Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garrett McIntyre: Maybe a Wally Pipp thing here?

Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    For those that don't know, Pipp was who Lou Gehrig took over for when Pipp went down with and injury. He never started another game for the Yakmees.

I thought McIntyre had a great game ( with the exception of one running play). Hopefully BT never gets his job back. He sucks!!
    McIntyre is a avg player, he is a good backup. Lets not get carried away from one game. He is a tad slow and horrible in space.

What this really shows is that are linbackers overall are slow and old. That is the real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    All of which tells us that UDFA's are important to a team.

THIS TEAM...doesn't do a good enough job with picks 6 and 7 as well as UDFA's.
    Geezus, is there a single thread on here that a person can read with out you complaining about the FO.

Seriously look what you just wrote....The Jets dont do a good enough job with their Round 6 and 7 picks? Please tell me which team does a great job with those rounds? How many Tom Bradys are there running around?

Mike Devito - 3 year starter, and UDFA
    Matt Slauson - 3 year starter and 6th round pick
    Brandon Moore - Pro bowler and UDFA

Thats 3 STARTERS who were acquired from the 6th round on.

Mcintyre, cumberland and trufant all UDFA contributors
    Lancaster is a 7th round pick that we picked up and who is contributing

There isnt a single poster on this board that doesnt want a SB win for the team, but to nitpick every single move is absolutely ridiculous, especially if you have zero factual basis for what you are saying.
    Last edited by eaglenj; 09-18-2012 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    McIntyre is a avg player, he is a good backup. Lets not get carried away from one game. He is a tad slow and horrible in space.
    What this really shows is that are linbackers overall are slow and old. That is the real problem.
    I think we could have our Kevin Greene

Smile

I think we could have our Kevin Greene
    I wish he was Kevin Greene lol

Jets Insider VIP
    Said it in the game thread and I'll say it here; He's the LB equivalent of Eric Smith, nice player with above average effort, below average athleticism for hie position and will make an impact play every so often just by virtue of heart and headiness. Giveth, then taketh. And taketh. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Said it in the game thread and I'll say it here; He's the LB equivalent of Eric Smith, nice player with above average effort, below average athleticism for hie position and will make an impact play every so often just by virtue of heart and headiness. Giveth, then taketh. And taketh. Wash, rinse, repeat.
    But, can he get to the QB consistantly? Sometimes guys that aren't great athletes have the ability to get to the QB.

Jets Insider VIP
    But, can he get to the QB consistantly? Sometimes guys that aren't great athletes have the ability to get to the QB.
    I'm not sold on it, no. Also, if he's filling in for BT, I presume he is responsible for being stout at the PoA, not necessarily rushing the QB.

Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    He was great rushing the QB and runners... looked lost in space trying to cover...
    He's not that good in space but showed surprising velocity in the passrushing and run defence. Apparently Rex rates Pace quite highly in the coverage dept