closet here lately to dump on Romney is just a sign of panic. If Gingrich won they'd criticize his personal shortcomings. If it was Sanatarium theyd say he wanted a theocracy. Theyd call Bachmann a anti-gay bigot with a gay spouse. And so on.
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 09-20-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    I'm looking forward to Ryan crushing Biden like a rotten melon. The MSM will call it elder abuse and say he was the first senior he threw off a cliff
    This goes without saying.

What polls?
    The polls that you disagree with and the ones I could careless about. There is one poll that counts Novmber 6 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by MnJetFan View Post
    The polls that you disagree with and the ones I could careless about. There is one poll that counts Novmber 6 2012.
    This site was accurate in 2008:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Add to the fact that he is hiding his tax returns makes him untrustworthy too.

I am still waiting for an answer to MY question:

Why did Obama have $820,000 in foreign tax credits in 2010?
    That means he paid that much personal tax to foreign governments.
    I would estimate that means he made $2.5 mill to $3.0 mill with money he invested OVERSEAS. That's a minimum or he would have invested here.
    To make that much in interest and dividends, as a rule of thumb in the U.S. the principal is 15 times the divedends.
    Does Obama have $35mill to Maybe $50mill personally ionvested OVERSEAS? Sounds like HE is the one outsourcing his money to invest elsewhere.
    Perhaps Kenyan agriculture bonds? Or perhaps some oil funds on the Nairobi stock exchange? Blind trust. Sure.