Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Romney: '47% of Americans are dependent on gov't, are victims'

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyo7 View Post
    Thats great.
    But its not the case in large metropolitan cities like NYC
    Then don't live there.

Jets Insider VIP
    What about millionaires who pay no income tax?

They can't be handout seeking scum, can they?

Quote Originally Posted by PlumberKhan View Post

welfare for the poor/lower class = bad
    welfare for the wealthy; corporate welfare (bailouts, obscene tax breaks) = A OK

In fact, most of the flock might not even be aware of what corporate welfare is and to what degree they have robbed us of tax money.

Depends on their income that year.

If I have 100 million dollars, and make $0 in FY2012, why would I pay income taxes on no income?

Now, if those income rules are written badly, take it up with both (R) and (D), as they both had a hand in creating them and special interest/social engineering pork-filling them.

Of course, there is also a fundamental difference between allowing someone to keep more oftheir own income (i.e. "corporate welfare") and giving someone income and benefits they did nothing to get other than exist (i.e. actual welfare).

Some folks would like to make it seem like me getting to keep 75% of my income instead of 74% is "welfare" for me.

While those same folsk defend they guy who kept 100% of his income, and also got an additional 250% of his income from us (the state) in aid/benefits as being the better of the two morally.
    Last edited by Warfish; 09-18-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Jets Insider VIP

I especially like the not-so-subtle "Non-Payers Red, Payers Blue" color coding, lol.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I especially like the not-so-subtle "Non-Payers Red, Payers Blue" color coding, lol.
    Me too.

Here's another thing to put in your pipe and smoke:

Part of the reason so many Americans don’t pay federal income taxes is that Republicans have passed a series of very large tax cuts that wiped out the income-tax liability for many Americans.
    That's the Republican party for you. Cause a problem, then b*tch about it.

I have NEVER seen a millioaire who pays no tax. LINK? Seriously?

They pay no tax if they have no income. THAT I have seen. Retired millionaires.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 09-18-2012 at 12:57 PM.

All League
    Romney alienating half his electorate. Brilliant.

How ANYONE could vote for him after this video being released astounds me. Mitt Romney doesn't like half of America, he just admitted it.

In addition to that, he's a hypocritical moron.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by MCBNY View Post
    Romney alienating half his electorate. Brilliant.

How ANYONE could vote for him after this video being released astounds me. Mitt Romney doesn't like half of America, he just admitted it.

In addition to that, he's a hypocritical moron.
    And yet, would still be a better President than Obuttocks BY MILES. Weird, huh?

Yeah, unfortunately these vocational programs have been cut out of many public schools. They were very costly and seen by elite scum as expendable, so they were a victim of budget cuts.

Plenty of vocational and tech schools still around. we have Trident Tech here. Has a huge enrollment. Nothing but vocational. Heavy on medical and computer. Lots of unfilled jobs in med here. Art majors - busing tables. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jetsmetsrangers View Post
    The some that do not pay taxes because they only have SS income are part of the 47% that Romney talks about.....

That may be BUT his intent is to highlight the mother with 5 kids at 22 who is a crack addict. And who 5 different lovers hang out and drink and do week (crack) all day. Along with their parent who have never workered (when they weren't serving time). Multi generational welfare leeces.
    Romney is NOT criticizing SS recipients unless they receive ADDITIONAL money as a refund. Why should they or anyone else get extra money back. It's a situation rife with abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    Iguess Willard is part of that 17 % having paid no taxes for most pf the last dozen years...

Too bad the GOP rejected Dr Ron Paul and put up this schmuck instead

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

As usual you obviously have not a single clue as to what YOU are talking about. He paid NO taxes? really? He released two tax returns showing he paid around 14% the last two years. But since you neglected YOUR OWN education you wouldn't know that. Learn to red and comprehend please.
    And again I introduce logic into an equation. libs do not understand the word because they have to told things as they can't reason: the IRS would have brought Mitt in long ago if he wasn't paying. They haven't have they? Is there a lib here who can expalin that?

Quote Originally Posted by palmetto defender View Post
    Plenty of vocational and tech schools still around. we have Trident Tech here. Has a huge enrollment. Nothing but vocational. Heavy on medical and computer. Lots of unfilled jobs in med here. Art majors - busing tables. LOL
    Trident Tech is not a public high school. Its a private school where you pay tuition. You (and others)were talking about vocational programs in high schools as an alternative for kids not academically gifted.

When I went to school they had a trade concentration that students could do.
    A variety of potential careers. For both males and females. This was available when my children were is HS as well. Yes, it is a valuable training program.
    So instead of chemistry, physics, calculus, foreign language etc - trade courses were taken. Some at the school, some at a nearby votech. English, math and history minimum requirements still needed to be satisfied.
    In many cases jobs were ready for these students on graduation. Never going to be a bank president but run theoir own auto shop, plumbing company or a variety of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Trades View Post
    Vo Tech in my county is strong and has actually grown to include Veterinary and Computer tech skills among other skills that actually relate to a real job.

As here. Once again you are proving yourself a racist who refutes the liberal stupidity. Thank you.
    We have (vos) them here plus where I lived in NJ (Morris County) plus still in the HS as of 6 years ago.
    But libs don't know about vocation training becasue they might get their sissy hands dirty. Or do something non artsy.
    I'll give PK a pass here (amazing) since though a lib he's not afraid to work, I believe.

Thats great.
    But its not the case in large metropolitan cities like NYC

Odd. Almost EVERY large American city is run byy FLAMING LIBERAL DEMOCRATS.
    Perhaps the party of the people is really the culprit. You stepped into that one now Mr. Civil Servant. The old think before we write applies here. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    welfare for the poor/lower class = bad
    welfare for the wealthy; corporate welfare (bailouts, obscene tax breaks) = A OK

In fact, most of the flock might not even be aware of what corporate welfare is and to what degree they have robbed us of tax money.

You are so full of it. No wonder you have admitted you students are LOSERS.
    If you have high AGI you pay tax. I am a milionaire. I pay tax. Lots.
    Now let'say I made a million a year without a job and all my income was in tax free bonds I would pay no tax. But my reported income as per rules established long before asyone here was born woul be zero.
    Bit I would be sacrificing a high total return so I could help fund municipalities which employ overpaid civil servants.

Whoa. I'm rolling on this thread. Love catching losers in failed thought processes. But it's so easy. LOL

Odd. Almost EVERY large American city is run byy FLAMING LIBERAL DEMOCRATS.
    Perhaps the party of the people is really the culprit. You stepped into that one now Mr. Civil Servant. The old think before we write applies here. LOL.
    Unlike you, i dont see it as Dem vs Rep. This is not a football team to support. Dems make mistakes just as much as Repubs (just not as many and not with as dire consequences).

As here. Once again you are proving yourself a racist who refutes the liberal stupidity. Thank you.
    We have (vos) them here plus where I lived in NJ (Morris County) plus still in the HS as of 6 years ago.
    But libs don't know about vocation training becasue they might get their sissy hands dirty. Or do something non artsy.
    I'll give PK a pass here (amazing) since though a lib he's not afraid to work, I believe.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Cause we all know, if you are not doing manual labor you are not really working.

Jets Insider VIP

That's why I'm getting the f*** out of this god damn office chair soon

I'll just add that I don't think society's aversion to vocational jobs as a career path is strictly a D vs. R thing. Working with your hands decreased in popularity when doing so meant that you'd have a harder time making ends meet. Plus, society has a different set of values now. Most people wouldn't bat an eye paying an extra $2,000 for leather seats in their new car or $400 for a cellphone....but get all sorts of crazy when a plumber hands them a $200 bill for servicing that red thing in the corner of the basement that makes weird noise but keeps their entire house warm and gives them hot showers all year long.

I think also that our grandparents worked very VERY hard...and then exhorted their children to seek careers where they wouldn't have to slave at the same type of thankless jobs they had. "Don't be a plumber, little Johnny. Be a lawyer or a doctor". You may see that change soon. "Don't waste thousands on a college degree, little Tucker. Pick up a vocation and start earning at age 18 instead of age 24"....