Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Landry and his penalties...and a stiff arm ques.

All League

Landry and his penalties...and a stiff arm ques.

First out of bounds hit was def out of bounds, but I thought he came around the player in front of him and kind of lost the side line....didn't think it was dirty, but just late... Agree?

The Horse Collar, in my eyes was a bad call, thought he was bringing him down by the shoulder pad, but then ended up around the collar, I didn't think that was how the guy was actually tackled, but is this call liek the face mask, if your hand ends up there, then it's a penalty....

As for the stiff arm, not a fan of the fact that offensive players can do anything to the defense's face mask, see Redman basically punch Kyle Wilson in the face.... but why are we not teaching our running back to do this...don't see our backs using much stiff arms

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JetStream View Post
    First out of bounds hit was def out of bounds, but I thought he came around the player in front of him and kind of lost the side line....didn't think it was dirty, but just late... Agree?

The Horse Collar, in my eyes was a bad call, thought he was bringing him down by the shoulder pad, but then ended up around the collar, I didn't think that was how the guy was actually tackled, but is this call liek the face mask, if your hand ends up there, then it's a penalty....

Both calls were correct.

Anytime you tackle a runner by pulling on the shoulder pads you will get a horse collar penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Both calls were correct.

Anytime you tackle a runner by pulling on the shoulder pads you will get a horse collar penalty.
    +1

We were all hyping Landry up this offseason, me including. He proves that he's an upgrade but he's far from the top in this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    +1

We were all hyping Landry up this offseason, me including. He proves that he's an upgrade but he's far from the top in this league.
    He's played 2 games so far in a new defense for him.
    Takes time.
    Same thing with the offense, when they are clicking it can be very good, Buffalo game, 1st 2 drives in Pittsburgh.
    Funny how no one really talks about Rodney Harrisons claim & actual footage of the Steeler secondary manhandling the Jets & the refs making no calls.
    Sure we talk about in a "Sanchez sucks" tone but I don't care if your Mark Sanchez or Tom Brady, if DBs & Safetys are allowed to hold & grab after 5 yards with impunity your QB will not find anyone open.
    Still early & plenty of time to get better.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    He's played 2 games so far in a new defense for him.
    Takes time.
    Same thing with the offense, when they are clicking it can be very good, Buffalo game, 1st 2 drives in Pittsburgh.
    Funny how no one really talks about Rodney Harrisons claim & actual footage of the Steeler secondary manhandling the Jets & the refs making no calls.
    Sure we talk about in a "Sanchez sucks" tone but I don't care if your Mark Sanchez or Tom Brady, if DBs & Safetys are allowed to hold & grab after 5 yards with impunity your QB will not find anyone open.
    Still early & plenty of time to get better.
    Throw in a helmet to helmet hit on Sanchez that rattles him, makes for a long day. Not making excuses but he definately seemed "off" after that hit.

Made a thread about Landry on Sunday.
    The love fest here is sickening. Even more with Rex who said he was being "targeted" by the refs. Please. If this guy has another 15 yard penalty on Sunday they better sit him down.

Banned
    +1

He's definitley an upgrade, but he has to knock off the stupid penalties.

landry is a target for these inexperienced terrible referees.

+1

I was vilified here for saying that although he's a gamer, he has a 10 cent head. Those were some pretty stupid penalties, but somehow my PM box is empty of apologies.

You gotta love the attitude of wanting to hit someone hard on every play - and in his defense, he does it right, using his shoulder to the other guy's body.

But he's gotta get a clue about when a play is over...

landry plays all out balls to the wall on each and every play. i cant fault the guy for borderline penalties being called by these replacement officials.

Veteran
    At least Landry is aggressive and willing to make plays.

Cro disappeared the whole game, didn't make one legit play all day.

He not only gave up the TD bomb to Wallace, but on Pitt's final scoring drive he allowed the first down catch to Antonio Brown (on 3rd & 4) then stood there and watched while Landry arrived to make the tackle for him.

Cro didn't even help out, just stood there like a dumbass mutherfukker.

Landry reminds me of my brother when he played.

If given the opportunity to make a play or line up a hit, my brother would choose the hit every time. The problem is that it leads to a lot of plays being made by the other guy and a few great hits.

In causally watching Landry, it seems like he's sitting back there waiting to line up a hit when breaking up a pass would be the better option.... just an observation.

2 games and this board hates the guy already? Wow, talk about fairweather.

LaRon will get a hold of himself, don't worry. These penalties will stop. Still, it's sad that you guys are turning on such a passionate player.

Sorry if LARON SMASH is too reality-based for you fictional ladies.

All League
    Those two penalties were nothing. Late hit was close, and like someone already said, he was impeded on the hit; might not have realized where he was. Looked like all jersey on the "horse collar."

I like how he plays.

anyone know where i can buy his jersey? i like a hard hitting aggressive football player instead of the goody two shoes slackers.

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFanTX View Post
    Both calls were correct.

Not to be a deek but more to clarify this and point out how crazy the rulebook is, it's not a penalty if you tackle a QB by his shoulder pads while he's in the pocket. David Harris did this to Schaub in 2009 and it happened in last night's game as well.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CleatMarks View Post
    Landry reminds me of my brother when he played.

If given the opportunity to make a play or line up a hit, my brother would choose the hit every time. The problem is that it leads to a lot of plays being made by the other guy and a few great hits.

In causally watching Landry, it seems like he's sitting back there waiting to line up a hit when breaking up a pass would be the better option.... just an observation.
    I thought that way about Eric Smith early on.

He'd let the receiver make the catch so he can get a thrill laying a massive hit afterwards. He'd stage it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by jetrider View Post
    I thought that way about Eric Smith early on.

He'd let the receiver make the catch so he can get a thrill laying a massive hit afterwards. He'd stage it that way.
    I would never imagine I would say this, but, eric Smith may be teh safer choice over Landry!!!

How sad is that!

Quote Originally Posted by LA Jet Fan View Post
    I would never imagine I would say this, but, eric Smith may be teh safer choice over Landry!!!

How sad is that!
    no way in hell.