Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 54

Thread: RIP Steve Sabol

  1. #21
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Googoots View Post
    I hope NFL films steps it up and does a film for the funeral. It would be a fantastic tribute. They'd have super-slow mo and the inspiring music would be a great backdrop to his life's ups and downs. Hopefully they were smart, thought ahead, and had him narrate it months ago. You don't want some schmuck like Chris Collinsworth trying to narrate Steve S's life. Chris Berman might be good, though. He's have some sort of goofy nickname and get all boisterous at points though. I can picture when the film got towards the end of his life, Chris would get loud and say something like "Bumblin, Stumblin, HE COULD GO....oh." Make it happen NFL.
    Dude.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Googoots View Post
    At least he didn't suffer?
    welcome back!

    I see you haven't changed your style!

  3. #23
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,089
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    Anyone who loves football and viewed any of his work feels almost like they knew him. Condolences to his closest family and friends
    +1 NFL.com should get down on their knees today and really thank him on air. Truth; the entire NFL should; Steve was a trail blazer.

  4. #24
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,089
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow, RIP. A true media pioneer who helped change the NFL from a niche past-time to a national obsession.
    There it is.

    EDIT: NFL wayyy ahead of me.

    www.nfl.com
    Last edited by WestCoastOffensive; 09-18-2012 at 02:14 PM.

  5. #25
    RIP, Steve; a true pioneer (along with his father). Here is an interview he did with former Jets QB Chad Pennington...

    http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...ging-with-Chad

  6. #26
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Googoots View Post
    I hope NFL films steps it up and does a film for the funeral. It would be a fantastic tribute. They'd have super-slow mo and the inspiring music would be a great backdrop to his life's ups and downs. Hopefully they were smart, thought ahead, and had him narrate it months ago. You don't want some schmuck like Chris Collinsworth trying to narrate Steve S's life. Chris Berman might be good, though. He's have some sort of goofy nickname and get all boisterous at points though. I can picture when the film got towards the end of his life, Chris would get loud and say something like "Bumblin, Stumblin, HE COULD GO....oh." Make it happen NFL.
    Wrong forum, take your schtick to the hampur please.

  7. #27
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    RIP to a true AFL/NFL pioneer.

    Terrible news.

    SAR I

  8. #28
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    8,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Wow, RIP. A true media pioneer who helped change the NFL from a niche past-time to a national obsession.
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsPhoto View Post
    one of the most amazing filmmakers! the NFL would not be this epic on TV without him and his father.

    RIP
    Perfectly stated.

    RIP.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Wrong forum, take your schtick to the hampur please.
    I think it'd be a fitting tribute. Who are you to decide how pious a reaction to the death of someone we don't know should be. If anything, banalities shoud be offensive and unworthy of such a personality.

  10. #30
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Googoots View Post
    I think it'd be a fitting tribute. Who are you to decide how pious a reaction to the death of someone we don't know should be. If anything, banalities shoud be offensive and unworthy of such a personality.
    Cuz I have your balz, that's why. Enjoy your evening.
    Last edited by chesapeakejet; 09-18-2012 at 04:45 PM.

  11. #31
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Posts
    17,235
    R.I.P., You got just about every angle covered.

  12. #32
    Schluberator & Gadfly
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    26,680
    Oops, didn't get a chance to leave my condolences since I had to deal with that nut from the Westboro Baptist Church.

    RIP Steve and thanks for the memories.

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Oops, didn't get a chance to leave my condolences since I had to deal with that nut from the Westboro Baptist Church.

    RIP Steve and thanks for the memories.
    What, more platitudes?

  14. #34
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,798
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    +1 NFL.com should get down on their knees today and really thank him on air. Truth; the entire NFL should; Steve was a trail blazer.
    Agreed. May he rest in peace.

  15. #35
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    6,448
    I was reluctant to post.

    But all I can say that there is something truly special about a man and his life that when you think of him all that you can recall is the joy he has given you and others....

    Rest in Peace Mr. Sabol, your life was truly a life well done....

  16. #36
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,305
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Oops, didn't get a chance to leave my condolences since I had to deal with that nut from the Westboro Baptist Church.

    RIP Steve and thanks for the memories.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    What, more platitudes?
    Yes, how banal!





    -

  17. #37
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    the 80s
    Posts
    8,246
    Rest in Peace Sabol!

    Nothing about that is a token expression. I think Sabol was one of truly important people in the development of the package we love today. Not just a cosmetic name in the industry.

  18. #38

  19. #39
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jets Stadium Section 246
    Posts
    36,865
    Wow

    RIP Gagoots!

  20. #40
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,447

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us