Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: News and Tweets 9/18

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    Anyone else annoyed by Mehta's constant tweeting implying that the Jets should have played Tebow more to spark the offense? I'm sick of the Tebow chatter
    Mehta wants a QB controversy. It is good for business. If the Jets lose Sunday, expect him to invent one with some "unnamed sources".

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @TBBuccaneers: Jordan Shipley is back. The former CIN WR re-signed Tuesday & G Derek Hardman was released.

NFL.Com Features Page Dedicated Solely To Tim Tebow

By Benjamin Fearnow

September 17, 2012 6:53 PM

Tampa Bay (CBS TAMPA) – Tim Tebow may not be a starting quarterback, but the NFL has given him his own starring role on the league’s website.

Called the “Tebow Zone,” NFL.com has dedicated a page entirely to the New York Jets’ backup quarterback. It features a full play-by-play analysis and recap of nearly every Tim Tebow highlight.

“Every Tim Tebow Game,” reads the page’s subtitle.

The green-and-white website has video clips and written analysis of the No. 15 jersey out of the University of Florida.

“Tim Tebow was in the game for three plays including a 22-yard run in the third quarter. The New York Jets lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-10,” reads one description for a nearly two-minute video of his limited play from this past weekend’s game.

The documentation will continue week-to-week and still has his week one performance against the Bills posted: “Tim Tebow made his New York Jets debut in a 48-28 victory over the Buffalo Bills, playing multiple positions on offense but never attempting a single pass while under center. He DID recover an onside kick late in the game however, and finished with 5 carries for 11 yards.”

Facebook users have the ability to comment on the website, where many have expressed that the website may be a bit absurd.

“This is ridiculous,” reads the top comment posted on the shrine to the outspoken Christian-faith quarterback. “I can’t believe this is still going on. Have to give it to the Tebow haters, they are relentless. A man that has morals and that will make it in the NFL,” another fan posted.

There is another posted video called “Top 10 Things We Love About Tim Tebow.” But after a 37-second tease, you have to join something called “Total Access” to see the rest.

“They should call it Total Excess,” Orlando Sentinel sportswriter Jerry Greene commented.

Regardless of whether or not page viewers support the Tebow-obsessed page, hundreds of visitors are continuing to ‘like’ the page on Facebook and comment on the NFL.com website.

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/09/17...-to-tim-tebow/

And so it's just begun and Woody is smiling wherever he may be...

Erik Frenz ‏@ErikFrenz
    Ben Roethlisberger's 77.4 completion percentage was the highest allowed by the #Jets defense in the Rex Ryan era.

And Revis and his agent$$ take note..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    NFL.Com Features Page Dedicated Solely To Tim Tebow

By Benjamin Fearnow

September 17, 2012 6:53 PM

Tampa Bay (CBS TAMPA) – Tim Tebow may not be a starting quarterback, but the NFL has given him his own starring role on the league’s website.

Called the “Tebow Zone,” NFL.com has dedicated a page entirely to the New York Jets’ backup quarterback. It features a full play-by-play analysis and recap of nearly every Tim Tebow highlight.

“Every Tim Tebow Game,” reads the page’s subtitle.

The green-and-white website has video clips and written analysis of the No. 15 jersey out of the University of Florida.

“Tim Tebow was in the game for three plays including a 22-yard run in the third quarter. The New York Jets lost to the Pittsburgh Steelers 27-10,” reads one description for a nearly two-minute video of his limited play from this past weekend’s game.

The documentation will continue week-to-week and still has his week one performance against the Bills posted: “Tim Tebow made his New York Jets debut in a 48-28 victory over the Buffalo Bills, playing multiple positions on offense but never attempting a single pass while under center. He DID recover an onside kick late in the game however, and finished with 5 carries for 11 yards.”

Facebook users have the ability to comment on the website, where many have expressed that the website may be a bit absurd.

“This is ridiculous,” reads the top comment posted on the shrine to the outspoken Christian-faith quarterback. “I can’t believe this is still going on. Have to give it to the Tebow haters, they are relentless. A man that has morals and that will make it in the NFL,” another fan posted.

There is another posted video called “Top 10 Things We Love About Tim Tebow.” But after a 37-second tease, you have to join something called “Total Access” to see the rest.

“They should call it Total Excess,” Orlando Sentinel sportswriter Jerry Greene commented.

Regardless of whether or not page viewers support the Tebow-obsessed page, hundreds of visitors are continuing to ‘like’ the page on Facebook and comment on the NFL.com website.

http://tampa.cbslocal.com/2012/09/17...-to-tim-tebow/

And so it's just begun and Woody is smiling wherever he may be...

What a complete joke this is. I am shocked that the NFL website would do this, this seems something more of what ESPN would do. Please get this guy off our team, I know it won't happen this year but hopefully in the off season they dump him for whatever someone is willing to give us.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    What a complete joke this is. I am shocked that the NFL website would do this, this seems something more of what ESPN would do. Please get this guy off our team, I know it won't happen this year but hopefully in the off season they dump him for whatever someone is willing to give us.
    Have you watched NFL Network at all since the Tebow trade?

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I can't wait til the season ends so we can finally be rid of this guy.

Nice guy and all, but he's not worth all this hype and unwanted attention.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I can't wait til the season ends so we can finally be rid of this guy.

Nice guy and all, but he's not worth all this hype and unwanted attention.
    Why do you care what the NFL Network does? Why does that mean you want Tebow off the team? The Jets clearly aren't buying into the BS, so why do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    Why do you care what the NFL Network does? Why does that mean you want Tebow off the team? The Jets clearly aren't buying into the BS, so why do you care?
    Because it makes us look like a joke. If he weren't here, this hunt for the Jets’ head wouldn't be happening. And what do we get out of it? A terrible QB who plays punt protector.

Ship him off to Jacksonville and be done with it.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I have cable-vision so I literally just got it a few weeks back and personally only like it for the games and the redzone. Most of the analysts are ex patriots and half retarded. I especially can't stand that guy that sits two seats to the right of eric davis, I believe his name is mark Kreigel. Boy id love to punch that guy in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by RevisCroWilson View Post
    I have cable-vision so I literally just got it a few weeks back and personally only like it for the games and the redzone. Most of the analysts are ex patriots and half retarded. I especially can't stand that guy that sits two seats to the right of eric davis, I believe his name is mark Kreigel. Boy id love to punch that guy in the mouth.
    Lol, wait til they have Heath Evans on again. That's straight lol, homie.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    DeVito said "it's still a down, it's still a play...you gotta keep going" sides with Schiano.

"Now, you have a target on your" DeVito said on the absence of Maybin in the backfield.

DeVito said the #Jets stayed with the game plan despite no Revis

Jets Insider VIP
    the good news is that Gabbert is injured and Jacksonville has seen in one game just how much Chad Henne sucks....

making that second round pick deal from the Jaguars for Timmy more and more do-able every day

Jets Insider VIP
    You clowns are still b!tching about tebow. Pathetic.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    1. GFY...I could careless about tebow its the media madness that comes with him

2. GFY again.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    Those with big red noses should not throw stones.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    i think they should have as well. the steelers weren't having that much success stopping the run when greene wasn't the ball carrier. why not run those other guys more?
    I'm sorry - what game were you watching? The Jets rushed for a total of 90 yards. Their leading rusher was Bilal Powell with a whopping 33 yards. How exactly were the steelers not having much success stopping the run?

Quote Originally Posted by petejet View Post
    I'm sorry - what game were you watching? The Jets rushed for a total of 90 yards. Their leading rusher was Bilal Powell with a whopping 33 yards. How exactly were the steelers not having much success stopping the run?
    the jets had 22 carries for 90 yards, just over 4 yards/carry. not abysmal.

if you eliminate greene's contributions, the jets ran 11 times for 67 yards, or just over 6 yards/carry. with the passing game not clicking, why not use the runners who were getting the yards? greene had a 2 yard/carry average yet got half the rushing attempts, and probably would have had more if he hadn't been injured.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    the good news is that Gabbert is injured and Jacksonville has seen in one game just how much Chad Henne sucks....

making that second round pick deal from the Jaguars for Timmy more and more do-able every day
    Tebow, Green and third for MJD.
    Make it happen, Tanny.

Veteran
    Both teams continued to run with low productivity although the Jets had a higher average. Those runs keep the DL honest although it didn't help the Jets passing much.