Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38

Thread: A changing Jets roster?

  1. #21
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Manchez View Post
    Rex is 32-24 with 4 playoff wins. Not bad for his first HC gig. He's still learning how to be a complete HC and not just a DC...

    The one thing I really don't like is his reluctance to get the younger faster players like McKnight, Powell, Coples, and Davis on the field....

    Rex has "his" guys and he won't bench them no matter who is waiting behind them. Greene is one of Rex's guys that needs to be benched Powell does everything better than Greene and McKnight is a threat to take it to the EZ whenever he touches the ball. Why are these guys not getting more touches????

    Why was Dixon in and Coples out?????

    Harris is fat and slow, Scott is old and slow, we have younger faster guys on the roster but they don't get a chance because Harris and Scott (especially Scott) are Rex's guys....

    I was only including regular season. He is (now) 29-20. with a 4-2 in the playoffs, making him 33-22.

  2. #22
    You have Rex as 28-30.

  3. #23
    I'm all for keeping Rex - continuity, letting him learn on the job...

    The big question, in my opinion, the ONLY question that matters...

    Who is the QB of NYJ in two years.

    It almost doesn't matter about the other positions - this is a QB league and with continued rule changes is getting more so every year...

  4. #24
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,875
    Quote Originally Posted by walker85 View Post
    You have Rex as 28-30.
    Thanks man....I didn't catch that error when I was proofing it!!!!

    fixed now.

  5. #25
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Hmmmm ... This is ... How do you say it ???

    Oh yeah ... 'all kinds of wrong'
    Way to support your argument!













    ^^^Dunnie watching the Jets vs Steelers game

  6. #26
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,875
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Way to support your argument!
    Only problem is, your post has nothing to do with my post.

    My post is about continuity of successful franchises as far as management goes, and how this team will be DRASTICALLY different in two more years, given contract situations. I wasn't looking for an evaluation on Cromartie's performance on Sunday.

  7. #27
    What is interesting about next offseason is that we have 5 starters who will be FA: Greene, Keller, Thomas, Pace, Landry. I find it telling that Greene and Keller were not extended prior to their FA year like Brick, Mangold, Revis, etc.

    I would really like the team to go to a 4-3 predominantly next year. Our DL and secondary are the strength of the team. I would resign Landry. Our DL next year could be:

    Will - Pouha - Ellis - Coples

    that is a very young and talented front that is relatively cheap. At LB, start Harris in the middle, hope that Davis is ready to start at OLB and sign another 4-3 OLB who can cover and blitz occasionally. With the money saved on the front 7, invest heavily in either a RB (Reggie Bush?) or other skill position player, because that is where the talent is most lacking on the team.

  8. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Only problem is, your post has nothing to do with my post.

    My post is about continuity of successful franchises as far as management goes, and how this team will be DRASTICALLY different in two more years, given contract situations. I wasn't looking for an evaluation on Cromartie's performance on Sunday.
    Huh? My post had everything to do with your post.

    You said this ...

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    HOWEVER, while this season is young, it appears that, although the goal of winning it all is still forefront, the players could all be showcasing themselves as to whether they will be with this organization long term.

    First off, lets look at what this team will look like next year: (all figures in Millions):

    David Harris: $13/$9 dead money
    Mark Sanchez: $12.8/$17 dead money
    Santonio Holmes: $12.5/$11.2 dead money
    D’Brick: $10.7/$17 dead money
    Nick Mangold: $9.1/$9 dead money
    Cromartie: $10.7/$9.5 dead money
    Darrelle Revis: $9/$12 dead money.
    Given that, I simply pointed out that Cro - a player you mentioned above - is only "showcasing" why he shouldn't be "with this organization long term," and how Sunday, of all games, was the perfect opportunity for him to make a strong statement for himself.

    Then two clueless wiffletards - Dummie and Nike - chimed in pointlessly.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Huh? My post had everything to do with your post.

    You said this ...



    Given that, I simply pointed out that Cro - a player you mentioned above - is only "showcasing" why he shouldn't be "with this organization long term," and how Sunday, of all games, was the perfect opportunity for him to make a strong statement for himself.

    Then two clueless wiffletards - Dummie and Nike - chimed in pointlessly.
    clueless wiffletard? grow up this is a message board. why dont you two get a room.

  10. #30
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    clueless wiffletard? grow up this is a message board. why dont you two get a room.
    The thing is, that was my FIRST post of the day and my FIRST on the topic.

    You chimed in and told me to "give it a rest." LOL

    Also, your point about the D not being at fault was absurd.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    The thing is, that was my FIRST post of the day and my FIRST on the topic.

    You chimed in and told me to "give it a rest." LOL

    Also, your point about the D not being at fault was absurd.
    the continual bashing of cro is getting old. he had a bad game so did the entire jets team. the week before he lit it up. we have possibly the best cbs in the nfl and fans arent happy. there is alot of negativity here cant figure out why. we all want a super bowl.

  12. #32
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    6,875
    Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    Huh? My post had everything to do with your post.

    You said this ...



    Given that, I simply pointed out that Cro - a player you mentioned above - is only "showcasing" why he shouldn't be "with this organization long term," and how Sunday, of all games, was the perfect opportunity for him to make a strong statement for himself.

    Then two clueless wiffletards - Dummie and Nike - chimed in pointlessly.
    Ah....yes. Sorry, now I see what you were doing....

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaSteve View Post
    Where it gets interesting is in 2014/2015 Given that the 4 mentioned above are released (except Jason Smith, who, if works out, will be renegotiated), here is what 2014 looks like:
    Sanchez: $13/$4.8/$8.3
    Cromartie: $10.7/$1.2/$9.5
    Holmes: $10.7/$2.5/$8.2
    Harris: $7/2/5
    Revis: $6/9/

    There is potential for HUGE savings in 2014, which could also translate into some trades, given that while a guy like Holmes would cost you a lot in 2013, he is almost cuttable in 2014, and IS cuttable in 2015 ($9.2/$1.2/$8.

    Then, in 2015, we basically have Mangold, Ferguson, Coples, Hill, Davis, Revis, Holmes, Sanchez and Bush under contract. By 2015, the salary cap will be taking a jump.

    This team was set up to win when Rex was brought in, and they overpaid some guys to keep the continuity after the first two AFC Championships. Team’s take a swing, and sometimes they miss. But I think these guys are playing for jobs in the upcoming seasons. This team is going to be almost unrecognizable in three years; Mangold and Ferguson will be onwards of the wrong side of 30, as will Revis. Pouha, if retained, will be at the end of his contract. My guess is we will be re-upping Kerley, Wilkerson, Powell, etc. But I think what we are seeing is a “Let’s see if we can go to the dance with what we have, and if not, over the next three years we will retool.”

    I would imagine we will NOT be throwing away draft picks over the next three years; but rather, we will be seeing us building a team from the draft up.

    THOUGHTS?
    I've been saying this for a while; the team is setting itself up for a serious run in 2014 without giving up the seasons before then. That said, your Revis number is wrong; it assumes he doesn't void his contract after next season, which is something there is exactly 0 chance of. He will have to be renegotiated after this season.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Maury77 View Post
    What is interesting about next offseason is that we have 5 starters who will be FA: Greene, Keller, Thomas, Pace, Landry. I find it telling that Greene and Keller were not extended prior to their FA year like Brick, Mangold, Revis, etc.
    More than that. Also Bell, Moore, Slauson, and Austin Howard (RFA). Greene, Keller, and at least one of Moore or Slauson will not be resigned; Greene's replacement will be drafted and the others will be replaced with players already on the roster (Cumberland/Ducasse). Pace is gone. We also will likely cut Bart Scott.

    A lot of holes to fill for next year

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by doggin94it View Post
    More than that. Also Bell, Moore, Slauson, and Austin Howard (RFA). Greene, Keller, and at least one of Moore or Slauson will not be resigned; Greene's replacement will be drafted and the others will be replaced with players already on the roster (Cumberland/Ducasse). Pace is gone. We also will likely cut Bart Scott.

    A lot of holes to fill for next year
    if ducasse is even average he's a starter and schauderlauf could also start. demario davis could start next season. it it possible that powell becomes the starter this year, and i think other than qb this is the most interesting positional development on the roster.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    the continual bashing of cro is getting old. he had a bad game so did the entire jets team. the week before he lit it up. we have possibly the best cbs in the nfl and fans arent happy. there is alot of negativity here cant figure out why. we all want a super bowl.
    How did Cro light it up vs Buffalo?

    Also, no one is saying Cro is a bad player, I think the issue many have with him, myself included, is that he is paid quite a bit of money for someone who makes a lot of errors on the field.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    How did Cro light it up vs Buffalo?

    Also, no one is saying Cro is a bad player, I think the issue many have with him, myself included, is that he is paid quite a bit of money for someone who makes a lot of errors on the field.
    you really need to look at the entire jets roster and see who else is paid quite a bit of money. at least cro contributes unlike many others if were going to turn this into a salary thing.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I'm all for keeping Rex - continuity, letting him learn on the job...

    The big question, in my opinion, the ONLY question that matters...

    Who is the QB of NYJ in two years.

    It almost doesn't matter about the other positions - this is a QB league and with continued rule changes is getting more so every year...
    My guess is Tony Romo.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us