Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any trade rumors floating around?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    If you think a scrub like Wilson and a draft pick would be enough to land McFadden, you need to stop watching football.
    Set your sights lower and aim for Taiwan Jones, who the Jets were supposedly smitten with before the 2011 draft. I'd consider giving up a third for him.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronxville Jets Fan View Post
    Set your sights lower and aim for Taiwan Jones, who the Jets were supposedly smitten with before the 2011 draft. I'd consider giving up a third for him.
    I'd LOVE Jones, and would part with a conditional 4th that can become a 3rd. He'd complement Greene and Powell perfectly and definitely would give us that big-time threat. Too bad it makes too much sense for Tannebaum/Rex.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about Chris Johnson?! Theres a top of his position type of talent in dire need of a change of scenery... Id think he can be had for a 2nd or 3rd rounder at this point

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Get off of it with this guy already. He's still recovering from a major knee injury and even when healthy isn't that good. We need a homerun hitter with SPEED, not a guy who'd run for two yards a clip. We have a guy like that already, remember?
    Home run hitter ??? .. I guess your willing to deal Revis ?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just don't think going out and trading for another back will do no help but hurt our process of trying to add some depth. The problem is Rex himself. He needs to mix players in where they are capable to make plays. I think we can survive with a 1-2-3 punch of Powell and McKnight with Greene as a change of pace or closer,but they have to try and get them in the open. What happened to screen plays with all this talk having 3 probowlers . Get this o line active again and their legs moving. What happened to pitch outs and spreading McKnight out as a receiver? Rex has to take playing time away from" his guys" when they are not producing . This goes for both sides of the ball. And what happened to Chaz who took a roster spot without producing squat. Two games and we haven't seen a peep out of him. Our receivers could use an vet addition more then our backs.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a devout Tebow fanatic calling for him to be our starter. But ... I am crazed about the decision to pull him after he had our longest run from scrimmage while the offense was floundering. I just don't get the logic. Green has a negative run and we pull him ? Whatever.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    tanne has to have something brewing theres no way this team plays out the year with this current roster especially on offense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    we have a HR threat we never use McKnight, an above average blocker/pass catcher we seldom use Powell, and an average at best RB we run all the time. Seems if they used what they have a little better, our run game would improve.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    How about Chris Johnson?! Theres a top of his position type of talent in dire need of a change of scenery... Id think he can be had for a 2nd or 3rd rounder at this point
    The Jets cannot absorb his contract. He just signed a lucrative long term deal.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RichmondVA_Jets View Post
    id like to see tanne pull off a deal for chris johnson. he is in dire need in a change of scenery. i agree.